Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatcha Playing ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Stonekeep, a real old RPG that contains FMV sequences. Still, it's a bit of fun.

World Of Xeen, an even older RPG, but with simple and effective roleplaying in it.

ADOM. A shareware ASCII RPG, and possibly the most addictive RPG ever created. I implore you, download it, and waste even larger amounts of time at the screen! :)

Various levels of Thief II, simply because it's such a groovy game. The dock warehouse level is fabulous, as is the mask-nicking one near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

does anyone know when Shadows Of Undrentide for NWN is out? and would it really be worth getting DAOC?

27th of june. This friday :) Jubbly. Been looking forward to this for awhile

Currently playing

PC

Rise of nations - Already been introed

X-Box

Burnout 2 - mmm carnage :)

NBA Street - Nice little basketball game based on trick points etc. Creating your own team or character and playing through the street legend or tournament game is a god laugh

Damn LC has cut down on me game stocks, gonna have to make up for it in the nxt few weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

since I got my new PC all others have been neglected...

but here goes:

pc-

gta-vice city
    rise of nations
    battlefield 1942

xbox live-

rtcw
    motogp2

gc-

tiger woods

still to complete

gc- metroid, zelda (both US discs and gathering dust)
    xbox - morrowind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Cube :
    Zelda WW
    Resident Evil 0

Xbox
    RTCW
    Halo

PS2
    Silent Hill 3
    Anybody else notice theres a distinct lack of quality games coming out on ps2 lately?
    I got midnight club 2 for ps2 today and DAMN was i disappointed..f**king rockstar always put doctored pictures on the boxes to make their in game graphics look great, then you play it and it looks like crap, and its just not very good either. If tomb raider is out friday, ill probaly trade it for that or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

PC

- Red Alert 2

N64 :D

Mario Kart 64 (only multiplayer really though!)
    Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

I'm in the fire dungeon and last night I just couldn't figure out how to get by that room where the fire chases you across! Damn it!! I've done it before though so I'll do it again :) Don't say anything people :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Counter-Strike.Nothing can replace it.

On the PS2 Madden 2003 or GT3 , ya still.

Brilliant games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i got so sick of counter stike that at one stage it started giving me headaches, even a glimpse of de_dust would make me sick.
    will get back into it though, soonish

right now playing .

Need for speed hot pursuit 2
    ive unlocked around more than 20 cars already.(brilliant game)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

PC
    soul reaver 2 &
    severance - blade of darkness.

soul reaver 2 is just plain class, raziel is shaping up to be my fave video game character ever at the mo, i can't wait for LOK - Defiance.

not enough time to get into the 2 of them simultaneously so i'm just having sporadic bursts of sev every now & again...

i should be finally getting a new pc & cube next month... woo, i love burfdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Currently playing Gothic 2 like a madman!

My god, this game rules!
    Lives up to the original easily.
    Me too! What an excellent game, one of the best games I've ever played. :D

Boog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Started Zelda other day 16 hours into it (actually longer than any other game this year) and still have a bit to go (just completed Tower of Gods).

Superb game me likes it a lot.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Started Zelda other day 16 hours into it (actually longer than any other game this year) and still have a bit to go (just completed Tower of Gods).

Superb game me likes it a lot.

kdjac

surely courtosy of some top noch guy :)

solitare, god i hate work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yes your the bestest.

Tho that memoery card you gave me with it was possesed and kept losing games.
    Very annoying i demand you reimburse me for €5 :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

To the guy who was saying he was disapointed with "midknight club 2 " So was I , I think tis cack...heres what i say to you

BUT BURNOUT 2 !!! It is brilliant :) If you buy it and dont like it feel free to kick me in the ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

xbox live:

return to castle wolfenstein
    unreal championship

xbox:

halo
    silent hill 2
    return to castle wolfenstein
    the thing

pc:

counter strike
    day of defeat

Originally posted by bazH
    Currently playing some Quake1 : http://www.bootie.org/~landon/idg/quake.rar

with the fuhquake to make it all sexy: http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/quake/quakeworld/clients/fuhquake/win32/fuhquake-win32-v0.28.zip

Highly addictive
    jesus that's class, you've got me all addicted again. the mp3 player is a stroke of genius:)
    i feel a challenge coming on:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Finally decided to have another crack at Mafia... Really enjoying it this time around.

Class game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well at the moment i am still feeding my CS addcition, and then interspursted with this other game i got off tmna called the Thing. Stopped playing it now pretty much, cuz it was getting really repetitive. Also got back into GTA3 cuz i d/l that RealGTA mod, which is pretty sweet, so i been playing it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Clover how often do u play Counterstrike online does it absouluty waste ur cap, im looking to play games like at least 3 hours a day but sum more than others.

.....and from today

XBOX LIVE

Midtown Madness 3

PC

RavenShield

.......where am I going to find the time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Originally posted by Tusky
    BUT BURNOUT 2 !!! It is brilliant :) If you buy it and dont like it feel free to kick me in the ear

This game is absolutely class. Never before have I played a car game where the sense of speed is pratically pants wetting at times. Excellent stuff. Also, the replayability factor on this game is top notch. I highly recommend the two player playing while drunk mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Stormfox1020 , i'v used up 2.6g so far this month, the first 2 weeks i was playing alot of cs + dod ( 2 or 3 hours a day ) but then i got on the xbox live beta and i have been playing that every night ( 4 hours+ ) , a lot of surfing and watching movie traillers.

i have'nt been keeping track of the amount of cap i use playing lets say 2 hours of cs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Stormfox1020: I recommend CS Bigtime, as the CS Scene in ireland is currently trying to increase, it'll help. it's a very addictive/good game, fun most of the time for me, when u start off dont get too angry with getting headshotted a lot, try to play on the newbie servers or whatever, you wont really be too bad though if you have play other FPS games, as i've done myself, i've been playing CS since the beta's. still do, and on 56k. its amazing what you can do. :D

Originally posted by suppafly
    well at the moment i am still feeding my CS addcition, and then interspursted with this other game i got off tmna called the Thing. Stopped playing it now pretty much, cuz it was getting really repetitive. Also got back into GTA3 cuz i d/l that RealGTA mod, which is pretty sweet, so i been playing it again
    i assume you mean tman:rolleyes:

yeah, tis a fairly mediocre game, there's a shock every now & again to keep you interested but it gets fairly boring very quickly... might give it another lash now.

real gta runs like poo on my pc, it cuts at least 5 off the fps, which was already barely above double digits:(

fuh_quake
    omfg, i played through the first episode last night, i got so nostalgic...
    meeting a feind for the first time & crapping your pants, luring a knight onto an ogres grenade, meeting a shambler for the first time...
    it brought back so many sweet memories:)
    i'm seriously considering knocking gta3 off the top spot of my favourite games evah & replacing it with quake.

if someone fancies setting up a server one night i'd be well up for a dm/coop game

Counter strike looks ok but ill probably get it For Xbox live, due to it will take up les MB. My Fav Game Is BF1942, i like to play Mohaa and Wolf 2, oh and commandos 2 have to wait for Commandos 3 comes out tho in sept. I may bet Unreal Torny 2003

Believe me Storm, CS on the Xbox is a lot less fun than on a PC.. unless your pc is in bad shape if you know what i mean :)

Originally posted by BoobeR
    Believe me Storm, CS on the Xbox is a lot less fun than on a PC.. unless your pc is in bad shape if you know what i mean :)

Seeing as CS ain't even released yet for the XBOX that is a pretty powerful statement.....you know with your precognitive abilities and all.......

Anywho......just played Raven Shield fpr the last four hours .....and i is mightily impressed...

Midtown Madness 3 on LIVE barely got a look in.....

Yes but the joys of cs with a proper pc, comfortable controls and all the rest, is much better, and all your OWN setup. You know what i mean! and what lambars would have an XBOX LAN :p:D

Nah its nothing to do with my PC, cuz ive got P4 3Ghz, 1024DDram, GeForce4 TI 4800. Its purely just to save MB on my monthyl GB allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You gotta love America. Got a **** load of games and evangelion. You won't see me outdoors for the rest of the summer.

Advertisement