Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatcha Playing ?

Options
  • 21-06-2003 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

thought it might be good if we posted what we are currently playing
    ( doesnt have to be a new game once you are still playing it )
    and a lil bit about it - if your stuck for a game to buy could be handy !

seeing as I recently got my PS2 chiped it has received more attention than my Cube, GBA or PS2...

PS2

- Burnout 2 arcade racing at its best, super graphics,insane speeds and addictive gameplay

- Timesplitters 2 Good single player FPS, but mainly playing the challanges and super frantic multyplayer with bots

- Enter The Matrix Meh...what can I say..a bit **** but its the matrix ! :)

Gamecube

- Zelda+Metroid were last things I played on my luverly cube - I highly reccomend Metroid and to a lesser extent Zelda

PC

-Rise Of Nations Good RTS with lots of new ideas which work well , allthough in the end it does come down to build + rush as fast as you can on many occasions

-DAOC ( Dark Age Of Camelot ) Ive been pretty much playing this on and off since it came out, I can never fully give it up, if your looking for or are new to MMORPGS Id reccomend this - specially with SI exspansion pack

-Count0r Strike needs no introduction

now you go :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

in between finding things to max out my geforce fx 5900 ultra 256mb ( :D:D:D ) been playin:

ps2:
    Burnout 2
    Devil May Cry 2
    Tenchu 3
    Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

gba:
    Pokemon (HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Metroid Fusion
    Tony Hawk 4

pc:
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Enter The Matrix
    Freelancer
    Morrowind
    Neverwinter Nights
    Ghost Master
    Will Rock ( :D )

and various multiplayer games:
    Neverwinter Nights
    Soldier Of Fortune 2
    Counter-Strike
    Quake 3
    Return To Castle Wolfenstein
    Legend Of Mir
    Rubies Of Eventide

as you can see ive been busy :)

does anyone know when Shadows Of Undrentide for NWN is out? and would it really be worth getting DAOC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Aragorn
    Ghost Master
    is ghost master any good?
    stuck playing gta3 & soul reaver untill i can get a new gfx card sorted out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

and would it really be worth getting DAOC?

without the exspansion pack you could pick it up for under 20 euros and the first month is free, WARNING MMORPGS are imo the most addictive games around AND will suckup aLL of your time if you are nto carefull ! you will spend hours and hours playing em but....great fun

Ill give you a lil taste...

first you pick a realm...

1)Hibernia - Lush, Green, full of trees - home to Bogs and massive
    forrests

2)Midgard - Basically scandinavia , snow , forrestry , caves etc

3)Albion - Britain, Scotland etc hilly country side, some forests, its your average country :)

you pick a race and class - all different depending on realm, when you get to LVL 5 you pick a profession, from here on in you either solo or group with other characters and try to lvl to LVL 50 , you can join guilds just like any other mmorpg,

when you get to 50 you generally craft or RVR ( realm versus realm ) now this is what is really fun , as you can take keeps from opposing realms , keep raids involve loads of players and rams etc storming a keep which will most likely have people inside defending it....

but anyway, yes its worth geting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by Aragorn
    Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

When ur finished that go to the trading forum ill swap it for splinter cell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

ghost master's farely good. and as for tradin TTT, sorry wolf but i already have splinter cell for the pc and have no particular urge to get it for the ps2 aswell.

heh tusky ive had a decent bit of experience with MMORPG's unfortunately :( damn leeches....
    but anyway what does the expansion pack add to it? it sounds farely alright so i might pick it up soon. and when one gets to level 5, and picks a profession, are there many? i mean could i be a ranger? ww)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Ultima Online. 3 years, 6 months, 28 days. How time flies.
    Other than that Monkey Ball and Zelda take up most of my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

I finished Serious Sam, I'm currently in the middle of Serious Sam 2 and I plan to start Neverwinter Nights/ Planescape:Torment very very soon. In fact, right now.

Ooh and Warcraft III to get my juices flowing (nudgenudgewinkwinkfapfap) in time for the Frozen Throne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast mainly, had it for ages now but was waiting until I felt like playing it.
    Just finished Zelda WW on cube a few days ago.
    I'm still half playing Timesplitters 2 as well, trying to get 100%.
    Was playing imperium Galactica 2 on the PC a bit as well. and SWAT 3, picked them up cheap.

Been "saving up" stuff to play on the PC for when I upgrade sometime soonish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

zelda oot master quest
    still waiting to free up disk space so i can play gta:vc, iss3 and RoN

and when one gets to level 5, and picks a profession, are there many? i mean could i be a ranger?

yea loads of professions , when you pick your race you have to pick a class.....say "WAY OF ARMS" or "WAY OF MAGIC" then when you get to 5 you pick your profession , such as...."ranger" or "hero" or whatever..

heres a full list of the classes, the BOLD is the Class ( depending on your RACE you cant choose some classes )

Hibernia

the way of arms
    -Hero
    -Blademaster
    -Champion
    the way of magic
    -Enchanter
    -Mentalist
    -Eldritch
    The Way Of Nature
    -Druid
    -Warden
    -Bard
    The way of stealth
    -Ranger
    -Nightshade
    The way of the grove ( exspansion only)
    -Valewalker
    -Animist

Midgard

Viking
    -Warrior
    -Berserker
    -Thane
    -Skald
    -Savage ( only with exspansion )
    Mystic
    -Runemaster
    -Spiritmaster
    -Bonedancer ( only in exspansion )
    Seer
    -Healer
    -Shaman
    Rouge
    -Hunter
    -Shadowblade

Albion

Fighter
    -Armsman
    -Mercinary
    -Paladin
    -Reaver ( only in exspansion )
    Mage
    -Sorcerer
    -Cabalist
    Elementalist
    -Wizard
    -Theurgist
    Acolyte
    -Cleric
    -Friar
    Rouge
    -Scout
    -Infiltrator
    -Minstrel
    Disciple ( only in exspansion )
    -Necromancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Im playing Front Mission 3 for the PS1 at the moment, this game has insane playtime. Two seperate stories that clock in at about 50 hours each.

Once that's out of the way I plan to get the rest of the endings for Silent Hill 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

PS2:
    Final Fantasy X
    Devil May Cry
    Pro Ev 2

PC:
    Vice City (still trying to get 100%)
    GTA3 (well as soon as the download of realgta3 is completed I'll start playing it again.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Since i got my cube last week Zelda has been taking up most waking hours and most hours i should be sleeping. in between zelda, work and eating ive also managed to squeeze a good 10 hours out of Parasite Eve, about 10% of Starfox Adventures and enough DoDonPachi to make most normal peoples eyes bleed. im also thinking of giving Kingdom Hearts another chance because i really wanted to like it but the sacharine of the disney just made me want to vomit.
    I also managed to pick up Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness and Waverace: Blue Storm for 60 quid today so they have been taken for a spin today to.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

PC:

Real GTA3.
    GTA3:MTA.
    Unreal 2.
    "COUNTAR STRIEK"
    Devastation (bah crap0r :rolleyes:)
    Splinter Cell
    Max Payne: Matrix Reality
    Rallisport Challenge
    (on monday: gta:vc, enter the matrix)
    GTA3 (well as soon as the download of realgta3 is completed I'll start playing it again.)
    .. oh yes you will indeed.. g0e Yakuza Toyota Supra / Dodge Viper GTS !!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

nice 1 tusky, what server on daoc do you play? i'm kinda simi-quit the game but play occasionally on percivel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Currently playing Gothic 2 like a madman!

My god, this game rules!
    Lives up to the original easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mavedic

Halo on the xbox - very slick, pretty game. Keeps me away from my bed way too much!
    Zelda on the gamecube.... very addictive, but annoying at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Vice City on me PC - finished the main storyline yesterday. The playstation has been lying idle for ages now, besides when its used for playing DVD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by BoobeR
    .. oh yes you will indeed.. g0e Yakuza Toyota Supra / Dodge Viper GTS !!!:D

The Supra is waaaaaaaaay too fast.
    And jesus the cars dont handle all that well. I nearly flip them on every corner. This is gonna take practice.

nice 1 tusky, what server on daoc do you play? i'm kinda simi-quit the game but play occasionally on percivel

Excaliber-

-"Tusk" 50 Celt Hero - *retired*
    -"Rosei" 46 Celt Warden - *retired*
    -"Komodo" 24 Lurikeen Ranger - *retired*
    -"Gecko" 24 Lurikeen Ranger - *retired*
    -"Laylanna" 24 Eld Eldritch - *retired*
    -"Tharn" 50 Norseman Thane - *retired*

-"Ember" 15 Elf Eldritch

the retired ones mean they were sold, i probly had more but cant remember them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Originally posted by Tusky
    Excaliber-

-"Tusk" 50 Celt Hero - *retired*
    -"Rosei" 46 Celt Warden - *retired*

MEATSHIELDS!!!!! hehe
    My character is an eldie :) have a couple of others but i didn't play em, left friends use the account etc... Eldies rock, i like making things go boom!!!!! from a great distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sold me pcs so no SF2 for a while or anything PC related.
    Bought a Cube and now on (in order of playtime)

Mario (superb game dunno how noone else likes it)
    Iss3 (tis ISS what more can be said)
    Def Jam Vencrappa (wife likes it ,me awaits Soul Caliber 2)
    Timesplitters 2 (super FPS )
    Zelda (not until Mario is cleared bought the cube for this and havent played it yet weird)
    Burnout (tis fun fun fun )
    Pikmin
    Smash Bros

In Q (read bro hasnt lent me them yet)
    Metroid
    Eternal Darkness

In Post
    Warios World

On Order
    Soul Caliber 2

Now with about 5 hours playtime a week i hope to finish them all.
    As you can tell as most of the games im playing are ones i can turn on an instantly play ,Sprite hunting ,quick match , quick stomping on wife, quick race or shottie shootie ,TS 2 is a bit easy only played it 3 or 4 times and half way tru on hard.
    or if someone would like to adopt a few kids i can get playing :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

PC-
    Fallout 2 - Got it yesterday for 3.99! Pretty good. A little too non-linear for me.
    Old snes rpg's - Best console for rpg's imho
    Hidden & Dangerous - reinstalled this, forgot how good it can be

GBA -
    Golden Sun: The lost age - Not as good as the first golden sun but still good.(Got it on import from mr. calculator btw, not out here yet)
    Breath of fire - Pretty ****e by today's standards. Awful script.
    Street fighter alpha 3 - Absolutely amazing on the gba. I've always been a street fighter fan.

I dont have any of the new consoles. I play a bit pf halo at a friends and some smash bros. at another friends house. Both very good.

Mario (superb game dunno how noone else likes it)

what you on ab00t, Mario is a v.popular game !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm going up against the sheer AI terror of Realbot in Counter-strike until I'm good enough for humans to tolerate the sheer badness of my skilz.

Also I'm reliving my teens by playing Sim City on my beautiful Sony Clié, which I love.

And that's about it at the moment. Keep meaning to finish GTA3 and Freelancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by Mills
    Was playing imperium Galactica 2 on the PC a bit as well. and SWAT 3, picked them up cheap.
    SWAT3 is such a good game, Rich. Been playing it for the last weeks but I'm stuck on the sewer level, it's rock hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Just got a lend of Tony Hawk's 4 the other day for my Cube. Good fun. Having the odd game of CS too. Never got around to buying Zelda must get it when I start working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ps2 - Vice City

Was playing this a week back

Pc - Xmen2 , wolverines revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Cube: Capcom vs SNK 2

GBA: Mario Kart

PC: Vice city
    Counter- Strike

:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have about 25 console games waiting to be played but I'll only go into what I'm playing at the moment:

PS2/PS1

Suikoden 2
    GTA3
    Final Fantasy Tactics (I'll beat it, someday)

GBA

Pokemon yellow.

GC

Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Ikaruga

PC

Nothing since there isn't much out yet and I've given up on 56k CS.

I'm off to america to pick up Grandia Xtreme, Suikoden 3 and Xenosaga. Thats tomorrow. So no only intermittent retrogamer comments from now on.

Advertisement