Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony bravia alexa intergration

Options
  • 13-11-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

i was excited on the update new from sony:

so its happened on the last firmware update on latest sony TV's in Europe

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/143583

has anyone got this to work?

the skill is available but the tv app is not showing for me

i have a xe90

i was on to sony but they say uk only AHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I didn't get it going. I lost 15 minutes on it.

I stopped. I think all I have to do is get the apk on to a USB key

For some Reason es file share falls over on my Sony. This is how others are side loading Google Assistant.

They've taken a port from the shield that many have running on Androids TV's. Not just the ones sony named.

I'll get to it later

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Stoner wrote: »
    I didn't get it going. I lost 15 minutes on it.

I stopped. I think all I have to do is get the apk on to a USB key

For some Reason es file share falls over on my Sony. This is how others are side loading Google Assistant.

They've taken a port from the shield that many have running on Androids TV's. Not just the ones sony named.

I'll get to it later

do you have the apk for the tv app?

"TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa "

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

do you have the apk for the tv app?

Sorry Danielle, I got mixed up .

I was talking about home Assistant from Google, went live on certain Sony tvs last month guys have the shield version , side loading it via es file share once that devices are on the same lan.

Altough you asked for Alexa. Would home Assistant give you pretty much the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

For people with a "non compatible TV"

https://github.com/alisalama/echo-sony-bravia

I've got a Sony Bravia KD49XD7005 purchased this year which isn't on the list.

I'm going to give this a go later this week.

That's a serious workaround

I was told by sony today that's it's a UK only feature.

Do they block features basession in ip addrese ?

Seems crazy

• Advertisement

My Sony TV ,not on the list is appearing as a Google Assistant device on my Google home app.

I couldn't get es file explorer working but thankfully I found another app

So I popped Dropbox on, then added a side loader menu.

I popped Google chrome and the Nvidia shield build onto my Android TV.

So I can cast Netflix to a tv with a Chromecast Attached.

Although the sony tv has a built-in Chromecasts, it's now recognised as an Android TV so it now tells me it Netflix can't cast to Android TV yet.

YouTube, Google photos and Spotify work.

I've a Google home near the tv, When I say ok Google the tv volume drops to level 1 temporarily, that's handy.

But apart from that I haven't been successful in getting the TV assistant to work to turn on lights etc

I'll give it a try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

can you switch on or off and volume on the tv?

The alexa setup app appeared on my Sony Bravia KD49XD7005.

I link the accounts but alexa cannot "discover" my TV (it can discover all my other smart hue stuff, Hue bulbs, SONOS, other echos).

Anyone else getting the same?

I've tried different google accounts, enabled access to less secure apps on the google account as a test.
    UPnP is enabled on the router....

Running out of ideas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm late to the game here. Has anyone tried to restore the TV to factory settings, then download firmware etc through a UK VPN and hook it up that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

davo2001 wrote: »

I link the accounts but alexa cannot "discover" my TV (it can discover all my other smart hue stuff, Hue bulbs, SONOS, other echos).

I've tried different google accounts, enabled access to less secure apps on the google account as a test.

Would you be able to share the apk, using apk extractor?

• Advertisement

Would love if someone could extract the apk..

I have so many side loaded apps I really don't want to install the update again ..

But iF I get this working it will free up a smartplug.

Are you base in Ireland. ?

Do you use a vpn to get the firmware ?

Are you base in Ireland. ?

Do you use a vpn to get the firmware ?

Based in Ireland, I don't use a VPN so assumed it was just avaialble here.

Contacted Alexa support about the issue and the first thing they said was

"This feature isn't available in your area"

I then asked them why it had appeared as an option on the TV in the first place if it isn't avaialble to which she responded:

"This feature isn;t supported in your area".

FFS :rolleyes:

Based in Ireland, I don't use a VPN so assumed it was just avaialble here.

Contacted Alexa support about the issue and the first thing they said was

"This feature isn't available in your area"

I then asked them why it had appeared as an option on the TV in the first place if it isn't avaialble to which she responded:

"This feature isn;t supported in your area".

FFS :rolleyes:

did u try and link them from the app or from the online portal, i have found the website finds new devices, and the app wont, especially netatmo and yeelight

could you get the app from the TV for us all? ;-)

did u try and link them from the app or from the online portal, i have found the website finds new devices, and the app wont, especially netatmo and yeelight

could you get the app from the TV for us all? ;-)

Is it possible you havent the latest Alexa app installed? The yeelights worked fine after I moved them out of the China served, using the app.

Would be really nice to have the sony apk, but I can't find it anywhere online. I wonder if it isnt possible to extract?

Anyone got a link to the latest .apk for the Alexa app? I can extract the setup apk from the TV later this week.

Anyone got a link to the latest .apk for the Alexa app? I can extract the setup apk from the TV later this week.

2.2.317 [url]]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eSUiTZcNg7C9k1RtUfKvHHD31LeyozO7/view?usp=drivesdk[/url]

2.2.648 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kf8hwTdKRkye_qs2u8L5uYbOmNX9eelL/view?usp=drivesdk

Did u get the bravia alexia apk by any chance ?

Sorry for the delay lads, should be able to get the .apk extracted tomorrow.

In the mean time the Sony Android TV skill seems to have been removed for Irish customers.

Sorry for the delay lads, should be able to get the .apk extracted tomorrow.

In the mean time the Sony Android TV skill seems to have been removed for Irish customers.

Strange alexia is now available in Ireland so I would have thought the tv app would have been available

• Advertisement

Did you get the apk extracted yet ?

I believe he was referring the skill. I just set my address to a UK one and got the skill back. I would still love to have the sony apk, even if it was to prove that is not working either :)

But already lost my hope, hopefully Sony will make it available in Ireland soon as well as UK.

Got a workaround, though, using homeassistant. Which most likely will be my way to go any way

• Registered Users Posts: 2 alexaman

The apk file was uploaded on a reddit article on this subject yesterday, didn’t work for me though, looks like it still gets blocked due to location.

alexaman wrote: »
    The apk file was uploaded on a reddit article on this subject yesterday, didn’t work for me though, looks like it still gets blocked due to location.

Same for me. I wonder would a full reset of the tv on a vpn work? I tries to do an install on a UK Ip and no luck.

This is getting frustrstiing

any luck with this .... considering amazon echo is available in ireland.
    would we get alexa on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanPammer

I installed Amazon Alexa app on TV via link posted earlier

Not sure why I thought that might help!

Can’t find setup APK anywhere

Sony ireland has just released an update. Alexia intergration at last !!!!

Sony ireland has just released an update. Alexia intergration at last !!!!

oh cool..
    i have been using it for basic tv functions
    i had to use vpn to change country to UK and reset tv and install the alexa app on tv

I got an update on Thursday on mine. Voice assistance added.

I didn't read into it further.

Is there a link to the additions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

About this download
    Benefits and improvements from the latest update
    Improves picture brightness in a specific set of circumstances
    Improved compatibility with the Home Theatre Control app
    Supports UHD HDR for BBC iPlayer Live Streaming
    Updates the YouTube, Gracenote and Web Browser app logos
    Removes the Media share functionality from a smartphone (MTP function)
    Removes the PhotoShare Plus function
    Removes the marking functionality on programme guide/Content Bar
    Previous Benefits and Improvements
    The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.

Introduces the ability to add new apps to “My Apps” on the Content Bar
    Improves the user experience when registering favourite channels using the Content Bar
    Improves the software update confirmation screen
    Reduces the time it takes for audio output to be heard from the Sound Bar when switching the TV on from standby
    Resolves an issue where the brightness decreases every time HDR content is played
    Resolves an issue where SDR content flashes/flickers while the TV's HDR setting is set to "Auto"
    Resolves an issue where lip sync error occurs when the Sound Bar is connected to the TV via HDMI (only XE94, XE93 and A1 series)
    Dolby Vision content is supported for video streaming apps/services installed on the TV such as Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. (ZD9, XE94, XE93 and A1 only)*
    *Selected Sony TVs (ZD9, XE94, XE93 and A1 Series) support Dolby Vision with the software update which was rolled out in Europe in April, 2018. To enjoy Dolby Vision content, the video streaming app/service must support Dolby Vision. For more information, please contact the app/service provider. In addition, after the Sony TV receives the software update, devices with Dolby Vision playback (such streaming media players and UHD Blu-ray players) that are connected to the Sony TV by HDMI will also require a software update to support Dolby Vision playback through the device. For more information on the timing of an update to a particular player, please contact the player’s manufacturer.
    Voice search UI has changed
    You can search content while viewing the screen. Press the [↑] button on the remote control to show all of the search results. Then scroll through the categories using the directional buttons.
    Resolves an issue where the following message appears: "Samba Services Manager has stopped"
    Resolves an issue where audio on TV speaker echoes when connected to Bluetooth headphones
    Resolves Amazon Prime Video playback issue where the video freezes and lip sync error occurs
    Resolves an issue where home audio amplifier does not switch input automatically to TV input when using "BRAVIA Sync Control" function
    Resolves an issue where the TV input selector does not switch to HDMI connected player automatically when using the "One-Touch Play" feature
    Resolves an issue where videos from NPO’s HbbTV app cannot be played (The Netherlands only)
    Resolves an issue where sound continues to be heard from the Sound Bar after turning off the TV via the remote control
    Introduces How-to videos in the BRAVIA Recommendations shelf
    Introduces compatibility with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices (UK only)
    Improves TV response time when using the remote control
    Improves user experience when setting up Samba TV service
    Resolves YouTube 4K playback issue (2,560 x 1,440 resolution or higher)
    Resolves an issue where the TV turns on by itself from standby mode
    This firmware update introduces Android Nougat to Sony's Android TV and supports:
    Picture-in-Picture mode
    Half-screen settings mode
    Task-switching (quickly access recently used apps)
    Multiple Google accounts
    Google Cast 4K content via built-in Chromecast
    Ability to switch to TV viewing mode from Home menu with PROG +/- or number buttons
    Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) HDR content
    Voice search web browser functionality
    Improved category list design
    Improved Wi-Fi password input screen
    A2DP (Bluetooth headphone) functionality (Applicable for A1, XE94, XE93, XE90, and XE85 Series)
    New sound setting (Dialogue mode) (Applicable for A1, XE94, XE93, XE90, XE85, XE83, and XE80 Series)
    NOTE: For more information on the features and improvements, please go to:http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/welcome-to-android-nougat.
    Improved channel sorting

Advertisement