Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC goes FTA: Lobbying the minister.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sorry forgot to mention I can only get quad lnbs for sky minidishes no one seems to have twin output for this dish.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Tony, are your goods sold only via the web, or do you have a shop in Dublin?

Originally posted by carrolls
    Tony, are your goods sold only via the web, or do you have a shop in Dublin?

Sorry only via web as rates are too high to run a shop. If you want to you could arrange to collect an order though.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by parasite quoting someone else
    "Now people may say, if I can get UK services for free, why should I pay for digital terrestrial television?"
    Off-topic for the thread (or even the forum) but I was kind of hoping that at least the RTE channels would be free on any DTT service they might start (like the BBC (and more obviously) are free on UK Freeview. I wasn't really planning on ever paying for digital terrestrial television. They're, er, not thinking of charging everyone twice (TV licence & a sub) now are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

Originally posted by Tony
    Sorry only via web as rates are too high to run a shop. If you want to you could arrange to collect an order though.

Tony

Do you find that by including the GOD channel on the list of FTA channels on your website that it boosts sales?:D

Seriously, have FTA systems been "flying out the door" in the last few days?

Also do you think TESCO / LIDL / DIXONS or somebody like that will come out with a cheapo system <€100 at some stage?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by jister
    Do you find that by including the GOD channel on the list of FTA channels on your website that it boosts sales?:D

Seriously, have FTA systems been "flying out the door" in the last few days?

Also do you think TESCO / LIDL / DIXONS or somebody like that will come out with a cheapo system <€100 at some stage?

Well if i did not include it somebody would complain :D

Theres been a lot of interest but my holiday timing has screwed things up sales wise. The interesting thing was that a lot of calls came from people who had not considered satellite before now.

Tesco/lidl might do something but I really dont see them doing any quality product at less than the prices I'm doing, but who knows competition is always good.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Originally posted by West Briton
    The silence from my email inbox is deafening.

I haven't had the courtesy of a holding reply from the Department of Communications. If I don't get a reply by Friday this will be escalated.

I got a personal phone call from one of the Minister's secretaries this afternoon in reply to my letter to him complaining about the aleged approach by the minister to the BBC encouraging them to charge Irish viewers.

He told me that this is totally and utterly untrue. He said that this was some kind of scurrilous kite flying by IBEC and that the Minister has no such intention. He had a number of other interesting comments on the Gov's views and plans of Irish DTV but they're not relevant here

Phewwwwwww... relief :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Piliger
    He had a number of other interesting comments on the Gov's views and plans of Irish DTV but they're not relevant here

they would be relevant on the terrestrial or the broadcasting boards though. i'd be interested to hear what was said

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Un-sticky-ing this thread, it seems to have gone off the political and newspaper proprietors agenda.

Advertisement