Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ISP shall I choose?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

i just got esat nolimits a few weeks ago ****e pings on qw servers packet loss is bad too.i dont know whats it like on other games(servers) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I get fine ping times (less than 70ms usually) on Q3A servers using Surf NoLimits. There can be a number of other factors which will affect it rather than just the IS you use, y'know...

Bard
    |home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

jUST sEEMS lIKE mOST cONNECTIONS iN iRELAND aRE aLMOST gUARANTEED tO bE wEAK wITH eIRCOM oVERLOADING jUNCTION bOXES...mAY hAVE tO iNVEST iN iSDN

ISDN? ... Old hat... wait for cable... it'll happen!

Bard
    |home page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭OmiOmi

But when? =(

• Advertisement

Depends on your location in Ireland- It's due to happen this month as far as I know in Dublin, thanks to "ntl:" - but they only operate in Dublin (having taken over Cablelink's previous operation) so as for the rest of the country, I dunno... but it's bound to happen... sooner rather than later, one would expect

Bard
    |home page

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

Originally posted by Bard:
    Depends on your location in Ireland- It's due to happen this month as far as I know in Dublin, thanks to "ntl:" - but they only operate in Dublin (having taken over Cablelink's previous operation) so as for the rest of the country, I dunno... but it's bound to happen... sooner rather than later, one would expect

er
    NTL: also have operations in waterford and galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

And if you want to be picky, the UK and parts of the US and Canada.

mew

Advertisement