Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 week Home based fitness regime

Options
  • 12-03-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Any recources on this. Im.looking for an online programme. Home based maybe with a bottle of water or something. Some video to look at while doing things like squats etc. To get a bit of strength. Any cool fitness fanatics out there who can guide me. Will also be doing walking and cycling. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Bottle of water isn't going to provide enough resistance.

Just do basic bodyweight exercises: push-ups, squats, lunges, sit-ups, etc.
    Also worth investing in either resistance bands or TRX straps for doing rows.

Loads of free resources online for how to do the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Can you recommend one?

Do a youtube search on "convict conditioning". Seriously :) Bodyweight exercises in a confined space Just pick the least annoying youtuber, throw a pull up bar into the mix and you're really sorted!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Great idea for a thread was pondering as well.

Metafit stuff seems popular

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

bluewolf wrote: »
    Great idea for a thread was pondering as well.

Metafit stuff seems popular
    Here you go lads - 8 of my top workouts, videos attached and all you need is a band

https://mailchi.mp/e5945b84e087/8-great-workouts-for-while-you-are-on-holidays?e=f79cfdedd1

Hope you can all read that ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Took a trip down to D8 Fitness at lunchtime. Had to get some mini bands to do some work to strengthen some hip muscles that have been out of action in different planes for a while.

Got some other bands for doing some other work at home, like rows and replacement red band for shoulder work.

Currently at a standing desk marching in slow-mo with a blue mini band around my feet...

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

I use the Nike Training app on my phone. Has a variety of workouts you can do in a small space, with various levels and equipment requirements.

Do a mix of cardio and strength workouts and it works well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Wesser wrote: »
    Can you recommend one?

A fun one I used to do is the Deck of Cards Workout.

Assign an exercise to each suit. E.g.:

Diamonds - Push-Ups
    Clubs - Squat
    Hearts - Row
    Spades - Sit-Ups

Flip a card and the number is the reps you do. Go through the full deck, or as far as you can (best to set a time cap).

E.g. 5 of Clubs = 5 squats, 3 of Diamonds = 3 push-ups

Just make sure you shuffle the deck really well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

All you need is a stairs and you have a great workout, made this video, put it to use folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Tried this today, no equipment required.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ioyffaR6Y

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm loath to spend money with SportsDirect but tempted to buy these resistance bands with door anchor and handles. Amazon etc. have delivery times into April for anything similar. Have very little spare room in my house for equipment. Any thoughts?

506025.PNG
    https://ie.sportsdirect.com/ptp-total-rest-system-762070#colcode=76207090

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Try the Argos ones, if they are no good it’s easy to take them back

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8036124/Trail/searchtext%3EResistance+bands.htm

Sweet, thank you. No waiting for delivery and no money to Mike Ashley. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Im so sad tbh only after getting into the gym 6 weeks ago and this happens lol. Not being serious but it was helping me with mental illness a lot !!

I'm self isolating since Saturday and finally have a bit of breathe back so went around my garden for a 20 minute walk and did a 12 min kettlebell upper and lower body workout so hopefully will help me with fat loss during this troubling time

I have no clue what I do in the gym even helps with fat loss. I do 30 mins cardio 3 days a week with 20 mins strength so when this is all over I plan to buckle down and get fit to join tennis in July which I used to be unreal at !

Stay safe lads :)

Advertisement