Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live premiership soccer 3pm Sat on Irish terrestrial

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

isn't it only the French Canal+ that decrypts every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Canal Plus Holland is a subscription service like Sky. Like Sky, they also carry the national terrestrial channels. The terrestrials are available on an FTV scheme, which costs 15 euros per year. One of these terrestrial channels, RTL5, carried the Sunday and mid-week Sky matches last year, but I'm not sure what the situation is for the up and coming season.

I've never watched them on satellite, because I get these terrestrial channels for free on Dutch cable anyway, but I know some Dutch people in Spain who use their Dutch FTV cards to watch Dutch telly. Then there's the Brits down there all watching Sky as well. Spanish televsion must be really bad. :D

attrocious would be a good word. the weather is good down there anyway so there is no need to be inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr.M

Originally posted by byte
    Is C+ Holland FTA?

the channel that shows the football(c+ blauw) is encrypted in irdeto1 and seca2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonJammer

RTE don't care about home products, not only did they shun the Eircom League when they had it but they're even refusing to broadcast Bohemians V Rosenborg in the champions league, an absolutley huge match, and I'd much rather watch that than Celtics six goal 'thrillers' against Hibs that they had on. For christs sake, Sky Sports News have given about 1,000 times more coverage to the Irish league then our very own RTE this year.

Sure, pre Jack Charlton, they wouldn't even show too many Irish international matches, I don't see any reason why they'll stop now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 carryo

Does this mean that we can look forward to 3pm kick-offs again at Old Traford? Practically every Saturday home-game was a 12:15 kick-off. I'm so fed-up with getting up so early on Saturday's and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Um, thats because TV3 have the rights to show live games of the eircom League. Hence Eircom League Weekly every Monday night. This is a remnant of the hotly contested Sky/TV3 deal.

RTÉ will show the semi finals and final of the FAI Cup. If you have a problem with the coverage, complain to the rights holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

DMC, while TV3 have rights to the eircom league, neither RTE nor TV3 have attempted to buy the rights to the CL qualifier on Wednesday - Bohemians Vs Rosenburg. Our best hope of seeing this live is if Eurosport take it (ironically, the match is being produced for TV - so that the Norwegians get to see it at home).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I can just imagine a meeting between the RTÉ and TV3 about this one... "I thought you were showing it" "No, you have the rights to that, I thought you were showing it!"

Yes, the two stations are equally to blame, both are as retarded as the other with this in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Andy Mc

The bids for the Premiership soccer contract at 3pm on Sat on Irish TV for the 2004/5 season onwards are in but does anyone know or care to speculate who has bid for the lucrative contract. I don't think it would be too expensive beacause you are basically talking about the 5th choice game and the audience is obviously only the Rep Ireland.

Andy Mc

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Andy Mc
    The bids for the Premiership soccer contract at 3pm on Sat on Irish TV for the 2004/5 season onwards are in

so does that mean at least 1 bid has been put in. i wouldn't care who got it as long as it isn't on PPV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭zepp

perphaps satanta have, they have pay per view Gaelic champsionship coverage in england 9 euro for last sundays matchs and also do celtic matchs.there probably registered as an irish company

it is possible seeing as they are based in Dublin. that wouldn't make a difference though. all that matters is that the games would be shown in the ROI only

Advertisement