Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tune in extra BBC Channels

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

Does anyone know what BBC TES3 and BBC TES4 are on 10.773? BBC TES3 shows CBBC during the day and BBC TES4 shows nothing at all ( the banner just appears and stays there )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by garrettod
    A couple of quick questions, if I may:

* Anyway to add the various BBC stations (other than 1 & 2) to the EPG, so I can:
    - get them on the usual channel line up (I'm a subscriber of sky btw)
    - get them on the EPG, so I can see whats on & when (not to mention select programmes on them for autoview etc)

* Any update on ITV 1 & 2 becoming available, along with CH4 & 5. Although I pay Sky bloomin' €60 per month (I know, I know, more fool me ;)), I don't get any of these ?

Sorry Garret, only saw your post now.

Unfortunately you can't add the extra BBC channels to the EPG, which is a drag for Sky+ users as it means you can't record programmes.

As for ITV - it's encryption deal with Sky ends this Autumn, so it remains to be seen whether they'll renew it or go FTA like the Beeb.

Meanwhile Channel 4 have signed a new deal with Sky for carriage and encryption, so the only way we'll see them on an Irish box is if they chose to join the Irish line-up.

And PK - no idea what those tests are. Anyone else have any ideas ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doody

Found the bbc codes very helpful was wondering if you had codes for gettin Channel 4 on sky????

not available on an irish card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi Charles

Many thanks for the response above.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I need ITV2. :mad: Chelsea games on ITV2. Damn and blast. Anyone got ITV2?

Unfortunately ITV2 is only available on a UK subscription. It's not even Free-to-view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Unfortunately ITV2 is only available on a UK subscription. It's not even Free-to-view.

Yes, but if I got a UK Subscription would the card work here?

Looking in some other posts regarding this, it seems that some people have received cards that show ITV2 because the card thinks it's in UK or something.

If anyone has one of these cards that show ITV2 please please please can I come round and watch the Chelsea game tomorrow? :D:D:D:D
    I'll bring the beer!!!!!! Lots of it!!!!! ;)

Read the other stickies
    You could get a UK sub by simply swapping your Irish sub with someone you know in the uk
    pairing the cards with each others boxes ie you pretend to be in the UK and your friend pretends to be in Ireland.
    You ring the irish number giving his box details and he rings the uk one giving yours.
    Be carefull doing that tho and don't give the game away, make sure you take down all his onscreen menu details and that he has yours.
    You wont be able to arrange this for tomorrow night tho :/
    bit late methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

The real shame is that ITV2 ain't broadcasting to Ireland

- ITV (well, UTV to be specific) is broadcasting in RofI & more than happy to take RofI advertising. I wonder if we should all be writting to ITV2 to complain ? (asking them to sell content such as matches to RofI stations, if they won't broadcast it directly to here themselves - can't see why TG4, RTE, TV3 won't pay for the rights to show some of the games in RofI ?)

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

In the Frequency field enter: 10.773,

The next three fields are toggle fields, i.e. using the left and right arrows will change the value.

Toggle Polarisation to : H
    Toggle Symbol Rate to: 22000
    Toggle FEC to : 5/6

Then select the last button - Find Channels.

After a few seconds the channels should appear. The channels on this frequency should be - BBC One England, BBC Two England, BBC News 24, BBC Four, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC Three, BBC One Northern Ireland and BBC Radio Cymru.
    All I get is rte1,rte2,tg4 and about 10 more that I already have !

DannyD wrote:
    All I get is rte1,rte2,tg4 and about 10 more that I already have !

Hi DannyD,

You must be doing something wrong along the way - the RTE channels are not even on that frequency.

All I can advise is to try again and make sure to follow each step very carefully.

Are you even getting to see a list of the BBC channels at all ?

As ITV1 and ITV2 are due to go Free To Air in the future, I thought it might be worth adding the current ITV frequencies for those who may wish to add some of them to their "Other Channels".

Remember they are not Free To Air at the time of writing and it may be a few months before they are viewable. But you may want to add a couple of them to your "Other Channels" and check them from time to time to see if they've become available. They can be stored now and the message will say "This programme is not available"

They can be added in the same way as described for the BBC channles on the first page of this thread.

10714H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Anglia TV South
    10714H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Anglia TV West
    10714H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Tyne Tees TV North
    10714H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Tyne Tees TV South

10758V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 London
    10758V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV2
    10758V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Granada TV
    10758V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Anglia TV North
    10758V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Central West

10832H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Central South
    10832H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Central East
    10832H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Wales
    10832H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 West
    10832H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Westcountry South
    10832H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Border TV North England

10891H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Border TV South Scotland
    10891H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Merdian TV South
    10891H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Merdian TV South East
    10891H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Merdian TV Sussex
    10891H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Merdian TV Thames Valley
    10891H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Yorkshire TV North
    10891H SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 Yorkshire TV East

10906V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - Channel TV
    10906V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - Grampian TV North East
    10906V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - Scottish TV West
    10906V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - Scottish TV East
    10906V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - Ulster TV
    10906V SR 22 FEC 5/6 - ITV1 London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Is that definite about ITV going free to view or is it a rumor ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

ITV2 working OK on UK Yellow House Freesat cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

rcunning03 wrote:
    Is that definite about ITV going free to view or is it a rumor ?
    definite

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just tried to add a couple of the ITV channels (London, Ulster etc) but not working.
    Anyone got any idea when i can get these with a sky digibox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

no idea

could be next week, could be next year. as soon as it happens i estimate it will be all over european satellite forums within 5 minutes of someone copping on that they are FTA

Advertisement