Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes an American an American

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone here know many funny american stand up comedians??
    i cant think of too many, and i cant think of a sitcom, that makes me laugh apart from scrubs.

anyone here really hate american senses of humour???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

black humour is kinda ok but i hate being politically correct. I know a lot of racist jokes and since I dont know anyone of their ethnic backround they're fine to tell to friends but id never post here or expect anyone living in a country as deversified as america to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Originally posted by weemcd
    Doug Stanhope - Word of Mouth. Very funny, far from politically correct. Well worth a watch..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

no- they're all Canadian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

not my joke but i feel it suits....

whats the difference between an American and a yoghurt?

The yoghurt is cultured.

* this is not my opinion.... its just a joke

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Looking at american technology documenties you are constantly reminded that many americans do not realise there is another world out there..

It's all "the first" / "the biggest" and I going yawn.. "the russians /french/brits had one 5 years earlier or twice as big"

"The world series" - even the GAA don't have the cheak to do that

TV evangalests / Creationists ....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by weemcd
    Lewis Black. Saw him in Kilkenny last year and I'd travel to hear the guy rant again.

Dom Irrera's pretty funny but Black is one of the funniest angry guys I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

american humour seems to be a bit strange [Supposedly futurama was canceled as most americans didnt get it, shame was a good program] and sorry to tell you the georgia accent isnt that sexy [sorry ladys] now cal ,utah or new mexico some of the girls that i have talked to from there sound sooooo sexy [most of them arent as i would find out later on that they are like 50 or 60] i work in a callcenter and get to talk to americans all day, wooh. just a general observation , there is a hell of a lot of americans that are illiterate [i know my spelling isnt that great, but i have dyslexia] and there loads on social welfare, now i have talked to a few thousand people from america [from every state] and this doesnt reflect the general population just the ones i talked to.but must say the vast majority are very polite and extremely gullible, they will buy anything [i am in tele sales if you havent guessed, working for a german company,based in ireland selling products for a british company to and american client, try explaining that to the americans] they will eat up any ****e you tell them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by irishguy
    american humour seems to be a bit strange [Supposedly futurama was canceled as most americans didnt get it, shame was a good program]

Really? - I thought it got cancelled because it was crap.

/me shrugs.

Bill Hicks is/was a great american comic (at least I'm pretty sure he was a comic) although he was certainly under appreciated and I'd imagine even to this day americans arent that fond of him as he tends to point at americanisms, their stupidity and greed and say "HEY!, thats actually going on, isnt that hilarious?"

But he is pure genius, I'd recommend him to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

mabey not your cup of tea but it was going the way of the simpsons it was great, but you can never beet the simpsons they are just pure class pitty they are getting so bad the last few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Ye futurama was g8 until they canceled it :mad:
    It was the same with "God the devil and Bob"---Class show:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Hicks was great, pay his humour live on.
    Family Guy is one of the funnist things I have ever watched, and so politicially incorrect. Got cancled for being so bad.
    Simpsons at one stage.
    God, The Devil and Bob was fun but not as funny.

All other good comedian I've heard from that side of the water are Canadian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Another feature of All americans is that they fail to grasp the concept of irony , eh girls?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Folks,
    Much and all as I enjoy bashing America (and I do - if only they knew the world hated them - if only they knoew there was a world outside America), this is neither the time nor the place for it.

The jokes were funny, the bull that followed was not.

THIS IS THE HUMOUR BOARD PEOPLE!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement