Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf: SAW - Gamethread

• 04-01-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

WELCOME TO SAW WEREWOLF
    saw_logo_2.gif

Our story opens in a poorly lit warehouse. Light is extremely dim in this location until giant spotlights are activated. As the room is illuminated, we can see 21 individuals on the floor looking groggy and stunned. These men and women slowly rise to their feet and look around puzzled at their surroundings. Anger, shock and confusion are the emotions which are visble on their faces. No one knows how they arrived in this large, yet flithy warehouse and they quickly begins to realise who each other are.......everyone has in some way been famous. Everyone appears to know each other from some celebrity circles. In this group we see the following people.
    1. Tiger Woods
    2. OJ Simpson
    3. Regina Doherty
    4. Kevin Spacey
    5. Gary Glitter
    6. Winona Ryder
    7. Bobby Brown
    8. Paddy Jackson
    9. Boris Johnson
    10. Ryan Tubridy
    11. Bertie Ahern
    12. Mackauly Culkin
    13. Chris Brown
    14. Oscar Pistorius
    15. Conor McGregor
    16. R. Kelly
    17. Harvey Weinstein
    18. John Terry
    19. Matthew Broderick
    20. Charlie Sheen
    21. Kobe Bryant

(PLEASE NOTE ALL ROLES HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED RANDOMLY. Character names are flavour only, and not in any way indicative of alignment. )

Panic begins to set in and tensions begin to escalate. Suddenly, just as the crowd of famous individuals get violent with each other, a large screen descends from the rafters of the warehouse and a message begins to play. A figure appears.
    Hello, Happy Near Year to you all. You are all probably wondering why you are here. Allow me to explain. First things first, where are my manners. Allow me to introduce myself...... I am Jigsaw.

screenshot-2014-10-16-at-13-36-31-new-saw-movie-confirmed-we-need-your-sick-ideas-png-153554.jpg

Each of you are members of the celebrity world. Fame and Fortune has fueled your life and career, and you have profited from being in the public eye.

Yet each of you have allowed your fame and fortune to pioson the lives of others. You all have abused your power in some shape or form and as a result you have hurt others around you. All of you have sinned in some way and each of you have avoided true punishment for your crimes. While the justice system of this world has failed your victims, I shall take a different approach.

Each of you have the chance to do some good in here. You will be given choices over the coming week and if you chose the right options you may leave here with your life. But you are all selfish people and you will need to change your ways to survive. You all have the chance to redeem yourselves, which of you will take the opportunity I have provided.

Each of you have a piece of paper in your pocket. Reach in and see your role in my game. Kept your role to yourself.

Some of you have been given evil roles in my game and the others have good roles. The Evil roles will try eliminate others once per day until only the evil remain while blending in with the good roles. The good roles will have to work as a team to survive, voting amoungst themselves each night at 9pm to kill one of their own.

But both evils and good need to beware my game. Each action may have a consequence. Morals will be tested, selfishness will be frowned upon and selflessness may be rewearded.

The choices you make will decide you destiny.

Live or die..... Kill or be killed.....the choice is yours.

The message ends and those in the warehouse check their pockets to reveal their role in the sick game. The roles are a mystery to everyone.....who is good....who is evil?

More importantly..... who will be killed and who will survive?!

Suddenly the screen suspended above changes to a countdown..... one of the players works out that the countdown will end at 9:59am on Monday.

As the players look around they notice their is no ways out despite being numberous doors. Each door is locked and the players have nothing to do except talk until the countdown reaches zero.

Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. If you have any questions, please PM the mod (beakerjoe), and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. Screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are NOT permitted. If you are unsure about what you want to say crosses the line, PM a mod.

3. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread with 10 posts being the minimum per day; and always remember to try to get a vote in. In the case of a tie vote, the last vote will carry the lynch. All players who are mod killed will be replaced if possible, but this decision will be made on a case by case basis. If you wish to be subbed, please PM the mods.

4. Game schedule: The game thread will open on Sunday the 5th of Jan between 12pm and 4pm.

5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened at 10am each day and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.

7. Players are free to post in the thread until the lynch and eliminations are announced. You are not eliminated until a post in the game thread from the mods announces it. Once you are eliminated, please don't post in the game thread or in COP (outside of the deadroom) again. Eliminated players are also asked to not to thank any posts in the game thread after they have died. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. Please PM a mod for access, although we will endeavor to have it arranged automatically upon your death.

8. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Baggly/Quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

10. Win Conditions: Village wins if all evils are killed. Evils win if they equal parity with the village.

11. Have fun guys, we encourage fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such.

Not a rule but important for our community. We have new players perhaps watching this game, so please make them feel welcome in the forum by behaving respectfully with your fellow players. If anyone new is reading this, we have a glossary of terms and acronyms, as well as this beginner’s guide, which is available to all within the werewolf sub forum.

Player List:
    1. Steve
    2. Phil
    3. Nigel
    4. Senan
    5. Jake
    6. Lucy
    7. Angus
    8. Conor
    9. Abigail
    10. Holly
    11. Patrick
    12. Wendy
    13. Derry
    14. Vernon
    15. Orla
    16. Barbara
    17. Emily
    18. Isla
    19. Frank
    20. Doris
    21. Katie

Updated Win Conditions

For the goodies to win they simply have to kill all the baddies..... simples. When the last baddie dies, the village wins.

For the baddies to win they have to ensure the other evil side is dead and gain parity of the numbers to win with the village.

Yes! There is more than 1 evil team!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NO POSTING UNTIL I ANNOUNCE THE GAME BEGINING TOMORROW BETWEEN 12PM AND 4PM.

PMs have been issued. Any issues, please PM me.

Lynch form will open at 10am tomorrow.

GAME THREAD IS OPEN.........LET THE GAME BEGIN

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

So first in always gets lynched but you'd be wrong this time, hello all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Derry WW wrote: »

I’m already sick of your sh*t Derry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Hallo everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Hello folks

Lucy WW wrote: »
    I’m already sick of your sh*t Derry.

Not nice. Numero Uno on my #FFA

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Derry WW wrote: »

image.gif

wait a second, I thought it was first is always a wolf, not gets lynched. Hmm...

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Are you trying to get lynched?

Hi all!
    Never been an Orla.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Conor WW wrote: »

Hallo everyone :)

Task

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    image.gif

wait a second, I thought it was first is always a wolf, not gets lynched. Hmm...

giphy.gif

You lynch a person to find out if they are a wolf! You just made #2 on #FFA for such a basic mistake.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Task

Selflessness may be rewarded, selfishness may be punished. Keep your roles to yourself. Main things I've got from the OP.

*waves* :)

Fastest ever Baggly award?

7c0841d362cff23b928eb7c7067ca4b7f95f53f5e10839b903d54d2b2abf27c7.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=14768043

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Put some clothes on!

No nakedness allowed......

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Who here doesn't have a bank account?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Who here doesn't have a bank account?

Hi Bertie

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

S’up y’all!

So, game is sticking to recent tradition and we need to figure out what we’re up against. What do we reckon, 4 wolves plus SK as a starting premise?

Isla WW wrote: »
    So, game is sticking to recent tradition and we need to figure out what we’re up against. What do we reckon, 4 wolves plus SK as a starting premise?

OP has only two win cons
    10. Win Conditions: Village wins if all evils are killed. Evils win if they equal parity with the village.

So no SK imo unless you count Jigsaw :D

OP has only two win cons

So no SK imo unless you count Jigsaw :D

Yeah makes sense.4-5 wolves so?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Yeah makes sense.4-5 wolves so?

Probably yeah

From recent games 1/4 seems to be the average

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I'd be inclined to think closer to 4, possibly even only 3. Given the nature of the game (SAW) there could be a few random deaths and 5 wolves could gain parity quite quickly. What would they need, 5/6 kills, and considering the village will most likely lynch a couple ourselves...

(PLEASE NOTE ALL ROLES HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED RANDOMLY. Character names are flavour only, and not in any way indicative of alignment. )

I'm still going to be suspicious of Mackauly Culkin in a SAW themed game but this should at least lead to people having some fun with their characters. Gonna be weird if some of those names end up as goodies though

Katie WW wrote: »
    I'm still going to be suspicious of Mackauly Culkin in a SAW themed game but this should at least lead to people having some fun with their characters. Gonna be weird if some of those names end up as goodies though

Why, specifically Macaulay Culkin? Why not say, R. Kelly or Oscar Pistorious or even the man of 1000 schnozzes Tubridy

• Advertisement

Why, specifically Macaulay Culkin? Why not say, R. Kelly or Oscar Pistorious or even the man of 1000 schnozzes Tubridy

Guess you've never heard the theory that the kid from Home Alone grew up to be Jigsaw movie theory :)

5hlk.gif

Advertisement