Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show 2017

Options
  • 23-10-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know I'm early with the thread. :)

As of this morning, you can apply for audience tickets online for this years show.

Good luck if you're going for it!
    You must complete the form below to apply for The Late Late Toy Show tickets. Multiple applications will be disqualified. Applications are kept on file for Toy Show 2017 only.

We like to know a little about our audience guests, so please do your best to answer the questions asked and any information provided will be treated as private and confidential.

https://www.rte.ie/latelatetoyshow/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Well I just completed the annual tradition of wasting my time completing the application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Do they still have the token 'Ah here you' chisler from the liberties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Mr E wrote: »
    As of this morning, you can apply for audience tickets online for this years show.

That would mean missing the annual Late Late Toy Show thread.

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newgirlpp

I have also entered.... Anybody know anyone who has even been to the Toy Show? I don't think I do.

Expected numbers applying: 150,000

Numbers applied so far: 80,000 +

Number of seats available: 200.

I assume everyone will look for the max 2 tickets per application so that's 100 2-seat options available- so your odds are 1500/1

if the 150,000 are made up of both people applying for the tickets, then 2 chances @ 1500/1

Best of luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Billy Barrie Kids were THE child entertainers on the Toy Show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This Toy Show from Tubridy will be the only one from now on.

TV3 have pulled their version off the air because of low advertising revenue.

https://www.buzz.ie/movies-tv/tv3-cancelled-years-christmas-toy-show-259305

So that's the competition gone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,941 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think calling them competition is being generous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

branie2 wrote: »
    The Billy Barrie Kids were THE child entertainers on the Toy Show

They got the elbow for Twink's shower, up until Twink's drama school went belly up, then the Billie Barrie's were asked back.
    It's such a closed shop that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

The toy show hasnt been worth watching for 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,797 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who will top Dermot Bannon as a guest this year :P Francis Brennan?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,350 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Only a week to go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 claiire_f123

Any one any luck with tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

No :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also no :(

I think we have to collect them at RTE reception on Friday and that's why we haven't receiived them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Wild Atlantic Gal

Any one any luck with tickets?

When do they let people know if they are successful with tickets or not? I’d assume I’d have heard by now if I was gettin then?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

When do they let people know if they are successful with tickets or not? I’d assume I’d have heard by now if I was gettin then?!

Yep I think it's usually no later than the Monday before the show. So our chance has come and gone.

• Advertisement

And got an email saying just that.
    Thank you for your interest in The Late Late Toy Show tickets!

Tickets have been filled, and invited audience members have been contacted...but that doesn't mean they'll have all the fun! Check out our Late Late Toy Show sneak preview to get in the Toy Show spririt, and join us this Friday on RTÉ One or RTÉ Player at 9:35 pm to watch the most anticipated Christmas special of the year

Though wait! They said the members have been contacted and thenh they contact me...so does that mean I'm one of the invited? Am I in denial?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

The one reason to pay the TV license to RTE is almost upon us :P

Kicking this thread off to ask what are your fond memories of the show? Asking kids to review things is usually amusing - 10/10s for many things or very harsh docking of points.

But this gem was posted over in the Gaming forum too. So much cringe!

https://twitter.com/Hit_The_Snake/status/935862788412592128

The Late Late Toy Show on RTÉ One at 9.35pm on Friday, December 1. Have the hot chocolate and sweet tins ready!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dustin to gatecrash and declare his interest in running for President next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

Jesus, I can't even bear to watch the Lara Croft video. It was bad enough the first time all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,350 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan On Morning Ireland just now, hinting at a Little Mermaid ‘Under The Sea’ theme. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would it hurt them to have a Christmas theme for a change?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That RTE player is going to crash so hard, there'll be smoke coming out of the server (and subsequently out of Twitter from ex-pats).

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

Loughc wrote: »
    Would it hurt them to have a Christmas theme for a change?

how about not haveing a silly theme and just having a toy show like Gay did. PLEASE GAY PPLEEEEEEASSSSSE COME BACK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Nothing says Christmas quite like The Little Mermaid.

Advertisement