Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

College Fantasy Football 2018

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's ott imo.

If the players are active and set their teams before the postponements I don't think they should be kicked out.

Also the phone app is crap. I seen your post here after setting my team. Only for your post Gary Jennings Jr would have been in my team. There was no marking to bring your attention to the fact that the game had been called off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Era it’s no skin off my nose. I’d rather be off it than listening to some fella on a power trip about a fantasy league barking out orders.

Best of luck to all of ye that have survived the chop :) for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Power trip :pac:

It was pretty much the only rule I emphasized. Simple as that, no power trip or anything of the sort.

You can emphasise anything you want my friend.

It’s a fantasy league, get down off your high horse, you’ll be the only one in it shortly the way you’re going on.

Don't take it personally. I posted over a month ago what the rule was and there was no objection from anyone.

• Advertisement

You can clearly see I made the change on Thursday, I apologise I’m not blessed to have the the free time to be on it as much as you.

I’m not taking it personal lad, just saying it straight. You need to come off your high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

And you can clearly see that I was logged in yesterday whilst the games were on. So definitely not inactive as per your golden rule. I still have no idea who was inactive that I started.

Anyway I’m happier out of it. Fantasy is supposed to make sport fun, this is the opposite.

Enjoy your league, I’m sure it will be fun when your setting the lineups of 13 other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Ah Jaysis, I was actually engaged in this... and leading the league. That's an absolute joke. Enjoy the rest of the league .....

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I was actually engaged in this

So why did you leave Killins in your lineup? I mean, I even posted a reminder that you needed to get him out of your lineup and you didn't. Where's the engagement there?

Again, I posted a month ago that anyone who missed a lineup was out and there were no objections. Incomplete rosters and inactive players is the type of crap that ruined our old college football leagues here years ago. It's not a big commitment to log in, look at your lineup and swap inactive players for active players. If that's too much for people to handle, or if seemingly computer-literate adults can't use the Fantrax website, then you shouldn't have signed up to the league in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

JaMarcus wrote: »
    So why did you leave Killins in your lineup? I mean, I even posted a reminder that you needed to get him out of your lineup and you didn't. Where's the engagement there?

Again, I posted a month ago that anyone who missed a lineup was out and there were no objections. Incomplete rosters and inactive players is the type of crap that ruined our old college football leagues here years ago. It's not a big commitment to log in, look at your lineup and swap inactive players for active players. If that's too much for people to handle, or if seemingly computer-literate adults can't use the Fantrax website, then you shouldn't have signed up to the league in the first place.

Too busy to log into boards on a daily basis to watch out for creepy warnings... Missed the boat on Killins to be fair but had my team set up early in the week and changed a few players around. I also won pretty comfortably... again...

Take your ball and go home, enjoy the rest of your league and I'll just exit undefeated ;)

Strange stuff.

• Advertisement

Fantrax is crap.

I can understand banning inactive players, I'm all for that, but in a situation where there was hurricane I don't think it's fair if the guys were logged in this week and made changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Can you tell me who I (RomaSuck State Cowboys) left in? I was pretty sure I took trevon brown out earlier in the week and I wasn’t in your warning at 5:23 yesterday so I’m genuinely baffled.

Can you tell me who I (RomaSuck State Cowboys) left in? I was pretty sure I took trevon brown out earlier in the week and I wasn’t in your warning at 5:23 yesterday so I’m genuinely baffled.

Marcus Simms of West Virginia.

Forfeited teams have been moved to a separate division, the remaining 11 teams will have their own separate standings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hey folks,

Not happy at the way this league has been run so I have deactivated my team.

Best of luck to all.

P.S - That fantrax site is a pile of ****e

Marcus Simms of West Virginia.

Forfeited teams have been moved to a separate division, the remaining 11 teams will have their own separate standings.

Thanks but no thanks. You can hold onto it, or remove it. I’m done with this thread

gstack166 wrote: »
    Thanks but no thanks. You can hold onto it, or remove it. I’m done with this thread

That wasn't an offer.

That wasn't an offer.

No matter if it was or wasn’t, I’m sure you know where to stick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

I'm out too...no interest in being involved in this nonsense

League disbanded in that case. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Lads and Ladies are we all feeling a little sensitive this morning or what?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jesus. What the hell happened there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

There is a zero tolerance (ish) policy on inactive participants. Fantrax allows me to see when you last logged in. If anybody misses a lineup or starts bye week players without a damn good excuse, they're out of the league. I will continue to adjust their lineup as commissioner based on the highest weekly projections. If for whatever reason I miss a lineup for an inactive team, I will set them after the fact (based on what projections were, not what they actually scored).

ie. Team ABC's manager goes AWOL. They have QB1 on a bye, QB2 with a projection of 25 and an actual score of 20, and QB3 with a projection of 20 and an actual score of 30, I will go back and put QB2 in the lineup as he was projected to be highest scorer.

This is to keep the league active and competitive, as history dictates that out of 16 players we'll be lucky to finish with 8 active.

I don't 100% agree with how its handled but To be fair he was quite clear with his rules on the league. I will add for college you really dont have to log in over and over. I log in every Wednesday adjust my team and log out. Then I battle the "APP" which really isn't an app and make sure there is no late injury worries. College teams usually pull players from games 24 hours before hand. Any doubt and they usually dont play unless they are SEC :pac:

Either way such a shame the league is gone. So much sand in nether regions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Agh this is dissappointing I was really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

brinty wrote: »
    Agh this is dissappointing I was really enjoying it

Yeah same, was great for keeping an interest in the college season :(

Well there's only rule I asked people to follow and nobody had any issue with it a month ago. So I'm not going to take abuse from the people who fell foul of that rule.

I only wanted to avoid the problems that plagued our old leagues where people weren't setting lineups and matchups affected as a result.

I understand where you are coming from as regards the old leagues.
    This was different though. There was a hurricane and games called off midweek.
    Like people have lives and cannot be expected to log in every day.
    The other thing is that people use their phones these days and the app is awful.
    I spend a lot if time on boards and seen your post, only for that I'd have had Gary Jennings jnr in my lineup until Saturday.

Also if you were unhappy about things you could have offered to hand over the running of things to somebody else. It's very childish to just delete the league.

I'm really not interested in discussing it further and don't care what people think any more.

I outlined one rule at the start - and again, no one objected to it. Not a peep out of anyone. And then as soon as I enforced that rule, I started getting personal abuse and people quitting out of protest to the point that there was only 9 teams left.

I never asked that people log in every day. Once a week is fine to set your lineup. All you have to do is log in before kickoff on Saturday and set your team. The postponed teams' players never locked, so you could have replaced them at any time - even up to 3am on Saturday night when the last games were kicking off, you still had time to replace them.

I tried to be helpful when letting people know in this thread that players were on their bye or their games were postponed, and then I get that thrown back at me as "creepy warnings" :rolleyes:

And if we want to label people childish, how about the guy who logged in before I removed him as owner and dropped all his players to the waiver wire out of spite and to make my job more difficult? That was the last straw for me. I tried to run a league that avoided the same problems we had every single other year we had a CFF league on Boards, but apparently that makes me someone on a "high horse", on a "power trip" and posting "creepy warnings" according to some of the participants.

So fúck that, why would I continue to have anything to do with the league? I'm done with it, and I'm done with discussing it too.

And it's all fine for you to feel that way but some of us invested a lot of time in the league and would have liked to continue on but you took that option away from us. You never thought of the guys who did adjust their lineups when you deleted the league.

• Advertisement
Advertisement