Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elephone p7000 $159 on preorder

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Keith186 wrote: »
    Think I will pass on this phone but see if it lives up to expectations, and I'd it does, then get the dual OS one.
    Seen a comment on a site about them making up specs about previous phones then being caught lying after release.

Dual OS isn't definitely confirmed for that, still mention of it being one or the other OS but not both.

Yup, they "might" be able to make the phone well. But their marketing etc is a bit "new - armature".

THIS is about their as yet unnamed dual OS phone. Surely that should be their flagship model (if it comes out this year that is)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

GBX wrote: »
    The presale will only have a certain amount available. AFAIK you buy at the $229 and if you're lucky you get the presale price, if not you pay the higher price.

Where did you see that ? I'll buy this at 159 but not 229 on the hope I'll only get billed 159...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭GBX

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Where did you see that ? I'll buy this at 159 but not 229 on the hope I'll only get billed 159...

From the p7000 site and http://www.gizchina.com/2015/04/24/elephone-p7000-159-99-flash-sale-reservation-starts-tomorrow/

Could be wrong but I doubt they would sell loads at $159 straight off the bat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

From the p7000 site and http://www.gizchina.com/2015/04/24/elephone-p7000-159-99-flash-sale-reservation-starts-tomorrow/

Could be wrong but I doubt they would sell loads at $159 straight off the bat.
    It seems to me that selling below cost could be a way of establishing yourself in the smartphone market without the budget of Apple / Samsung / LG etc. for marketing. Wait until we see the cost of the One Plus Two...

I'm still trying to decide whether to take the risk of ordering at the hope of getting it for 146 EUR or so (cheaper price without customs) or 250 EUR (if you get the higher cost and get hit with customs). For 146 it should be a bargain, for 250 not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I gave my email and chose pandawill earlier. Didn't have to order or pay etc.

Just got this in an email. Looks like you then get into the pot to be in the flash sale where I think it will be first come first serve, not entirely sure though.

"Dear customer:
    You have successfully reserved for the “P7000 $159.99 flash sale event” on Elephone official website, the event starts at 17:00(UTC+08:00) on May11, 2015. Then you can participate in the limited flash sale with your email ???????@gmail.com. Thanks for your support."

I gave my email and chose pandawill earlier. Didn't have to order or pay etc.

Just got this in an email. Looks like you then get into the pot to be in the flash sale where I think it will be first come first serve, not entirely sure though.

"Dear customer:
    You have successfully reserved for the “P7000 $159.99 flash sale event” on Elephone official website, the event starts at 17:00(UTC+08:00) on May11, 2015. Then you can participate in the limited flash sale with your email ???????@gmail.com. Thanks for your support."

Do you have to pay to reserve?

Do you have to pay to reserve?

No didn't have to pay. Accidently closed the browser window so not sure what was loading! Got the email anyway. Tried it again with a made up email for pandawill when it loaded their page it says sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

No didn't have to pay. Accidently closed the browser window so not sure what was loading! Got the email anyway. Tried it again with a made up email for pandawill when it loaded their page it says sold out.

From what I can tell, in order to get the 159 price upfront, you need to have en "elecode" emailed to you...I didn't get one , did you ?

• Advertisement

cojomo2 wrote: »
    From what I can tell, in order to get the 159 price upfront, you need to have en "elecode" emailed to you...I didn't get one , did you ?
    No code in email. Just says you can participate with your email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I've signed up 3 times twice on Saturday about half hour after it went live, the site crashed straight after the clocked ticked too zero and once yesterday no email from them for confirmation. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

A lot of the emails are ending up in spam/junk folders.

T-Bird wrote: »
    A lot of the emails are ending up in spam/junk folders.

I'm in. :D

Forgot about junk, only one found. The first one I used buying through elephone site, GB and pandawill gave me nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

This was on one of the "agents" websites

Pre-order $229.99 is the normal price, for $159.99 Special event in 10th May,
    it is just limited quantity 20pcs, good luck to you.

It seems to me that selling below cost could be a way of establishing yourself in the smartphone market without the budget of Apple / Samsung / LG etc. for marketing. Wait until we see the cost of the One Plus Two...

Its possible but this is not their first phone. They are an established brand already, albeit in Asia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

have my name in for one, lets see what happens may 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,710 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

it is just limited quantity 20pcs

Where did you see that?

If have no intention at all to pay $230 for this phone (plus VAT and import duty), but for $160 (plus VAT but no import duty) it's a steal

unkel wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

If have no intention at all to pay $230 for this phone (plus VAT and import duty), but for $160 (plus VAT but no import duty) it's a steal

Given that "62884 people reserved already" .. you (and I) will be doing well to get one. I'd imagine some of the retailers have been given a quota - IE 20. And like I posted, I think its paying up front for the phone at $220 and if lucky you get the discount code.

You imagine and think a good bit there :p

You might very well be right. I for one would not pay $230 up front for this phone (and the rest!!!) and hope to be lucky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Where did you see that?

Green save I think ! I stopped right there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Anyone tell me what the story is with this phone? On the website the ticker has the countdown ended in a couple of days. Is it available at the introductory price on the first day of sale for the 159.99? I didn't fill out a reservation thing does that mean I can't buy one one the sale day?

It says I can pre-register till the 8th but I can't see the link to fill out the form. Am I missing something stupid or does it mean before the 8th and I am too late?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This sale is on today it seems... did anyone get an ELE code or whats the story with this? I got an email telling me to order and then tell customer service who will reduce the phone to $159

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Tinie wrote: »
    This sale is on today it seems... did anyone get an ELE code or whats the story with this? I got an email telling me to order and then tell customer service who will reduce the phone to $159

Order IF you get an ELE code. Otherwise they won't reduce it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I didn't get an ELE code in the first email i got from them and I got this from them today...

"Dear customer:
    Thanks for your support and concern on our products. You have a reservation for ELEPHONE P7000 Limited flash sale event, which begins at 5 p.m (UTC+8) on May 11th 2015. This activity has over 1600000 customers participated. Please open the activity page before 5p.m on May 11th 2015 and wait for it to start in order to get more chances to get ELE code.

Activity starts at: 5p.m May 11th 2015 (UTC+8)
    Address: http://www.elephone.hk

Same as .. on the elephone page its counting down to "snapup" time. Gonna try click that and see how far I get in trying for the lower price ..
    signostic wrote: »
    I didn't get an ELE code in the first email i got from them and I got this from them today...

"Dear customer:
    Thanks for your support and concern on our products. You have a reservation for ELEPHONE P7000 Limited flash sale event, which begins at 5 p.m (UTC+8) on May 11th 2015. This activity has over 1600000 customers participated. Please open the activity page before 5p.m on May 11th 2015 and wait for it to start in order to get more chances to get ELE code.

"Dear customer:

Same, I got no code either and cant see one on the website.

Waiting patiently ...

"
    System Queueing

There are too many people at the moment, please wait patiently..."

Still tempted to buy it even at the normal price if I don't get the lower

Waiting patiently ...

"
    System Queueing

From my reading of the pre sale stuff. It will be sold at the lower price one day a week for the next few. That could be wrong as their website for this phone promotion is very confusing overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

Anyone manage to get past the queuing part!!!!😴

• Advertisement

daz76 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get past the queuing part!!!!😴

Not yet .. none of us might at all. 160000 people are in that queue - maybe (hopefully) less if some people have got their timing wrong! :D

From a previous poster....

The phone costs less than €150 shipped which means no import duty is owed on it :)

VAT is payable though @23% plus there might be an admin charge (I was charged €6 iirc the one and only time I got stung importing a tablet from china)

So worst case scenario this phone costs €187 landed. Less than half of what the oneplus one costs landed...
    Waiting patiently ...

"
    System Queueing

From my reading of the pre sale stuff. It will be sold at the lower price one day a week for the next few. That could be wrong as their website for this phone promotion is very confusing overall.

Elephone P7000 Limited flash sale without reservation, limited P7000 will be sold at 159.99 USD on every Wednesday
    http://www.elephone.hk/MerchantSnapActivity.html

Elephone P7000 Limited flash sale without reservation, limited P7000 will be sold at 159.99 USD on every Wednesday

I imagine that limited stock will be gone within seconds every wednesday however.

Tinie wrote: »
    I imagine that limited stock will be gone within seconds every wednesday however.

Possibly .. but even if we don't get it today, I will take a chance on Wednesday.

Possibly .. but even if we don't get it today, I will take a chance on Wednesday.

new countdown has begun..

new countdown has begun..

Oh well. Will try again then. Im in no hurry for a new phone so not upset I didn't get an order in yet.

Running CM12.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

not as snappy as I was expecting for an octacore phone with 3g ram. Any other hands on reviews around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

skeg16 wrote: »
    not as snappy as I was expecting for an octacore phone with 3g ram. Any other hands on reviews around?

People here didn't need reviews

whats the story today - havent managed to pay for one @ 159

Not on sale in all retailers yet. Spread across a few hours. According to Elephone.hk there are 15000 on sale this morning. There was only 9000 on the first sale.

the last shop they had up had it marked as 159 but was charging 229 - will wait for the next shop to release

I didn't go through that link, but looked on another site and they had 2 options one for 229 and lower down the page for 159.

lots of shops coming online now. fingers crossed

• Advertisement

mjquinno wrote: »
    the last shop they had up had it marked as 159 but was charging 229 - will wait for the next shop to release
    They all seem to do that, WTF?

Anyone get it for $160?

still havent been able to get one... all shop still have it at 229

They all seem to do that, WTF?

Once this sale is gone, which nobody seems to have stock on, they will just delete the listings for the lower priced and keep the higher priced ones listed.

It's probably a case of each retailer only having a handful even at this price. If anything they are marketing it very well and will be a popular phone and hopefully lower the cost in the coming weeks! If I don't get one at the lower price I wont be too upset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement