Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2020, 22:03   #1
FunkSoulSista

HSE redeployment of staff Coronavirus

Has anyone working in the HSE heard anything about the plans to redeploy staff in relation to Covid-19 support?
Advertisement
11-03-2020, 22:10   #2
touts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSoulSista View Post
Has anyone working in the HSE heard anything about the plans to redeploy staff in relation to Covid-19 support?
It will happen. This is the biggest health crisis in the history of the state. Both front line and admin staff will have to be redeployed from what they are currently working on to this crisis. If the unions object or look for more money etc then public opinion will quickly turn savagely against them.
11-03-2020, 22:10   #3
Addle

I haven’t heard it with hse staff, but I have heard it proposed with dept social and family affairs staff.
Thanks from:
11-03-2020, 22:11   #4
physioman

Only redeployment so far is admin staff to man call centres.
Thanks from:
11-03-2020, 22:12   #5
Augeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by touts View Post
..... If the unions object or look for more money etc then public opinion will quickly turn savagely against them.
They'll undoubtedly look for some compensation.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2020, 22:15   #6
ThewhiteJesus

There is plans in place and people ready to be redeployed, not many though so maybe one per office(admin only)
Thanks from:
11-03-2020, 22:18   #7
alibab

Yes i have heard off this but not in a negative way more so that if frontline staff etc are at risk that they be identified and moved positions of less risk ie if have serious underlying illnesses. No issues with unions etc as health care workers will do what’s needs to be done etc and will work together. If redeployment is needed for frontline workers there will be no issues, I can’t speak for clerical etc but from what I have seen I am sure there may be issues
Thanks from:
11-03-2020, 22:38   #8
FunkSoulSista

Work in admin myself and would be more than happy to help out where needed. I filled out a form detailing my workload/priorities.
Thanks from:
11-03-2020, 22:45   #9
Ki ki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkSoulSista View Post
Work in admin myself and would be more than happy to help out where needed. I filled out a form detailing my workload/priorities.
Hi FSS,

Are you already on staff of HSE? And offering to move internally?
I don't work for the HSE but did send an email the other day (to an info address) volunteering my time. I haven't heard anything back yet (edit: I'm sure they're inundated with work, now more so than ever).
Can you share a better way for me to contact?

Thanks so much,
C

Last edited by Ki ki; 11-03-2020 at 23:19.
Advertisement
11-03-2020, 22:56   #10
P2C

My understanding is the unions are on board and anyone who refuses will be dealt with under the HSE grievance procedures. Have to say from talking to colleagues and we are community and non essential the overall majority in my building are happy to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touts View Post
It will happen. This is the biggest health crisis in the history of the state. Both front line and admin staff will have to be redeployed from what they are currently working on to this crisis. If the unions object or look for more money etc then public opinion will quickly turn savagely against them.
(4) thanks from:
11-03-2020, 23:02   #11
P2C

There will be no compensation it is existing terms and conditions. My understanding from the circular it is compulsory temporary redeployment so you do not really have an option if requested. We were doing a exercise today identifying skills of our staff group as we would have a few nurses and other ex frontline staff. Who knows what will be required but I say in the shorter contact tracing but if and when thinks get hairy I say cleaning, portering or anything that is requested.
Thanks from:
13-03-2020, 23:41   #12
Coralcoras

A sobering read about pregnancy and coronovirus.

https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/coronaviruses/

1st Trimester: Risk of miscarriage (50%) and birth defects.
2nd and 3rd Trimester: Risk of early labour (approx. 30-40%), stillbirth (approx. 20%) and other complications like poor growth.

This is early days so many of the statistics are based on observations from a relatively small (Covid19-infected) population sample.
Other stats are based on stronger relationships observed during similars viral outbreaks in the past, I.e. SARS and MERS.

My sisters, both of whom work in a face-to-face role with the HSE and are pregnant, are in complete limbo regarding current/expected working conditions.

There’s a lot of mention in the media about the vulnerability of elderly and immunocompromised citizens, but I’ve heard no mention made of the unborn child. I hope this gets discussed more and want to draw attention to the issue.
(2) thanks from:
14-03-2020, 23:04   #13
MrsBean

Non-HSE civil servant here. Was asked today by my department to volunteer for redeployment to help on contact tracing in the coming weeks.
(3) thanks from:
15-03-2020, 08:30   #14
billyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBean View Post
Non-HSE civil servant here. Was asked today by my department to volunteer for redeployment to help on contact tracing in the coming weeks.
Likewise
Thanks from:
15-03-2020, 08:35   #15
P2C

I am pretty certain pregnant mothers are a high risk group. Your sisters should contact their line manager to make alternative working arrangements and if not happy with the outcome go directly to occupational health or HR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralcoras View Post
A sobering read about pregnancy and coronovirus.

https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/coronaviruses/

1st Trimester: Risk of miscarriage (50%) and birth defects.
2nd and 3rd Trimester: Risk of early labour (approx. 30-40%), stillbirth (approx. 20%) and other complications like poor growth.

This is early days so many of the statistics are based on observations from a relatively small (Covid19-infected) population sample.
Other stats are based on stronger relationships observed during similars viral outbreaks in the past, I.e. SARS and MERS.

My sisters, both of whom work in a face-to-face role with the HSE and are pregnant, are in complete limbo regarding current/expected working conditions.

There’s a lot of mention in the media about the vulnerability of elderly and immunocompromised citizens, but I’ve heard no mention made of the unborn child. I hope this gets discussed more and want to draw attention to the issue.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion