Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking news! - BBc FTA now

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

just a few questions:
    1. i am getting a sky box and i just want to watch FTA tv what do i have to do? do i need some sort of card?
    2.what is the point in connection a digi sender to an antenna? what could you just get another sat dish and decoder at the other location?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

just a s matter of interest, whats

bbc tes 1
    bc tes 2

there on there in other channels but it says no listings available, there the only 2 not coming in for me

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Originally posted by daveharlowe :

I see you made use of the MMDS dishes? :-)
    No thats a different dish. The other two *HAVE* got WiFi gear on them.

No wonder my noise figure on channel 7 has gone up !
    Doubt it. 2 hrs on only about a week ago....... ?

But if you forget which house you where at, I bet you'll remember when you are passing by!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Oddly the list of channels on Digibox scan and my PC Sat card scan don't match.
    I don't have the BBC Test1 & Test 2 on PC.

I do have (with picture / sound) on PC:
    BBC Tes 3
    ETV1
    ETV2
    T DEV-2
    T DEV-3
    T DEV-4
    T STRM-2

Nothing on BBC ONE CI, except "now & next" = "This is BBC Interactive"

Though almost all the BBCs have Teletext Stream entries (PIDs) only BBC Parliament actually has any pages. Sad. The PC card and most if not all non-Digiboxes don't do the BBCi stuff.

Ah they mostly DO have 888 for subtitles. I'd need to write some SW to do them onscreen TV as the teletext is in the usually more usefull separte window on PC. Actual Teletext reinsertion would I suspect require extra HW.

Advertisement