Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Werewolf game - Players choice

Options
  • 02-01-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

With the new year in full swing, its my job as game mod to welcome you to the first Werewolf game of 2021.

New year means new changes, so instead of me picking what game you guys want, I shall give you a selection of themes to choose from. There will be some rules implemented in this game, such as a closed night phase.

The Game will commence on 24 Jan 2021 and this poll is to gauge what theme you wish to play, as well as what style of game people fancy.

We have 4 options, they are :

Arrested Development - Role Madness : Based on the critically acclaimed but constantly cancelled TV show. Each player will have a role but the game wont be as complex as other role madness games as roles will be light rather than ultra powerful.

Terminator : Based on one of the greatest movies of all time, this will be a fairly vanilla game a few roles added. There will be a brand new game mechanic but nothing complicated.

Saw 2 : Its been 1 year since I ran the first Saw game, so its a nice chance to add a sequel on its anniversary. The Saw game was mostly vanilla with fun games and booby traps present to spice things up.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Larry vs Hollywood - A pure vanilla game with the theme of Curbed adding the flavor.

All games will be fairly easy for new players to join in and I will ensure new players will be easily accommodated.

Which themes appeal to you (you may choose more than 1 or all if you please) 16 votes

Arrested Development - (Role Madness Lite)
    62% 10 votes
    Terminator Saga
    0% 0 votes
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    25% 4 votes
    Saw Part II
    12% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Voted Saw Part 2 - not 100% sure if I'm around for it as I'll have to wait and see what work is like but saw 2 theme sounds like fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Rikand wrote: »
    Voted Saw Part 2 - not 100% sure if I'm around for it as I'll have to wait and see what work is like but saw 2 theme sounds like fun :)

The date is far from set in stone as Im fairly flexible.

Im in discussions with Mods about what date suits best.

Check out the Saw 1 game for a feel of whats on offer.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042847

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Voted Terminator but honestly any of them look good to me beaker

Rikand wrote: »

Its Jan 24th if you fancy it. (after a chat with Mods)

It feels like a decade since I last played Werewolf.

I'd probably lean towards Terminator but I'd be happy with any of them. Saw 1 was great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Being Pisces, I voted all of them because all sound good. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The date is far from set in stone as Im fairly flexible.

Im in discussions with Mods about what date suits best.

Check out the Saw 1 game for a feel of whats on offer.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058042847

I was Oj Simpson in that game - fun game until necro went and spoiled it by doing something stupid like peek me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Voted Terminator cause I’m a sucker for anything in that franchise. The vanilla aspect is appealing as it’s my first game back in a while and I’m intrigued by the new game mechanic.

Players list

1. Necro
    2. Rikand
    3. LoughC
    4. Khalessi
    5. Hello 2D Person Below

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

icecream-vanilla.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I hope to be able to play, it depends on what comes up in work really.

So you can put me down as a possible/sub maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

In aswell

Trigger wrote: »
    I hope to be able to play, it depends on what comes up in work really.

So you can put me down as a possible/sub maybe?

I shall keep you in mind when 24 Jan comes and we can talk closer to there.

Appreciate the interest Triggs.

tusk wrote: »
    icecream-vanilla.gif

Parks and Rec aint an option. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,549 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I'd like to play please. Don't know any of the films/programmes so i don't mind which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I'll play but I have zero time during the day.

So no contributions until 6pm. Post count limits will help with this.
    I can't do lunchtime competitions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

I'd be in. God help me!

Don't know the themes so well, except for Saw, which scares the crap out of me. So voted for Curb Your Enthusiasm, as that's a nice and happy way to kill your fellow boards members. I think..

Clarabel wrote: »
    I'll play but I have zero time during the day.

So no contributions until 6pm. Post count limits will help with this.
    I can't do lunchtime competitions

With post count limits, hopefully you wont have loads to read up on when 6 bells comes.

Lunchtime competitions are optional and prizes will vary, so you dont need to be around for them.

A tentative OP will be up in 1 week, which aims to give players a feel of what to expect come gametime. This OP will outline the game, roles and I aim to have everything transparent, so no secrets come gametime. Every player will have an idea of what to expect, esp new ones.

SnowyMay wrote: »
    I'd be in. God help me!

Don't know the themes so well, except for Saw, which scares the crap out of me. So voted for Curb Your Enthusiasm, as that's a nice and happy way to kill your fellow boards members. I think..
    I'd like to play please. Don't know any of the films/programmes so i don't mind which one.

I get that many players wont know all themes, but I was sure everyone would have known Arnie and his killer/protective robot from the future. Stunned.

Kids today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Im get that many players wont know all themes, but I was sure everyone would have known Arnie and his killer/protective robot from the future. Stunned.

Kids today.

I know of him.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I get that many players wont know all themes, but I was sure everyone would have known Arnie and his killer/protective robot from the future. Stunned.

Kids today.

Kids! You couldn't be more wrong where i am concerned. I know most people find this really strange but i don't like television at all and films very little. I don't even have a television. There you go, outed myself as the dry ****e i am.

Current Player list

1. Necro
    2. Rikand
    3. LoughC
    4. Khalessi
    5. Hello 2D Person Below
    6. Tusk
    7. JP Liz V1
    8. Duffman13
    9. KathleenGrant
    10. Snowmay.
    11. Clarabel

Sub. 1. Trigger

I shall confirm each players attendance with a PM a few days prior to 24th Jan.

Terminator seems like a winner thus far, so if things don't change dramatically that will be our theme.

a draft OP will be posted in the coming days so folks can see the game outline and ask any questions they may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

YUP

With a handy lead, Im gonna call this and confirm Terminator as our theme for Jans game.

New sign up sheet here (dont worry, all previously signed up players are included)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115814111#post115814111

Advertisement