Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tue 27/11/18

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

ASOT wrote: »
    No I believe your partial to a couple of lies be honest with yourself.

Every bet I posted there, is up on the Internet on this forum and the last 2 days on another forum. It's hard enough trying to win a few bob, never mind having to listen to utter madness on here.

If you think I'm partial to lies, that's your opinion, but not the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Also fwiw I have never claimed to be a profitable punter on here. I bet a lot less these days and especially away from the flat and the middle of the summer. Maybe I am or probably I am not. It doesn't particularly bother me if someone on the internet thinks I lose money or not and I couldn't care less about disclosing otherwise. It
    has little to do with most of the items I am discussing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

Industry day today at Punchestown. Must be soul destroying for a lot of small owners/trainers to see their horses out with the washing behind Gigginstown. Yes, the cream does rise to the top but the beauty of NH racing was the always small man. NH racing is now more elite than flat racing yet so many 'commentators' argue that this is 'progress'. So be it.

I can't see why all the industry journos think this is grand. Maybe they are worried about access to trianers etc if they start giving put about it.
    Giggy had four winners today, 1,2,3 in maiden hurdle. I think they had a 1,2,3,4,5 in a maiden hurdle in Navan the other day!!!

This is definitely not healthy for the long term future of the game. We have a horse with a small trainer at the moment, we have been second I think five times to the top trainers, at what used to be the small 'local' tracks.

Getting sick of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Absolutely loling at goat putting up a few days bets at generally long odds on as some sort of proof.

Fact that all records appear to have been manually written out and not copied from an excel a fairly sure sign of what you're dealing with, also no mention of profit, strike rate, implied edge etc. what a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Arrived to forum, gets challenged on items, ones with zero logic or questionable logic at best, then gets found out posting elsewhere even though no bets to December 26th, then having been found out, says everyone here are idiots.

This is some of the most hilarious crap I’ve read in some time. Arrived August gone November good luck to you goat.

• Advertisement

Absolutely loling at goat putting up a few days bets at generally long odds on as some sort of proof.

Fact that all records appear to have been manually written out and not copied from an excel a fairly sure sign of what you're dealing with, also no mention of profit, strike rate, implied edge etc. what a pro

I don't want to give my senses to you. You're like Kiers lackey. At least he posts worthy articles occasionally, you just come in with a nonsensical smart jibes and like other peoples smarmy comments.

Why would I proof my profit on here, for who's benefit ? Regarding strike rate, well, over the last week it's 71% it vary's from week to week but always decent but fault will be found with it as usual. All my bets posted are in the daily bets threads, nothing to hide. If I lose I take it on the chin.

BumperD wrote: »
    Arrived to forum, gets challenged on items, ones with zero logic or questionable logic at best, then gets found out posting elsewhere even though no bets to December 26th, then having been found out, says everyone here are idiots.

This is some of the most hilarious crap I’ve read in some time. Arrived August gone November good luck to you goat.

What a useless comment but most of your comments are.

Arrived to forum looking for a place to interact and post selections and have a bit of chat about up-coming races. Share and gain some knowledge. It never happened.

If I get challenged it's on useless nonsense. I started thinking whats the point in being here over the past month or so. If I post my bets in the daily thread I had people saying, 'oh can you not open a different thread, it's cluttering up the thread, maybe go to the gambling section.' So 7, 8 or 9 bets too much in a day for the thread?

Majority of my bets are posted up with preview and opinion, so what's the problem ? You want to keep all the daily threads as mostly horse loser discussion or what, I don't understand.

As I said, your just like Mostly harmless above,as soon as a smarmy post is published, all the usual suspects like it and throw in their tuppence.

Being honest I gained absolutely nothing from this forum. The one thing I did notice though is all this people with 1000's of posts are usually just trolls looking to argue and jibe over nothing.

I wasn't caught posting anywhere else, that's ridiculous. A member from here recommended the forum to me and away I went. I'm sure there a a good few from here over there too. Much better knowledge over there rest assured.
    Then I see Auroras Encore posted the thread back here, my selection lost on that day and it's so funny. Laugh away, 7 bets since Monday and 5 winners, I'm happy and that's all that matters to me.

There are good people and punters here no doubt about it. They make a few bob and enjoy the racing, then there are the 'know it alls,' who know all about racing but I don't see any or very very few of their selections winning but they run their mouths off, you're knee deep in that category bumperd, 100%.

Just reading through this thread. Really shows the character you have and how little you know about racing.
    Stopped posting here because people dont understand ratings/grades/handicaps. The irony

He likes to see horses go up a few pounds when finishing second

That's right, I do. When you learn a bit about handicapping you'll understand. A little example, a horse finishes a good second, goes up 3/4 or 5 in the ratings, be assured they will want to win next time out. Brush up on your handicapping.
    kiers47 wrote: »
    My favourite part is when he said. I could tell you i layed Might Bite and some other horse at xx price but i could be accused of aftertiming so i wont say it.
    An absolute belter!! :pac::pac:

If i didnt know any better i could swear he was actually sting but even isnt that bad.

Yes very funny, funny being, on this forum in the Saturday thread the above selections are documented. So you're smarmy jibe is again pointless. Only a clown would like a post like this, I forgot to check who liked it.
    Amazing that you all focus on this guys recent punts and questionable strategy, yet there's another thread on the forum when some fella is allegedly supplying tips based on the most questionable formula ( ew in 7 runner apprentice handicaps) and most of the forum are swinging from his nuts losing approx. 200 points since May.

Just curious is there a history which this lad irishgoat?

You hit the nail on the head. Focusing on my posts because if anyone has other ways of looking at betting and horse form, it must be wrong because they are right.

The other thread on here with the guy giving tips is a farce, anyone who back them selections shouldn't be gambling.

I'm all about teach & learn, learn & teach, I'm sorry to say I learned nothing on here.
    Yeah, just to be clear I’m not on looking to cause trouble, I just saw the hard time irishgoat was getting, when he’s probably no worse than most of us.

I do have concerns on the other thread though. A poster it posting “second hand info” from a “mate” who isn’t even on boards, yet the thread is lauded....

In fact, one of the big wins on that thread was tipped at 9/1 and won at 25s.

So “he” tipped it as value at one third of what it won at. It’s crazy that he can continue embarrassing himself.

I 100% agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Brush up on my handicapping. Arent you the one that didnt know the difference between hurdle ratings and chase ratings?

Have to laugh at you acting like you get told about random horses not going to win. Quite clear to anyone here you have quite a bad gambling addiction. To come on saying no one here has a clue and you do is laughable

Goat you kept mentioning the other day horses running off ratings in non handicap graded races. Says it all really

irishgoat wrote: »
    I don't want to give my senses to you. You're like Kiers lackey. At least he posts worthy articles occasionally, you just come in with a nonsensical smart jibes and like other peoples smarmy comments.

Why would I proof my profit on here, for who's benefit ? Regarding strike rate, well, over the last week it's 71% it vary's from week to week but always decent but fault will be found with it as usual. All my bets posted are in the daily bets threads, nothing to hide. If I lose I take it on the chin.
    I started this thread and put up three selections with my reasoning, I have been contributing to this forum on and off for years and I bet every single horse I put up in here, don't think it's required for people to put up winners provided they are making a positive contribution to the discussion but if you were to proof every bet I have ever put up in here I'd be very surprised if it was losing money.

You want nonsensical, go back and read your reasoning like "this horse is rated 50 I make it a 51 rated horse", "this horse wants 2 miles but this race is over 2m1f" or citing your strike rate from a 7 day period - try googling variance. It's obvious to anyone who knows anything about punting on horses that you do not have the faintest idea what you are on about yet you insist on carrying on with this embarrassing charade. Your bets tend to be on the betfair show prices, if you can make a profit at that then you are in a tiny fraction of punters. You're getting ignored from now on anyway, walter mitty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

What a useless comment but most of your comments are.

Arrived to forum looking for a place to interact and post selections and have a bit of chat about up-coming races. Share and gain some knowledge. It never happened.

If I get challenged it's on useless nonsense. I started thinking whats the point in being here over the past month or so. If I post my bets in the daily thread I had people saying, 'oh can you not open a different thread, it's cluttering up the thread, maybe go to the gambling section.' So 7, 8 or 9 bets too much in a day for the thread?

Majority of my bets are posted up with preview and opinion, so what's the problem ? You want to keep all the daily threads as mostly horse loser discussion or what, I don't understand.

As I said, your just like Mostly harmless above,as soon as a smarmy post is published, all the usual suspects like it and throw in their tuppence.

Being honest I gained absolutely nothing from this forum. The one thing I did notice though is all this people with 1000's of posts are usually just trolls looking to argue and jibe over nothing.

I wasn't caught posting anywhere else, that's ridiculous. A member from here recommended the forum to me and away I went. I'm sure there a a good few from here over there too. Much better knowledge over there rest assured.
    Then I see Auroras Encore posted the thread back here, my selection lost on that day and it's so funny. Laugh away, 7 bets since Monday and 5 winners, I'm happy and that's all that matters to me.

There are good people and punters here no doubt about it. They make a few bob and enjoy the racing, then there are the 'know it alls,' who know all about racing but I don't see any or very very few of their selections winning but they run their mouths off, you're knee deep in that category bumperd, 100%.

Sorry but This is utter horse****

Goat you kept mentioning the other day horses running off ratings in non handicap graded races. Says it all really

It's very obvious that you know very little in general about racing. I'm sure there are good books out there or plenty of information online that will explain how things work.

Here's a quote from the UK handicapper after the Betfair Chase.

"Taking all the pre and post-race information into account, I have raised Bristol de Mai 4 lbs to 169, which is 4lb lower than the figure he was awarded this time last year. Other than Clan des Obeaux just about recording a personal best at 160 (his Aintree run is almost a match following a collateral rise), I have left all the other ratings for now which means Native River and Might Bite still top the staying chase rankings on 176 and 172 respectively. However, Road to Respect (who scored at Down Royal) and Bristol de Mai have achieved the best performances this season, both on 169. It would be a knee-jerk reaction to suddenly reverse everything we knew from 2017/18, and with runs under their belts, I am sure we will learn much more as the season progresses"

PC is a proven good judge of horses tbf and that's not in doubt to anyone who has been on this forum more than a couple of months...

Really ? I haven't seen anything from him that warrants he's a good judge of anything. Can you elaborate a bit more on how he's a good judge ? Look at his posts above regarding ratings in non handicaps.

Really ? I haven't seen anything from him that warrants he's a good judge of anything. Can you elaborate a bit more on how he's a good judge ? Look at his posts above regarding ratings in non handicaps.
    Yes really. How little you know.

Just to highlight for something you claim to know more than everyone about your basic lack of understanding of non-handicap events is absolutely astounding.

Another incident below where you claimed a horse went up 7lbs for winning a weak race. It was a maiden hurdle it won and was then allocated a mark by the handicapper after it won. Had no rating before that. Looks like he gave it 122.
    It then ran in a novice event where it had to carry a 7lb penalty for the win the time before. It wasnt up 7lbs as you claim. It also won that and was raised a lb to 123.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108673900&postcount=4
    2.50 Southwell, Kimberley Point, currently 3.75'ish, laying it. Decent first run over hurdles, then won a very weak race, up 7lbs. The race today is very much that much tougher. I don't like Sea story either. Ena Baie I'm sure will go close but just a lay for me on kimberley.

Honestly man its ok to not know these things and still be learning. But coming on here claiming you are some intellectual is frankly quite embarrassing.

You can't back your statement up. See post #37 in this thread. You like other people's smart posts but you can't put across a decent argument. Great reply by the way, shows your intelligence.

For me, every day is a struggle trying to take a few bob off the bookmakers. It's like the majority here don't care about making money and that's fine if it's recreational betting, but people who don't post their selections on daily basis like 'PC' and just then try and jump in with smarmy comments, say's it all about them. Your like that too.

Are you sure you want to add irishgoat to your ignore list? -> YES

Just to highlight for something you claim to know more than everyone about your basic lack of understanding of non-handicap events is absolutely astounding.

Another incident below where you claimed a horse went up 7lbs for winning a weak race. It was a maiden hurdle it won and was then allocated a mark by the handicapper after it won. Had no rating before that. Looks like he gave it 122.
    It then ran in a novice event where it had to carry a 7lb penalty for the win the time before. It wasnt up 7lbs as you claim. It also won that and was raised a lb to 123.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108673900&postcount=4

Honestly man its ok to not know these things and still be learning. But coming on here claiming you are some intellectual is frankly quite embarrassing.

Hang on, hang on, you've posted rubbish there.

My orginal post was Quote " 2.50 Southwell, Kimberley Point, currently 3.75'ish, laying it. Decent first run over hurdles, then won a very weak race, up 7lbs. The race today is very much that much tougher. I don't like Sea story either. Ena Baie I'm sure will go close but just a lay for me on kimberley."

Let's dissect the comment.

For starters the horse was only give a rating of 122 after the race in question, before then it had no rating.

The horse ran over hurdles the first time, it was beaten second carrying 11 stone. It then ran on good to firm and carried 11-5. It was carrying 5lbs more, sorry not 7lbs on the day I posed that. I never once mentioned a rating in that post.

We had this discussion last week kiers, you're like Peintre celebre and you lack any decent knowledge about ratings.

Are you sure you want to add irishgoat to your ignore list? -> YES

Why would you do that, you're the one handing out the smart comments, I'm just explaining how things are.

Scrutinize my previous posts all you want Kiers. I'll go back through yours and see if I can dig up anything if you like. I had a look back at some of pentre celebres after mostly harmless said he was a good judge and I strongly beg to differ.

Everywhere Kiers is found, Mostly harmless is right beside him.

• Advertisement

Hang on, hang on, you've posted rubbish there.

My orginal post was Quote " 2.50 Southwell, Kimberley Point, currently 3.75'ish, laying it. Decent first run over hurdles, then won a very weak race, up 7lbs. The race today is very much that much tougher. I don't like Sea story either. Ena Baie I'm sure will go close but just a lay for me on kimberley."

Let's dissect the comment.

For starters the horse was only give a rating of 122 after the race in question, before then it had no rating.

The horse ran over hurdles the first time, it was beaten second carrying 11 stone. It then ran on good to firm and carried 11-5. It was carrying 5lbs more, sorry not 7lbs on the day I posed that. I never once mentioned a rating in that post.

We had this discussion last week kiers, you're like Peintre celebre and you lack any decent knowledge about ratings.

Incorrect mate. She carried a 7lb penatly.
    This is pretty much standard in most novice hurdles and basic stuff. Horses who have won a novice or previous hurdle race will carry a 7lb penalty. I'm not sure where you are getting the 5 from.

And also she was rated 122 before the race last time and 123 after it. Honestly man stop digging you are nearly in China.

Also scrutinize away. I'm always willing to discuss what I've posted. And I have no problem retracting something I've said or changing my stance if someone convinced me otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

That's right, I do. When you learn a bit about handicapping you'll understand. A little example, a horse finishes a good second, goes up 3/4 or 5 in the ratings, be assured they will want to win next time out. Brush up on your handicapping

I literally laughed out loud.

Also scrutinize away. I'm always willing to discuss what I've posted. And I have no problem retracting something I've said or changing my stance if someone convinced me otherwise.

I'm not that petty, you've pulled me up in the past on errors and I fully accepted them. The issue I have is people not posting any selections and then jumping on the bandwagon.

Out of the bunch here, you are by far the most knowledgeable, I said it before and I stick by it. It's a shame you fall in with the rest of the know it alls.

I'm not that petty, you've pulled me up in the past on errors and I fully accepted them. The issue I have is people not posting any selections and then jumping on the bandwagon.

Well tbh man. If you are going to sit here and claim that no one has a clue what they are talking about then you'd want to be able to back that up with some factual facts and not just here say.

I had 3 bets in the last week. Im not really sure if i posted them all here i probably posted a couple. Im not going to stick up a selection if im not having a bet but im always willing to discuss a race and give an opinion. I don't think i need to have a bet on something to give an opinion.

Im finished with the bickering clearly you feel you have too much knowledge and no one here including me knows anything. That's fine i wont lose any sleep over what some stranger on the internet thinks.
    I believe that you probably know quite a lot less than you make out too. Which is also just exactly that. My opinion. So we can agree to differ.
    Good luck with the betting and whatever it is you are looking to find with posting your selections.

This is going to be my last post on the item. Definitely this time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

It's very obvious that you know very little in general about racing. I'm sure there are good books out there or plenty of information online that will explain how things work.

Here's a quote from the UK handicapper after the Betfair Chase.

"Taking all the pre and post-race information into account, I have raised Bristol de Mai 4 lbs to 169, which is 4lb lower than the figure he was awarded this time last year. Other than Clan des Obeaux just about recording a personal best at 160 (his Aintree run is almost a match following a collateral rise), I have left all the other ratings for now which means Native River and Might Bite still top the staying chase rankings on 176 and 172 respectively. However, Road to Respect (who scored at Down Royal) and Bristol de Mai have achieved the best performances this season, both on 169. It would be a knee-jerk reaction to suddenly reverse everything we knew from 2017/18, and with runs under their belts, I am sure we will learn much more as the season progresses"

For the last bloody time they do not run off their marks in graded races. You literally have not got a clue. All you have posted there is the handicappers reassessment.

Well tbh man. If you are going to sit here and claim that no one has a clue what they are talking about then you'd want to be able to back that up with some factual facts and not just here say.

I had 3 bets in the last week. Im not really sure if i posted them all here i probably posted a couple. Im not going to stick up a selection if im not having a bet but im always willing to discuss a race and give an opinion. I don't think i need to have a bet on something to give an opinion.

Im finished with the bickering clearly you feel you have too much knowledge and no one here including me knows anything. That's fine i wont lose any sleep over what some stranger on the internet thinks.
    I believe that you probably know quite a lot less than you make out too. Which is also just exactly that. My opinion. So we can agree to differ.
    Good luck with the betting and whatever it is you are looking to find with posting your selections.

This is going to be my last post on the item. Definitely this time. :D

No problem Kiers, and just for the record, I don't claim to know more than everyone here, I said in a previous post in this thread, I'm all about learn & teach, teach & learn. I have an open mind. If I make a mistake, it's great to have someone like you who can pull me up on it, I appreciate that, that's constructive, I don't take offence from it, I appreciate it. I'd like to think I know more than the 'know it alls,' who like to run their mouth and have no constructive comments only think it's funny if a selection loses. You're intelligent, I think you know what I'm saying.

I'm finished here now, if I can delete my account I will. If not I won't be logging in again, life's too short.

Incorrect mate. She carried a 7lb penatly.
    This is pretty much standard in most novice hurdles and basic stuff. Horses who have won a novice or previous hurdle race will carry a 7lb penalty. I'm not sure where you are getting the 5 from.

And also she was rated 122 before the race last time and 123 after it. Honestly man stop digging you are nearly in China.

That spanner reckons the horse got a 5lb penalty because it carried 5lbs more weight in its next race

By that logic a horse could win carrying 11 stone in a handicap, run in a handicap next time off a higher rating but a lower weigh, and he would reckon it got a decrease for it. The mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Good old Goaty still causing a stir I see. :)

Best ignored, and that was obvious from day 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

It's about 1.05 he comes back as a re-reg surely

Advertisement