Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Summer Beers

Options
  • 02-07-2003 11:55am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

its nearly half way thru the long summer and I know your are prob all missin Carlow sooo much!! or the people anyway!!
    So if people are up for it think we should have a Carlow summer beerfest!!
    I am sure we can find a weekend or a thursday night when everyones off,
    What yous think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

hmmmmm Carlowfestage
    or get everyone up from carlow to dublin for the sweet juice of life - as us dubs tend to be lazy bastards !
    *points at other dublin people*
    on other hand - carlow pubs actually good lol.
    well now that i'm a working [in theroy anyway] no objections :) Not as if i have many plans anyway apart from work - random pub, so change random pub from dublin.pub to carlow.pub
    a simple #include if you will
    let this be proof that i needs alcohol!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

If ya's organise it for a while away myself and Eoin can ask for that nite off!!! :D!

I'd say a Thursday...Karaoke in Dinnri is Very funny

Kate

Thursday kinda difficult since day after thursday is friday - which is work day lol... and travelling from carlow/dub etc is bad enough when there isn't work following day heh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ok the 2nd of August has been suggested as a good date:)
    It is a Saturday night and it gives people who work weekends long enough notice to book it off:)
    That suit people??

maybe ?
    presume so - but have no idea - with my busy life 'n all ;p
    mneh - guess that works
    I have been instructed to spam this thread - so far every second post mine - think that's good 'enuf spamming - not having monologue ... again - just makes me look bad lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

as there has been hardly any people on here recently will people who are ask the others if they wanna come?
    Theres a few takers so far well bout 5:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

i am completly and utterly broke and looking for a job, but i will try and make it.

ah kewl - yer back tom ?
    enjoy your time in Prague [I shall guess 'yes' since your broke ;) ]

ya could always exchange network cable/bits for beer - with the crowd thats going would prob work [hell i'd pay fer yer beer in exchange for cable - no idea why i want cable but random comp crap is kewl lol]

/me getting broken lcd monitor from work .... no idea how 'broken' tis ... can always be used to go *BOOM*
    :D

Sean hate to break it to you but the group in Carlow will be nothin on the geekiness scale compared to drinkin group here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm in colege down here (carlow).

The gaff I'm livin in, had a few chinese, but they pulled a legger, and the landlord ain't looking for anyone, so its nice. No 4, Hazelhatch, opposite the abondened shop, next to the traffic lights (the ones on the college side of Tesco).

The course I'm doing (cw888/IT Support) has Friday's off (Mon - Thur week), so I'm game if its on a Thursday nite, or if its a Saturday, as the rents a Monday - Monday week (as opposed to a Monday to Friday week).

So yeah, I'm game.

Also, Tom Tom, look on http://jobsearch.monster.ie/jobsearch.asp?brd=1&cy=IE&lid=955&fn=660&jt=3&q=&sort=rv&vw=d for a few 3 month contracts. Unless yer going to college in September, that is.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    Sean hate to break it to you but the group in Carlow will be nothin on the geekiness scale compared to drinkin group here!!

oh .. they will be...
    *takes out big ray gun of blue and red flashy lights*
    *evil laugh*

*some more evil laughing*

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Sinnocence
    *takes out big ray gun of blue and red flashy lights*
    *evil laugh*

*some more evil laughing*

cs6.jpg
    ...not not before I whip 2 Colt M4A1 Carbine's and blow yer smegin head off!

I hear a "mad house" will be set up nearby in September... *big mad evil grin*

It's now 17:33. I hope this place doesn't close till 6. Otherwise I'm in here till Monday :(
    Actually, wait a sec. I'll just raid the muchie machine down the hallway :)

Chillin'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I'll be here. I'll need several reminders between now and then as my memory is hardly what anyone would describe as good!

Oh don't worry - i'll spam boards to keep ya reminded & everyone else ... esp closer to the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

oh, sign me up,
    will get lulu and give spacedog a call as well, and we can all get really really reallly drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

like we need an excuse to get drunk.
    i'll see what my diary is like

burn the diary and use boards for all yer pissup info - presuming all your friends exist on boards that is lol

or ... forgot what yer other plans are, say u lost diary [keeping diary sounds gimpy anyhows], and just come to carlow pissup ?

has the concept of sarcasm not hit Dublin yet??
    as if i keep a diary.
    just have a diary in work so i don't forget what i have to do. happens alot.

yeah has ... but im currently running in safe mode ... need reboot - so all bar basic functions currently running
    /me start sarcasism service
    thar we go .... all becomes clear ;p

you have to /do/ things in work ?
    [apart from the obvious - spamming here ;) ]

had to build an online store for womens over sized shoes
    http://www.cinderellashoes.ie
    this is not an advert!!!

i'm now a womens shoe expert.
    i'm sure you are to Snowball. you probably worked in a womens shoe store before.

should be working now. but boss gone till after 5 and he won't know any different.

• Advertisement

fotflmao
    "large sized womens shoes"
    hahhaa - ok that good laugh - should put in humour section too :)

it got 6000 visits last week alone

damn thats a lot of large women [or ppl w/ large women shoe fetish]

either that or yer getting kids looking for fairy tale sites, and end up there - your mentally scarring today's youth ........ congrats

thats not hard.

its not shoes for fat women. its for women with large feet. from 8 and half to 12 and half. the owner is 6ft and size 9.

think about it. most models are about 6ft and have large feet.
    and the owner knows all the irish models

ok seriously though ......
    spam getting too much lol - whatever about other threads, but my conscience has escaped it's small boarded-up/padlocked room, and i've come to the realisation we have violated a beerahol related thread with .... urgh shoes for large feet of all feicin things.

yet again - how the hell did get from ... beer ... to diaries ... to large feeted-women ... actually, i don't want to know

i can talk about beer.
    wohoo, weekend is here. alcohol to be consumed.
    was at a BBQ last saturday nite and drank an enormous amount of JD and other things.
    i miss Scraggs, i know more barmen in Carlow than i do at home.
    Scraggs is more my local than anywhere in Tullamore

urgh don't like JD @ all - prefer Jameson - proper whiskey!
    and well guinness if 'tis good pint

Mordie what lovely long hair u have,is that pantene I smell....
    /me steals pooh bears honey and pours it all over the thread
    Can you stickify this threa for me please?? just so it doesnt get lost:)

Can anyone going to the this beerage please reply to this and say they are goin?pwweeaasseee:)

• Advertisement

dont ask
    ask people and they can say no - order, instruct, tell, command ;)

Advertisement