Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade cab pickup/shipping UK->IE - anyone with experience/recommend someone?

Options
  • 18-05-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Might have found a DinoKing cab (or 2) - while the seller will pack for shipping, I'd need to get a shipping company to pick'em up.
    Anyone with experience of getting a shipping company to pickup a cab in the UK for delivery to Ireland/Dublin? Recommendations and ball park costs?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Might have found a DinoKing cab (or 2) - while the seller will pack for shipping, I'd need to get a shipping company to pick'em up.
    Anyone with experience of getting a shipping company to pickup a cab in the UK for delivery to Ireland/Dublin? Recommendations and ball park costs?

You sister's husband works for DHL!
    He has an allowance for shipping stuff for nothing!
    Give him a shout, he brought a car axle in for me a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You sister's husband works for DHL!
    He has an allowance for shipping stuff for nothing!
    Give him a shout, he brought a car axle in for me a while ago

Yup but don't want to use/abuse - will see if there are other options first :)

Shiply or Transland

200/250e

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yup but don't want to use/abuse - will see if there are other options first :)

Ah, he won't mind, I only asked him for the one favour and that was four years ago.
    And you'll save a fortune.
    You'd have to pick it up from their depot though.

try 'TLXBET' on shiply, they brought both mine over.. around 120gbp each iirc. Philip was the guys name I dealth with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Shiply or Transland

200/250e

used transland a good bit . definitely recommend them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hales freight. Ask for Ian. Been using him for years for motor parts. I think he does a palet for around 80 depending where in the UK it is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Rent a van - worth it for the road trip

Thanks folks for the direction folks!

Brother in-law - they don't allow it anymore, stopped it last year

Rent a van - not an option unfortunately, too much on plate at the moment :(

Shiply - some crazy quotes coming in, will see if something more sensible comes up. Can't message folks direct (like TLXBET) on the site from what I can see :(

Asking if the seller could pop the 1or2 on a pallet and pallet wrap the crap out of them. Had an Atomiswave shipped to me like that before and it was grand.

Transland - very good prices, think it might hinge on them being on a pallet?

Hales freight - will tap them if Transland doesn't work

yeah if going with a company you definitely need the seller to have it strapped on a pallet. Had a couple of deals fall through because the seller didn't' want the hassle of finding a pallet and straps. it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭PaulPriest

http://kennedymovers.com/removals-ireland-uk/

These guys shipped my house contents, including putting my Blast City on a palette and wrapping, plus storing in climate controlled env for 6 months in Waterford. This was in 2012-13.

They were great guys, and do regular trips.

No idea about the price though. Might as well ask them for a quotation.

Anyone interested in a DinoKing for €500~?

What's the conversion job like on those?
    New CP for starters!

Very easy, lots of room once there stripped.. Also thanks to sega for all the cable holders makes it a doddle to keep tidy. Virtvic on ukvac makes replacement panels to specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Have a cab on the way from UK. If it all goes well I'll let you know the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I've gotten and shipped pins from UK.

I used TPN and rang my local dealer for them. Worked out good. But a pallet is a must. Most shipping places won't bother if they are not on a pallet. Too much hassle and lifting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

There used to be a lot of "man and a van" going back and forth before might be worth a look if seller cant /wont palletise.

No going back now - pallet pick up booked and cabs paid for. Sure, what could go wrong?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Pallet 100% best way to go when getting anything imported IMO

Pallet 100% best way to go when getting anything imported IMO

Yup, quickly realised that palletising was the only option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Are these converted cabs or original with the cardboard cards etc? Or am i getting them mixed up with another machine?

Vanilla machines, to be converted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If you manage to get a spare one please let me know !!

Yup, hopefully they don't die in transit :)

Cabs wrapped up (way better than I expected tbh) and ready for shipping, fingers crossed!
    452174.jpeg

So....What are they!!!!

So....What are they!!!!

Was sure I mentioned it before (I did in the first post!) its
    2x DinoKing cabs

Was sure I mentioned it before (I did in the first post!) its
    2x DinoKing cabs

:cool:

I want one but I'm not buying atm (mostly......)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can't wait to see how these turn out, any plans for them yet?

• Advertisement

nice . these both for ya ?

Advertisement