Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sherlock - A game of Werewolf!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Its nice of the Game Mods to let us know their are no tasks........

Just a shed load of riddles and mysteries!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    No one, it was only a suggestion...:confused:

Christ you're jumpy Wini, it's not even day 1 yet.

But seeing as you asked so nicely :P

:rolleyes: Yeah, and derailing the thread with your incessant GIFFING isn't counter-productive? Glad to know I've likely one name for my FFA tomorrow anyways.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I'm clearly not smart enough for this game.

Me either. Great Derry got the answer and all, but I'm still not even quite sure how he got there, never mind solving one myself.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Whats next to solve? :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

:rolleyes: Yeah, and derailing the thread with your incessant GIFFING isn't counter-productive? Glad to know I've likely one name for my FFA tomorrow anyways.

1280461.gif?b64lines=R08gQUhFQUQtLQogVEhST1cgWU9VUiBWT1RFIEFXQVku

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Splitting the relevant info up. Working on an assumption that the writing on the wall was solely to do with the puzzle we solved, and can thus be ignored in the other puzzles. At the same time, both Adler AND Eurus had the key to solving their puzzles in the "flavour" description. So I think there's probably a clue to Moriarty there too.

===========

Moriarty
    she has found a letter burned into each corpse’s left eyelid that spells “Did you Miss Me?”
    Jim Moriarty – Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain.

Clue: MORSCCXLV

What do ye think of the fact it specifies that his message was burned into each corpse's left eye? That's very specific, right?

===========

Adler
    the 3rd corpse which had had both eyelids burned into and a black phone
    with red lipstick marks on the screen password locked
    was found in their possession.

The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

Message translated as "Marks are words"
    Irene Adler – "This is how I want you to remember me. The woman who beat you."

Clue: Unlock her phone to learn her secret.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

So the only other mention of words in the OP was "each crime links to these three words "Werewolves of London". It's a reach but I'm already down the rabbit hole

WerewolfGM wrote: »

"Werewolves of London"

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

And with that I'm taking a break for dinner. I already know my work week is screwed

John and Mary are left to help D.I Lestrade and Scotland Yard as unexplained murders start to appear across London, Each murder scene has yellow graffiti sprayed on the walls with all of them showing the same thing sprayed “αδειάζω”. Molly Hooper is on overtime where she has found a letter burned into each corpse’s left eyelid that spells “Did you Miss Me?” except for the 3rd corpse which had had both eyelids burned into and a black phone with red lipstick marks on the screen password locked was found in their possession. The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

Okay, read back over Derry and Clodagh's work to see how they got their answer. I kinda get it more, but still don't really understand where Belshazzar's feast... fits. I don't think my brain is wired to solves these.

However … what does seem clear is that the above passage is like a cipher to the rest of the clues since that's where Derry got "empty" from. Presumably that won't be used again for another clue, so we can cross it out?

What we're left with are:

"Did you Miss Me?"
    "black phone with red lipstick"
    "13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19" which we already know refers to "Marks Are Words"

Also, there's no Clues to unlocking these roles, yet the information is fairly vague. What does blackmailing involve? Is that like mind control? But that would be kinda similar to the Eurus role, if our assumptions on the clue reveal are correct. And the "unique killing style" tells us very little too.
    Charles Augustus Magnussen – The Napoleon of blackmail
    Charles is a very powerful individual and has the option to blackmail another player at a time of his choosing.

Jeff Hope - "It's not chance, Mr Holmes, it's chess. It's a game of chess."
    Paid by Moriarty for his services, Jeff has a unique killing style

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Molly Hooper is on overtime where she has found a letter burned into each corpse’s left eyelid that spells “Did you Miss Me?” except for the 3rd corpse which had had both eyelids burned into and a black phone with red lipstick marks on the screen password locked was found in their possession. The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

dont know of theres anything here, perhaps for the more analytical of us.

12 letters, with 2 in the 3rd victim, meaning 11 people dead

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Back in my Day, D0 was silly frivolity and nonsense. Now it's all eating at your desk during lunch time and solving Moriarty riddles.

so 3rd corpse with 2 letters burned in had the phone on their person

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Back in my Day, D0 was silly frivolity and nonsense. Now it's all eating at your desk during lunch time and solving Moriarty riddles.

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Well done Derry, great work. I don’t think I would have been able to work that out!

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Well done Derry, great work. I don’t think I would have been able to work that out!

you trying to pocket derry?

and what about me and mary. we got the keyword for derry. where's our credit? :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Molly Hooper is on overtime where she has found a letter burned into each corpse’s left eyelid that spells “Did you Miss Me?” except for the 3rd corpse which had had both eyelids burned into and a black phone with red lipstick marks on the screen password locked was found in their possession. The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

dont know of theres anything here, perhaps for the more analytical of us.

12 letters, with 2 in the 3rd victim, meaning 11 people dead

i took it to mead the was an extra d, as in d in both eyelids of 3rd victim.
    thats why i went looking for words in diddyoumissme, and the best i could find was 'my mud is diodes' which didn't make much sense, so i dropped it.

and what about me and mary. we got the keyword for derry. where's our credit? :P

tumblr_mxjsfgmv201svb9fpo1_500.gif

That will have to do you... attention-hog :p

https://media.giphy.com/media/7Pn9mJwyPJpYc/giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Yay, you can Google, well done!! :P

Seriously, fair plan and all. But after Derry, I think the next biggest contributor to solving that was Clodagh who thought of putting the word in front of the alphabet thing.

I've been trying to figure out these puzzles like crazy but my brain is weak. I think the living will come to envy the dead as time goes on.

giphy.gif

Nigel WW wrote: »

Seriously, fair plan and all. But after Derry, I think the next biggest contributor to solving that was Clodagh who thought of putting the word in front of the alphabet thing.

tis true. me and mary are useless

:pac::pac::pac::pac: It's called a Cipher, not to be confused with a Pokemon of a similar name:

giphy.gif

tis true. me and mary are useless

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I figured out marks are words ... But sure maybe wolves get bonus’s for revealing on thread themselves or just get village credit. I wouldn’t read too much into which lean it is to be honest....

where's Brendan gone

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Woo! Good work Derry!

If we're trying to figure out clues, we should make sure to quote em in case we accidentally stumble across an answer:
    Each of the above clues will reveal an ability of the person the clue is under if answered correctly. To answer, simply quote the clue with your answer on thread.
    Okay, read back over Derry and Clodagh's work to see how they got their answer. I kinda get it more, but still don't really understand where Belshazzar's feast... fits. I don't think my brain is wired to solves these.

Belshazzar's Feast is,, according to wiki, the story of "The Writings On The Wall". The OP mentions that there is writing on the wall, some greek letters that translated to empty. When you plugged them into that cipher, we got redbeard.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

you trying to pocket derry?

Nope just giving credit where it is due

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5b9ea71d434843333648d56e

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

except for the 3rd corpse which had had both eyelids burned into and a black phone with red lipstick marks on the screen password locked was found in their possession. The phone had a small folded paper message under the leather cover which read “13-1-18-11-19-1-18-5-23-15-18-4-19”

beautiful-red-lips-picture-id148290587?k=6&m=148290587&s=612x612&w=0&h=w1K0nT992enY0LA5NGktizUU_RNocaHjByxrqSPLrdk=

Advertisement