Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetoo social media allegations against famous singer

Options

Comments

I think the music industry has got off lightly - there’s over 60 years of drugs sex and rock n roll at this stage- I’m actually surprised more stories haven’t come out compared to say TV presenters and actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Stupid clickbait title

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

When you go out with a man 18 years older who acts like marilyn manson, I would not expect to have power over the situation. In a shocking revelation he turned out to be manipulative!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Whether he is innocent or guilty etc Think this might a bit different to some other social media driven accusations of abuse as AFAIK she already did try bring a case against him ages and ages ago but it didn't proceed.
    As in she was accusing him of this before Instagram and #metoo was even a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sounds like a case of seriously tainted love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭buried

We seem to be living in an age of allegations against famous people. Some allegations could be true, some could be complete fabrications. One thing is certain, the longer this age of allegation keeps up, the cult of fame and celebrity is totally finished. Which is great.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Ex fiancé?!? They were engaged!!!
    I’m sorry I don’t believe her allegations.
    Could she just **** off and stop Wasting our time!

Metoo is over since Biden was accused..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Instagram is not the place for allegations. I feel sorry for her if it is true but go to the police not Instagram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Gatling wrote: »
    Sounds like a case of seriouly tainted love

Least if he's locked up he can blow himself.

Allegedly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So that clean-cut boy next door image was all an act

shocking:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hardly the first allegation against Manson and doesn't surprise me at all tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Instagram is not the place for allegations. I feel sorry for her if it is true but go to the police not Instagram.

This.

I would struggle to entertain the mental state, and thus reliability, of anybody who thought it was a good idea to marry this lad as a teenager.

Actually I'd have doubts to anybody in the 21st century who wants to get married below the age of at least 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There was a story recently but it was reported that the person was charged on social media with commiting a crime ,

Social media is not a court ,nor is social media the police the victims should be going to the authorities with these claims ,
    I'll support victims but not through social media ,it's nothing more of a circus ,she gave evidence to the senate

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

From The Wonder Years to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This.

I would struggle to entertain the mental state, and thus reliability, of anybody who thought it was a good idea to marry this lad as a teenager.

Actually I'd have doubts to anybody in the 21st century who wants to get married below the age of at least 27.

Isn't that the claim of her post?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Some of the post on this thread are shameful.

She has given very personal and distressing evidence to US Congress and California Senate on sexual abuse she received without naming the perpetrator until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sibersha

It's always the ones you least suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

He's responded. It's hard to know what to believe really, but accusations on Instagram never sat well with me. I'm surprised that Harvey Weinstein ever got a custodial sentence with all the stuff that was flying around on social media.

I'd love to know what Rose McGowan has to say about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why do people confuse Brian Warner for Josh Saviano, they look nothing alike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can’t stand the pr1ck

Hope he gets a long prison sentence

Absolute dog sh1te music too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Well, this 1998 song by Manson certainly gives you an insight into his attitude to sex and relationships...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Lillyfae wrote: »
    He's responded. It's hard to know what to believe really, but accusations on Instagram never sat well with me. I'm surprised that Harvey Weinstein ever got a custodial sentence with all the stuff that was flying around on social media.

She's said he was never like this while they were together, but that's not to say he wasn't before or after they were together. Fair enough.

This just confirms what has been suspected for the last 3 years, the social media outrage will die down. He's been a piece of sheet for an awful long time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Is there any evidence?

Lillyfae wrote: »

Be gentle?

He said in his statement that his intimate relationships have always been consensual with like-minded people.

People get their kicks in many weird and wonderful ways and I'd usually not be one to judge but anyone who gets their kicks by causing pain or suffering to another person is scum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Not a fan of his music but he seemed to be quite level headed in real life in his appearance in that Bowling for Columbine documentary a while back. The number of allegations from different women makes it look like Evan Rachel Wood is being honest about her allegations. People say where is the evidence but I'm not sure what evidence you can have of domestic abuse if the abuse is not bad enough to have the women end up in the Emergency room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Not a fan of his music but he seemed to be quite level headed in real life in his appearance in that Bowling for Columbine documentary a while back. The number of allegations from different women makes it look like Evan Rachel Wood is being honest about her allegations. People say where is the evidence but I'm not sure what evidence you can have of domestic abuse if the abuse is not bad enough to have the women end up in the Emergency room.

Is there any evidence or just allegations?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Around the late 90//early 2000s was fairly common even in rural parts to see teenagers wearing t shirts etc of Marilyn Manson. Kind of goth scene. You’d see them sold at markets and dodgy shops - knock offs, not official merchandise. Usually you’d have a choice of oasis, nirvana, Eminem, and..... marilyn Manson for some reason

I always thought there was something iffy about him and his fans. and on top of that his music was so so bad.

• Advertisement

The issue for me is whether someone can consent to being in an abusive relationship. It seems blatantly obvious that if you choose to date Marilyn Manson it's going to be an unhealthy relationship with elements of sadomasochism, occultism, drug use etc.

Advertisement