Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options
  • 16-09-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Current day London
    edited-sherlock-970x545.png

Sherlock Holmes has gone into hiding to protect the ones close to him, there is an elaborate game being played that could spell the end of everything he holds dear and he needs no distractions while he delves into his mind palace. He has laid a plan of his own that if the circumstances are correct should give protection when it's least expected.

John and Mary are left to help D.I Lestrade and Scotland Yard as unexplained murders start to appear across London, Each murder scene has yellow graffiti sprayed on the walls with all of them showing the same thing sprayed “αδειάζω”. Molly Hooper is on overtime where she has found a letter burned into each corpse’s left eyelid that spells “Did you Miss Me?” except for the 3rd corpse which had had both eyelids burned into and a black phone with red lipstick marks on the screen password locked was found in their possession. The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

Mycroft Holmes always present when the time calls for it, is making moves from the shadows that he hopes pay dividends.

Mrs Hudson residing at 221b Baker Street is never afraid to give her opinion especially when common sense goes amiss.

There are whispers in certain corners of London that talk of a mysterious serial killer who has killed hundreds of people to date and never been caught, but the loudest whisper is that of a group that has spun a criminal web all across the city where each crime links to these three words "Werewolves of London".

There are talented individuals that have different traits and skills some of which will be revealed below and there are traits and skills that will only be revealed under certain circumstances.

The game is afoot…
    lead_720_405.jpg?mod=1533691864

TEAM GOOD

Sherlock Holmes – “I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research.”
    Consulting Detective: Each night phase Sherlock has the option to peek one individual for full role revel including hidden knowledge or alternatively can choose 3 people and learn if the group of 3 contains a bad or good player which will only give an aligned bad or aligned good response.

Dr. John Watson – He is a crack shot, heralding from his long years in Afghanistan, alongside his 2 bullets he also has the ability to heal.

Mary Watson – Highly trained assassin that will do anything to protect her family and friends. Bodyguard: Can protect a person each night phase. Cannot protect themselves.

D.I Lestrade – Geoff , Graham, Giles, Gavin Lestrade. Its Greg by the way. Can jail someone every night phase, jailed people lose backroom access and all powers during the night phase but cannot be killed while jailed. Can only jail the same player once.

Mrs Hudson – The mother figure of the group, Mrs Hudson is never shy of putting order in place when she sees the need.

Mycroft Holmes – “If you seem slow to me, Sherlock, can you imagine what real people are like? I’m living in a world of goldfish.”

Mycroft has this uncanny ability to come across as a villain but look deeper and you will find a good heart.
    Mycroft has a -3 lynch value meaning they need 3 votes to get to 0

Molly Hooper – Molly putting her love life on hold in her pursuit for justice is making practical use of her medical skills in the morgue.

Priest: Molly receives the roles of the dead.

Scotland Yard Officer – Normal Rolled Citizens

TEAM EVIL

Werewolves of London

76b4895401b9ab01ba1c028e01536ee5.jpg

Jim Moriarty – Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain.

Consulting Criminal: Moriarty has two full seer peek.

Eurus Holmes – There's an east wind coming…

Her speciality is reprogramming the human brain...
    Eurus acts as a double parity count for the Werewolves of London.

Irene Adler – "This is how I want you to remember me. The woman who beat you."

Irene can be sent away from the backroom. When sent way she will not be able to contact the villains but she still must act in their interest, when sent away she will be seen as Scotland yard officer to any peeks or deaths and also parity counts, she can be recalled into the backroom at any stage but this can only be done once in which she will then remain in the backroom as a villain. Recalling Irene into the backroom has a 24hr timer from request.

Charles Augustus Magnussen
    – The Napoleon of blackmail
    Charles is a very powerful individual and has the option to blackmail another player at a time of his choosing.

Jeff Hope - "It's not chance, Mr Holmes, it's chess. It's a game of chess."
    Paid by Moriarty for his services, Jeff has a unique killing style

Each of the above clues will reveal an ability of the person the clue is under if answered correctly. To answer, simply quote the clue with your answer on thread.

Serial Killer
    125187.jpg?quality=90&lb=620,413&background=white

Culverton Smith
    – The hospital is his playground

One of the most prolific undetected serial killers in British criminal history, he can’t help boast to everyone about his kills. Can kill one person every day at any time between munches.

RULES

NB. If you're a regular player some of these rules may sound familiar to you, but please do not just skim past. There is new stuff in here too, so please read carefully and ensure you understand.

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM andy125, WerewolfGM or Barney92 and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted.

3. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. Players are expected to adhere to a minimum of 5 posts per phase (munch to munch) failure to do so will result in being Substituted or Mod killed, whichever is more convenient at the time.

4. Game schedule: Game starts with a slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Monday morning. Munches will be revealed at 10am, lynch votes will be revealed at 9pm. Bodyguard protect requests and Jail requests have a deadline and must be put in before lynch or it will not be accepted.

5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Any missed votes will result in 2 lynch votes for the offender and any missed votes after that will increase by 4 votes for the offender.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.

7. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. Please PM the mods for access, although we will endeavour to have it arranged automatically upon your death.

8. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

9. THERE ARE NO TASKS, so feel free to have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.

10. In it to win it: Please play in the interests of the team you are representing at all times.

11. Win Conditions:
    Wolf Win - Wolves will win if they gain parity with villagers and eliminate the SK
    SK Win - Sk wins if they gain parity with village or/and wolf.
    Village Win - All Wolf and SK teams are exterminated.

There are no joint winning conditions.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

As to make a more balanced game here is the PM all Scotland Yard officers (NRV) will receive;

Dear Player,

Welcome to Sherlock - A Game of Werewolf

You have been assigned the role of Scotland Yard Officer - Citizen of London (NRV)

You must band together with your fellow officers to crack the most dangerous case to ever cross the desks of Scotland Yard.

As part of your duties you will also have to vote in the lynch each evening and contribute at least 5 posts each day.

The lynch form link is here: https://goo.gl/kVy9yj
    Your Lynch code: ******

This game is an anonymous game, and as such - here are your login details:

Username: _____ WW
    Password: *******

We hope you enjoy the game.
    Regards,
    The Mods.

List of Players;
    Abigail WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Katie WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisín WW
    Orla WW
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Tegan WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Hello all first post

FFF0

Necro - cmon we know he's evil
    Isla - isn't isla always dodgy
    Tigger - 0 posts yet not modkilled has to be a wolf

Might update later but at least 2 of those are dodgy af

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Shoot, just missed first post!

Are there really *really* no tasks?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Elementary > Sherlock

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Elementary > Sherlock

First wolf found folks

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »

That’s so you , Clodagh..... You are such a cynic....

I suppose technically we have the tasks of trying to figure out wolf roles with clues...

Abigail WW wrote: »
    First wolf found folks

tumblr_mo942vwIoU1rkpfcgo1_500.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Orla in the house :D

Let's get this mother fracking party started!

Riona WW wrote: »

I suppose technically we have the tasks of trying to figure out wolf roles with clues...

I trust no one...

• Advertisement

I trust no one...

Oh God, you got the Littlefinger role didn't you :eek:

giphy.gif

Oh... wait... wrong franchise :o

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

That's a very fine looking magnifying glass.

Must say, I adore the idea of having clues to decode.

Clue: MORSCCXLV

No initial thoughts. Not roman numerals, not an anagram.

9 Letters.

Clue: The key is Belshazzar's feast...

OYTMYEOT

8 Letters. Possibly an anagram.

A quick google about "Belshazzar's Feast" doesn't show much, other than the other name for the story. "The writing on the wall".

Clue: Unlock her phone to learn her secret.

Phone? Reckon we'll see her phone as the game goes on?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

FIRST

I like the clues too, they're a nice touch.

My brain isn't working at full capacity at the moment though.

EzUa.gif

The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

Alphabet?

M a r k s - a r e - w o r d s

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

What’s up Brendan is in the house!

How are all you fine folk today?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    What’s up Brendan is in the house!

How are all you fine folk today?

tenor.gif?itemid=5120916

The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

Alphabet?

Clue: Unlock her phone to learn her secret.

Also i guess this is Irene’s phone that we are trying to unlock... the third corpse had Burn marks in eylids and lipstick on phone. Lipstick and burn are the marks?

Ok that’s enough helping for 2 days. I’m prob up for a munch for looking so helpful this early. No bad thing in all fairness...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Alphabet?

Spent twenty mins with a pen and piece of paper figuring that out only to refresh and see it answered.

• Advertisement

My first reaction was that CCXLV is 245 in Roman numerals.

OYTMYEOT

Maybe some kind of keyword cipher where you insert a word at the start of the alphabet? You then letter match your "new" alphabet to the alphabet proper. So for example if you use FEAST as the key word your new alphabet would look like:

F E A S T B C D G H I J K L M N O P Q R U V W X Y Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

lol need to read the whole OP. Hadn't see Irene's clue in the flavour.

======
    Moriarty's clue - MORSCCXLV

Splitting in to 3 3s.

MOR = Moriarty?
    SCC = ?
    XLV = 45

======

Eurus - OYTMYEOT

Coincidence the word "TOTEM" can be made from that? Leaves the letters "YYO" though. "Oyy Totem"?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

afternoon

I've been hurt too many time before

giphy.webp

Oops, this:
    I've been hurt too many time before

giphy.webp

Was actually meant as a reply to:
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Oh God, you got the Littlefinger role didn't you :eek:

giphy.gif

Oh... wait... wrong franchise :o

It's the first page of day 0 and I'm already losing track of things.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    lol need to read the whole OP. Hadn't see Irene's clue in the flavour.

======
    Moriarty's clue - MORSCCXLV

Splitting in to 3 3s.

MOR = Moriarty?
    SCC = ?
    XLV = 45

======

Eurus - OYTMYEOT

Coincidence the word "TOTEM" can be made from that? Leaves the letters "YYO" though. "Oyy Totem"?

Afternoon all.

Reading that Moriarty clue the first indication I had was that it might relate to Moriarty (furst three letters)

However is it possible it MORS Code CXLV (145)?

Or Morse Code 145... if that makes any sense.

Oops, this:

Was actually meant as a reply to:

It's the first page of day 0 and I'm already losing track of things.

InstructiveCoolIrishdraughthorse-small.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

there's irenes phone password anyway

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

My first reaction was that CCXLV is 245 in Roman numerals.

OYTMYEOT

Maybe some kind of keyword cipher where you insert a word at the start of the alphabet? You then letter match your "new" alphabet to the alphabet proper. So for example if you use FEAST as the key word your new alphabet would look like:

F E A S T B C D G H I J K L M N O P Q R U V W X Y Z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

M is 1,000 in RN too, 1000 ors 245

Is the O an o or a 0? 1,000 with the 0 makes it 10,000, and C = 100, C*C makes 10,000. RS45?

Dunno

• Advertisement

I'm getting distracted by my excel spread sheet. There's colour coding, tables, and clickable checkboxes! It's glorious!

Advertisement