Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tue 27/11/18

Options
  • 27-11-2018 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

Southwell not everyone's cup of tea and it is generally not a great spectacle but there are winners to be found...

12.10 - Filament of Gold: Seems crazy that this one has only run at Southwell once before given it's pedigree, form elsewhere shows that can win off mark in low 50s and a fairly weak race even by Southwell standards. Wide draw and Eoin Walsh are negatives but at 20/1 its well accounted for in price.

1.10 - Gorgeous General: Unexposed at Southwell and by Captain Gerard, won't need to improve too much on run here lto when a staying on 4th at 33/1 over shorter.

1.40 - Sir Geoffrey: Fibresand legend who is not getting any younger and could be totally gone at the game judged on recent efforts. No show here last time but that was on back of break and best historic form is generally over this 6f trip as opposed to the minimum. Either goes very close or finishes out with the washing.

FWIW: Paddy are 1/5 1234 on all above, marginal gains versus standard place terms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭robbiezero

King Christophe with Peter Fahey now over for the 12:10 in Southwell also. Interesting to see how he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Some ride by Hayley Turner there in the first, horse looked well beaten and rallied to win well enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

1.10 moremoneymoreparty 11/1
    1.40 coiste bodhar 5/1
    2.40 Dragon beat 8/1
    3.40 caribbean spring 12/1

Sure he's not betting anymore until Stephens day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Hahahaha that’s funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

ASOT wrote: »
    Some ride by Hayley Turner there in the first, horse looked well beaten and rallied to win well enough.

Eoin Walsh with a tour de force on one I bet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 onetwouniflu

Southwell not everyone's cup of tea and it is generally not a great spectacle but there are winners to be found...

12.10 - Filament of Gold: Seems crazy that this one has only run at Southwell once before given it's pedigree, form elsewhere shows that can win off mark in low 50s and a fairly weak race even by Southwell standards. Wide draw and Eoin Walsh are negatives but at 20/1 its well accounted for in price.

1.10 - Gorgeous General: Unexposed at Southwell and by Captain Gerard, won't need to improve too much on run here lto when a staying on 4th at 33/1 over shorter.

1.40 - Sir Geoffrey: Fibresand legend who is not getting any younger and could be totally gone at the game judged on recent efforts. No show here last time but that was on back of break and best historic form is generally over this 6f trip as opposed to the minimum. Either goes very close or finishes out with the washing.

FWIW: Paddy are 1/5 1234 on all above, marginal gains versus standard place terms.

Filament of gold stayed on very strongly at the finish, one for the tracker next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

That is absolutely hilarious. Got a good laugh off that Aurora. Cheers for posting.

Also the NAP has absolutely scooted in fair play MyStubbleItches. A 1.01 shot but a winner is a winner.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108708503&postcount=7

In running comments.

Held up out the back. Fiddled over first hurdle with a selection but no bet. Switched to chase track soon after 1 day. Jumped alone on outside, soon clear. Won with 30 days in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

kiers47 wrote: »
    That is absolutely hilarious. Got a good laugh off that Aurora. Cheers for posting.

Also the NAP has absolutely scooted in fair play MyStubbleItches. A 1.01 shot but a winner is a winner.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108708503&postcount=7

Couldn't get it matched unfortunately!!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Considering he “gambles for a living” I really hope it’s a nice bridge he’s living under.

LOL @ all of that. At least goat seems to have got the whole hurdle ratings v chase ratings mystery solved judged by comments on that link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Stopped posting here because people dont understand ratings/grades/handicaps. The irony

He likes to see horses go up a few pounds when finishing second

Got stuck into an evens shot heavy that had been 5/1 that morning

Makes a living from gambling my favourite part

Majeste worth a small bet in the last on the fibresand, looked to handle the surface ok lto in a race that very few could get into, decent amateur booked and very well in on its old form

Stopped posting here because people dont understand ratings/grades/handicaps. The irony

He likes to see horses go up a few pounds when finishing second

Got stuck into an evens shot heavy that had been 5/1 that morning

Makes a living from gambling my favourite part

My favourite part is when he said. I could tell you i layed Might Bite and some other horse at xx price but i could be accused of aftertiming so i wont say it.
    An absolute belter!! :pac::pac:

If i didnt know any better i could swear he was actually sting but even isnt that bad.

He's surely trolling? Hope for his own sake that he is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

He's surely trolling? Hope for his own sake that he is anyway

He's just a poor man's Sting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Amazing that you all focus on this guys recent punts and questionable strategy, yet there's another thread on the forum when some fella is allegedly supplying tips based on the most questionable formula ( ew in 7 runner apprentice handicaps) and most of the forum are swinging from his nuts losing approx. 200 points since May.

Just curious is there a history which this lad irishgoat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Amazing that you all focus on this guys recent punts and questionable strategy, yet there's another thread on the forum when some fella is allegedly supplying tips based on the most questionable formula ( ew in 7 runner apprentice handicaps) and most of the forum are swinging from his nuts losing approx. 200 points since May.

Just curious is there a history which this lad irishgoat?

Lol, brilliant. I went up against the 'Boy' (if that's who you're refrencing) for 7 days posting opposing lucky dips, and still faired better. But it didn't go down very well with the viewers here, to say the least.

The boy's tips page is hilarious -108pts, not to mention the previous negative run(s). And as soon as he has a place, it's all "That's it now boy, the bad times are over, it's a fresh start, and we're back in the game etc.."

To be honest, really do hope he continues posting them, as find them very useful (for 'avoidance'). In the world of information inteligence, ALL data is useful, even bad data.

Saying that wouldn't back the goat neither, @1.6 is about as un-attractive as it gets.

• Advertisement

In fairness myself and numerous others have been highly critical of the punting techniques in that thread. A lot of which seems to fall on deaf ears but is fairly basic stuff.
    In terms of betting I am hardly ever critical of someones selections tbh. I could look at a Saturday 16 runner handicap and make a case for half the field at times so im not going to argue if someone thinks a horse is worth a bet. Most of my criticism on here is price and method based which i think is fair as i am more trying to start a discussion on strategies and getting peoples opinions on how they evaluate a horses chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Yeah, just to be clear I’m not on looking to cause trouble, I just saw the hard time irishgoat was getting, when he’s probably no worse than most of us.

I do have concerns on the other thread though. A poster it posting “second hand info” from a “mate” who isn’t even on boards, yet the thread is lauded....

In fact, one of the big wins on that thread was tipped at 9/1 and won at 25s.

So “he” tipped it as value at one third of what it won at. It’s crazy that he can continue embarrassing himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Industry day today at Punchestown. Must be soul destroying for a lot of small owners/trainers to see their horses out with the washing behind Gigginstown. Yes, the cream does rise to the top but the beauty of NH racing was the always small man. NH racing is now more elite than flat racing yet so many 'commentators' argue that this is 'progress'. So be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Sure you can laugh, it’s like all the down and outs that know nothing but think they know everything. If I came here to make a few bob listening to any of you, I’d be flat broke.

All I hear from Kiers regarding bets are, ‘that race is not for me,’ and saying Might bite would trounce bristol di mai, and then on Saturday saying he was going to back Bristol, wtf, seriously?
    It’s the usual people that like your posts and vice versa. I hand on heart can safely say I didn’t meet one person on here that knows anything about making money from betting. That wouldn’t be a problem because it’s damn hard to beat the bookmakers but It’s the verbal nonsense that gets me.

This is a racing forum which is fine, but seeing old time members spouting about ratings and conditions etc.. and not putting up selections and looking to argue over nothing….. It’s not for me.

I was looking for a betting forum to interact but this is a cliq with people who know nothing about betting who are happy among losers. I’m not talking about the ordinary joe soaps, just the ones with 1000’s of posts spouting about this jockey is the best and ratings mean nothing in non handicaps etc...

To any new members who read this thread, all I can say is don’t listen to a thing on here, there is very little knowledge.
    To say I don’t make money from the horse is hilarious in the least. I never once bragged about it, I take my losers the same as my winners. My bets below are posted on the Internet for all to see. If anyone would like to share their selections I’d love to see them, the wins vs losers.
    Is there anybody who actually wins in these daily bets threads ?

I’ve seen the light and I’m done with this forum totally.
    Have fun entertaining each other with.

My bets from last Wednesday 21st to today. Total bets = 35, Winners = 25, losers 10.

Wednesday 21st November, 8 bets, 5 winners, 3 losers.
    1.30 Warwick, Biddy the boss lay 2.52’ish (unplaced) won
    2.25 Hexham, Kilcullen Flem. Lay around 3.9 (unplaced) won
    2.35 Warwick, Erick Le Rouge, currently around 2.7, win bet (first) won
    3.10 Warwick, Beat that. 2.1ish, Laying (first) Lost
    5.10 Kempton. Headman 1.48, win (2nd) Lost
    5.30 Dundalk, Hasselnott, around 3.4, laying (2nd) won
    6.00 Dundalk, Voyage of Discovery, laying, 4.6 (3rd) won
    6.50 Wolves, Earl of Bunnacurry, lay 2.0) (first) Lost

Thursday 22nd November, 7 bets, 5 winners – 2 losers
    12.25 Market Rasen, Dandolo Du Gite, laying, around 3.2 (3rd) won
    12.45 Wincanton, Helf, laying 4.4. (unplaced) won
    1.45 Wincanton, Capeland, around 1.99, laying (won) Lost
    2.15 Wincanton, Rhythm Is A Dancer, backing 1.67 (first) won
    3.55 Wincanton, Now Look At Me, 1.8, backing (first) won
    5.50 Wolves, Swansdown backing 2.3, (second) lost
    6.00 Wolves, Cantiniere, backing 2.2 (first) won

Friday 23rd November, 5 bets, 4 winners, 1 loser
    2.25 Catterick, Scented Lilly, around 4.4 laying (unplaced) won
    2.50 Ffos Las pen lane, laying 4.2 (won) lost
    5.45 Wolves, Jadeerah, around 1.78 laying (2nd) won
    6.15 Kempton, Inhale. Currently around 2.56 backing to win (first) won
    6.45 Kempton, Aquanura, 2.28, laying (3rd) won

Saturday 24th November, 8 bets, 6 winners, 2 losers
    2.00 Lingfield, Red Impression, backing to win, 1.49 (first) won
    2.05 Ascot, Politologue, backing to win 2.28 (first) won
    3.00 Haydock, Might Bite, laying 2.06, (unplaced) won
    3.10 Lingfield, Para Mio, laying 2.16 (2nd) won
    5.15 Wolverhampton. Pushkin Museum, laying 3.9 (first) lost
    6.15 Wolves, Michele Strogoff, laying 3.75 (first) lost
    6.45 Wolves, Comporta, laying 2.94 (3rd) won
    8.15 Wolves, Teresita Alvarez laying 3.85 (3rd) won

Monday 26th November, 2 bets, 2 winners – 0 losers
    3.00 Musselburgh. Cap St Vincent, backing to win 2.64 (first) won
    3.20 Ludlow. Thomas Campbell, backing to win 1.67 (first) won

Tuesday 27th November 1 bet, 1 loser
    12.10 Southwell, Anna Jammeela, laying 3.2 (first) lost

Wednesday 28th November, 4 bets, 3 winners – 1 loser
    1.05 Hereford, Dr Sanderson, laying 2.4 (unplaced) won
    1.45 Wolves, Micronize, lay for a place, 2.46 (unplaced) won
    2.20 Wetherby, Theflyingportrait, laying 3.8 (first) lost
    3.35 Punchestown, battleoverdoyen, 2.28 backing to win (first) won

I was going to say Good luck, but you'll need more than luck!

irishgoat wrote: »
    Sure you can laugh, it’s like all the down and outs that know nothing but think they know everything. If I came here to make a few bob listening to any of you, I’d be flat broke.

All I hear from Kiers regarding bets are, ‘that race is not for me,’ and saying Might bite would trounce bristol di mai, and then on Saturday saying he was going to back Bristol, wtf, seriously?
    It’s the usual people that like your posts and vice versa. I hand on heart can safely say I didn’t meet one person on here that knows anything about making money from betting. That wouldn’t be a problem because it’s damn hard to beat the bookmakers but It’s the verbal nonsense that gets me.

This is a racing forum which is fine, but seeing old time members spouting about ratings and conditions etc.. and not putting up selections and looking to argue over nothing….. It’s not for me.

I was looking for a betting forum to interact but this is a cliq with people who know nothing about betting who are happy among losers. I’m not talking about the ordinary joe soaps, just the ones with 1000’s of posts spouting about this jockey is the best and ratings mean nothing in non handicaps etc...

To any new members who read this thread, all I can say is don’t listen to a thing on here, there is very little knowledge.
    To say I don’t make money from the horse is hilarious in the least. I never once bragged about it, I take my losers the same as my winners. My bets below are posted on the Internet for all to see. If anyone would like to share their selections I’d love to see them, the wins vs losers.

My bets from last Wednesday 21st to today. Total bets = 35, Winners = 25, losers 10.

so long

You don't need to make up stories about not betting

You talk some ****e mate honestly, sure your off gambling anyway until Stephens day like every other year yet you were clearly spoofing.
    Last day betting for me until Stephen's day, I hope it's a good day.

I'll be having a few bet's during the day.

2.00 Lingfield, Red Impression. A bit shorter than I would have liked at around 1.49/1.5 I honestly can't see anything in the race that should come close to it, nothing to dislike about it's first run. A max win bet for me.

2.05 Ascot, Politologue, I'm not really seeing anything in the race to touch it. Currently around 2.28 backing to win. To me Politologue is a classy horse, charbel is a excellent handicapper but cant really make it in class 1 races.

3.00 Haydock, Might Bite, I'm laying this, currently around 2.06. I think Native River might have it's measure today but Just sticking with the lay on Might Bite.

Good luck to anyone who's betting.

Just the ten bets after you said you were done.

I talk the truth and you know it. Only the losers who spout nonsense will be offended by my post, the decent punters know I'm right. Just like junkies and alcoholics stick together for support, the begrudgers and terminal losers will fight for each other here.

I talk the truth and you know it. Only the losers who spout nonsense will be offended by my post, the decent punters know I'm right. Just like junkies and alcoholics stick together for support, the begrudgers and terminal losers will fight for each other here.

No I believe your partial to a couple of lies be honest with yourself.

ASOT wrote: »
    You don't need to make up stories about not betting

Just the ten bets after you said you were done.

I've had 7 bets since Saturday, the wife has to work unexpectedly for this week when she should be off. Circumstances change. That's not the point, the point is this is not an interactive racing forum. It's people like to talk nonsense and look for arguments for no reason. I love a good conversation about betting etc.. It doesn't happen here I'm afraid. I don't know you, I didn't ever read any of your other posts or selections but there are better places than here out there.

• Advertisement

I never once said might bite would trounce them. Or at least I don't think I did. Maybe I said I wanted him to win I can't actually remember. Iquestioned your reasoning for saying he should be rated lower than both politologue and Bristol which I stand over. Prior to last weekend there was no evidence to suggest either should be. Maybe now but that's hindsight. I thought his price was about right. If you also read that thread you will see that in the discussion I mentioned that if pushed for a selection at the prices I would go with Bristol. I toyed with the idea of backing him but I didn't.

Best of luck to you mate. Hope you find what your looking for.

Advertisement