Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE redeployment of staff Coronavirus

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Any other people being redeployed to do other depts work at home or in their usual office in last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭billyhead

For us HR sent a email and PO's asked anyone interested to put their name forward. We didnt get told where we would be sent other then it would either be under Health for contact tracing or Social Welfare.

The original call was for 1/2 people per unit but it sounds like as the situation developed through the week that they are going to moving anyone who puts their name down.

But since also pretty much every working parent in the Dept had to go on leave because of schools suddenly closing units are trying to hold onto key people.

How long would the redeployment be for? Can you choose the location you go to i.e easily commutable?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

billyhead wrote: »
    How long would the redeployment be for? Can you choose the location you go to i.e easily commutable?

We were told yesterday that you can choose the CHO you go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I got my reassignment today. Wasn't DEASP or HSE so a but surprised. Waiting to hear from them exactly what I'll be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I got my reassignment today. Wasn't DEASP or HSE so a but surprised. Waiting to hear from them exactly what I'll be doing

What was it if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Musefan wrote: »
    What was it if you don't mind me asking?

Blood Transfusion Services, which i suppose does come under Health.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭billyhead

Blood Transfusion Services, which i suppose does come under Health.

Are you working in Healthcare already or in the general civil service?

billyhead wrote: »
    Are you working in Healthcare already or in the general civil service?

General Civil Service

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

Can I ask what your general duties are in this new role? Is it solely admin. And also if you had any prior information regarding your potential roles before assignment I have been deemed suitable for redeployment by HR but have concerns regarding the health of one of my children and my exposure to the virus in a new role.

rpmcmurphy wrote: »
    Can I ask what your general duties are in this new role? Is it solely admin. And also if you had any prior information regarding your potential roles before assignment I have been deemed suitable for redeployment by HR but have concerns regarding the health of one of my children and my exposure to the virus in a new role.

I haven't been told yet. Was notified by PAS via email and told that someone from the new department would be in touch.

I would only have admin experience so can't imagine i will be doing anything differently

• Advertisement

Thank you. I am going to seek clarity from HR. Is it compulsory for non HSE staff?

Thank you. I am going to seek clarity from HR. Is it compulsory for non HSE staff?

I volunteered. Were you not giving a choice?

I volunteered. Were you not giving a choice?[/QUOTE

just selected. I didn't volunteer. I would have no issues
    if it was solely admin from home. I can work from home in my current roles as is the case since the outbreak. A large part of my job would normally be in the field.

if it was solely admin from home. I can work from home in my current roles as is the case since the outbreak. A large part of my job would normally be in the field.

Talk to your local HR but I can't imagine us doing anything other than admin. I've young kids and my father lives with us also so I won't be doing anything that puts them at risk

Advertisement