Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

DontBanMe wrote: »
    Their own website says 40, which in't even an option!!

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/AboutArgos.htm

I wasn't sure either because they say Ireland so that could include Northern Ireland which brings it to 40 odd. Yes it must be 38 thats how much is on their own website I just counted there now.

DontBanMe wrote: »
    Their own website says 40, which in't even an option!!

https://www.argos.ie/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/AboutArgos.htm

I went into the list of stores on their website and counted and there is 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shanmo

Emails for the Ballymaloe competition are out. I won a picnic hamper.

shanmo wrote: »

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭macguru

Congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

macguru wrote: »
    No its not, go to the argos site and Count them.

M

I'm so sorry, I trusted Google Maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Gormal

Won some Jabra elite earbuds on Flipz today, that was a shock and a half....lol

€100 one for all voucher (survey): carzone.ie I saw that link on FB and clicked it and said it was closed, that was a few days ago. Thought it odd as it was dated 9th Oct and pretty certain it was only the 10th or 11th when I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Gormal wrote: »
    Won some Jabra elite earbuds on Flipz today, that was a shock and a half....lol

€100 one for all voucher (survey): carzone.ie I saw that link on FB and clicked it and said it was closed, that was a few days ago. Thought it odd as it was dated 9th Oct and pretty certain it was only the 10th or 11th when I checked.

Was doubting myself there about the carzone one. I think it must have reached all responses needed then. I entered a few days ago but got sidetracked before posting - when I googled it the link is still there on my search.

Nice win on the Jabras. I find them quite nice (won a set earlier in the year).

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Any tips for finding competitors on Instagram?

Gangu wrote: »

Most companies that are running them on Facebook they are running across Instagram too. Even if they don't say it, if you see one on Facebook it will be on Instagram too. Sometimes there is a prize on each. But alot is one prize over both so if they pick from Instagram but you only entered on Facebook you have less chance. Whereas if you entered on both at least you have a chance which ever they pick from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Gangu wrote: »

DM me your instagram if you want me to tag you in anything I enter. If you're looking for people to tag ask here for others' instagram ids to friend for comps.

This is a pretty nice comp if you like your coffee - a bean to cup machine: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPHiTwHDzh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Has anyone ever won anything in the Evoke.ie newsletter competitions?

Have entered most of them over the last few years and never had any luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DontBanMe

Not I anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Gormal

Onity wrote: »

I did once, just keep at it as there must be a high number entering

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭buttonsc

EVOKE.IE I won a €100 voucher for Peter Marks, last year in their Halloween comp, where you had to find a pumpkin on their site. Unfortunately the email informing me of my win went into my spam and I lost out, as I didn't see it until after the 28days that they allow to claim the prize has passed. I contacted them but they had given the prize to another person. Which is fair enough. Keep entering and don't give up, the next time it might be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Most companies that are running them on Facebook they are running across Instagram too. Even if they don't say it, if you see one on Facebook it will be on Instagram too. Sometimes there is a prize on each. But alot is one prize over both so if they pick from Instagram but you only entered on Facebook you have less chance. Whereas if you entered on both at least you have a chance which ever they pick from
    Thank you. I really hate Facebook so I don’t comp there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I won a fabulously spendy vitamin c facial serum infused with hummingbird tears or something on evoke.ie few years back - it was lovely!
    Won a voucher for a weekend in Derry probably this time last year - dinner, b&b and a shopping voucher and guided walking tour, it sounded like a really nice prize. The voucher never arrived and the companies that ran the comp (her.ie was one of them) ignored my emails and messages following it up 😕

I have won with them.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I won a fabulously spendy vitamin c facial serum infused with hummingbird tears or something on evoke.ie few years back - it was lovely!
    Won a voucher for a weekend in Derry probably this time last year - dinner, b&b and a shopping voucher and guided walking tour, it sounded like a really nice prize. The voucher never arrived and the companies that ran the comp (her.ie was one of them) ignored my emails and messages following it up 😕

Oh that is terrible. I would keep chasing it, I once spent almost a year chasing a prize. Hotel and travel. Kept being told it was coming then there was delays. in the end I Googled the name of directors of the company and I had it sorted in a week. I was never rude even though I was raging in the end. I sent screenshot of the emails and explained how long I was waiting. Keep chasing that is my motto.That prize of mine wasn't with Evoke, I've won with them 2 or 3 times and always got the prize from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭magicray

You have just inspired me to follow up again on a prize I won last Feb, I have sent them countless messages on Facebook with no reply so have sent an email there now
    This is a relatively big company so I am surprised with them

Prizes are hard to come by these days so its very disappointing when you don't get them, I will update if I hear back

• Advertisement

magicray wrote: »
    You have just inspired me to follow up again on a prize I won last Feb, I have sent them countless messages on Facebook with no reply so have sent an email there now
    This is a relatively big company so I am surprised with them

Prizes are hard to come by these days so its very disappointing when you don't get them, I will update if I hear back

Best of luck and hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daisybear

Did anybody win with the mrkipling summer competition for the roald dahl puzzles etc? I never received my prize even though it stated they’d be sent within 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Daisybear wrote: »
    Did anybody win with the mrkipling summer competition for the roald dahl puzzles etc? I never received my prize even though it stated they’d be sent within 30 days.

I didn't receive mine either but was too lazy to chase it up because I never received a confirmation/congratulations email and didn't take a screenshot when I'd won.
    Won in the Halloween comp and got a confirmation email this time, which says:

Got a question? Give us a call on +44 (0) 344 372 7522 or drop us a line at support@mrkiplingcompetition.co.uk

Maybe try to reach out to them using that email?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shanmo

Would anyone care to exchange Instagram details for competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Juicystar11

Yes, pm me please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Yes pm Me too and if you want Twitter I have it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Just had a call to say I had won a San Miguel BBQ kit in a SuperValu Competition. My second win of the year and the first decent one!

Thank you, MsStotes!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114503125&postcount=1071

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DontBanMe

Just had a call to say I had won a San Miguel BBQ kit in a SuperValu Competition. My second win of the year and the first decent one!

Thank you, MsStotes!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114503125&postcount=1071

Awesome! Well jealous!! Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same here - any idea what is in the BBQ kit?

Second time winning a BBQ haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eildar

Mc Love wrote: »
    Same here - any idea what is in the BBQ kit?

Second time winning a BBQ haha

I just got a call too. I think this is it. Delighted 😊

Advertisement