Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsdirect 20% off code Irish Site - (ie.sportsdirect.com)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Stay well clear.

Ordered four pairs of jocks. Only one was right.
    One had the security tag attached, the other was the wrong colour and too big and the other one was the wrong colour. This is what your can expect

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Einstein? wrote: »
    I clicked on track my order, DHL pops up and it says

Shipment information received, 31st Dec

Order placed on 28th Dec.

Do they deliver on Weekends does anybody know? Also do they call the phone number provided? I've placed my work address for delivery and not sure if there's gonna be porters available to collect.

Thanks a million for this tip, I just checked my order there and it's in Dublin since 19:40, well Transferred Through, hopefully it'll be here by the weekend as it's my birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭INPUT INNPUT

adam88 wrote: »
    Stay well clear.

Ordered four pairs of jocks. Only one was right.
    One had the security tag attached, the other was the wrong colour and too big and the other one was the wrong colour. This is what your can expect

pffffft

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Got my order today everything is fine with exception to a pair of runners I ordered in size 9 , they sent me size 8 even though the box says 9! Is there anywhere in Ireland I can bring them to change for correct size ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

When you're buying online you have to accept that if you want to check things after you buy it you might have to delay, for example, if you buy a pair of shoes in a shop, say you'll take size 9, check the box in the bag, bring them home and then try them on to discover they are only a size 8, you have to go back to the shop to return them, with the internet you have to post things back to get a refund/replacement, probably 1 of the reasons there's a difference in price between internet and shop prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Thewife wrote: »
    Got my order today everything is fine with exception to a pair of runners I ordered in size 9 , they sent me size 8 even though the box says 9! Is there anywhere in Ireland I can bring them to change for correct size ?

I had that issue before, I sent them an email and they sent me the price of postage so I could return them.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Clareman wrote: »
    Thanks a million for this tip, I just checked my order there and it's in Dublin since 19:40, well Transferred Through, hopefully it'll be here by the weekend as it's my birthday present.

Happy New Year.

Did yours by any chance originate from Leeds UK? My parcel is still stuck there apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Placed an order using IRE20 the discount was shown before I checked out. I saw an email confirming my order which I didn't check until this evening but the discount doesn't appear here!! Nothing has gone through on my CC but I only ordered Dec 30. Order is showing on their system as waiting for Courier collection. Anyone experience the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I've put in 3 orders with with the discount code too and when I went back in to my orders, I couldn't see that the discount was applied to any of them.
    I emailed them to confirm, and they said that the code was only applied to one!
    I asked them to refund/credit my account and they said no.

Not happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

samhail wrote: »
    I've put in 3 orders with with the discount code too and when I went back in to my orders, I couldn't see that the discount was applied to any of them.

Not happy with them.

Never heard a complaint about them till they opened their dedicated Irish site.

• Advertisement

Einstein? wrote: »
    Happy New Year.

Did yours by any chance originate from Leeds UK? My parcel is still stuck there apparently.

Yup, Leeds, below is the full breakdown of the journey
    Friday, January 02, 2015 Location Time Pieces
    7 Delivered - Signed for by : Clareman Ennis 11:25
    1 Pieces
    6 With delivery courier SHANNON - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:54
    1 Pieces
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 Location Time Pieces
    5 Transferred through DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 19:40
    1 Pieces
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 19:15
    1 Pieces
    3 Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 06:37
    1 Pieces
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 Location Time Pieces
    2 Processed at GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 23:46
    1 Pieces
    Monday, December 29, 2014 Location Time Pieces
    1 Shipment information received LEEDS - UK 00:00

Yup, Leeds, below is the full breakdown of the journey

Almost here I guess. Perhaps it'll arrive on Monday.
    Saturday, January 03, 2015 Location Time Pieces 3 Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 06:36 1 Pieces
    2 Processed at GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 00:15 1 Pieces
    Wednesday, December 31, 2014 Location Time Pieces 1 Shipment information received LEEDS - UK 00:00

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Package arrived and all spot on. Products delivered as ordered but have to return the hoodie as it is too big

Any experience of returns to Irish site?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Just posted on the website 20% off deal ends at midnight tomorrow 1st of Janaury.

I Placed an order just now & the Code Is Still Working:)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Yes got an email off them earlier with the code, not sure when its valid until.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Where do you enter the code?

EDIT
    Ah found it! bottom option on the payment screen in with the credit cards etc.

Worked for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

samhail wrote: »

Not happy with them.

did you hear anything back? the exact same happened to me, obviously im not happy at all either as there still advertising 20 % off sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

did you hear anything back? the exact same happened to me, obviously im not happy at all either as there still advertising 20 % off sale.

Nope... don't expect anything else to be honest.
    They don't seem to care about an online customer... and with the prices they have I'd be cutting off my own nose not using them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

So if the code applies and you go to the credit card charge they cannot legally charge you more so argue your case and they have to deal with you and charge you the quoted price.

Otherwise, it's like going to a shop and paying €100 by credit card and then you get your statement and the shop changed the amount to €125. Would you do something about this happening??? Of course you would.

At final checkout, you are agreeing to pay a certain price. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭crayon80

If you put in the code and continue shopping it may be gone when you go back to pay, I've often needed to put it in a few times.

• Advertisement

I'm not getting all the problem with Sportsdirect and their customer service, I've never had a problem with them, in fact there was a slight problem with a recent order (really something trivial) and they gave me £5 back as a good will gesture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 FF7 7777

I'm not getting all the problem with Sportsdirect and their customer service, I've never had a problem with them, in fact there was a slight problem with a recent order (really something trivial) and they gave me £5 back as a good will gesture.

Same here, great site and Customer Service. Though most of the complaints here are people expecting miracles with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Anyone else get overcharged on delivery fees?

Their website states that orders over €100 only have to pay €1 for delivery.

I spent well in excess of this and was charged €7 for delivery.

Emailed them to see about getting this €6 refunded and I got this response:
    The prices listed on the Help section of the website are the minimum delivery charges to which we endeavour to supply the best delivery charges to ALL our customers.

<http://www.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/etailfaqs/worldwidedeliverycosts>

These amounts are provided as estimates only and additional charges may be incurred dependent upon the size weight and value of the goods. The actual delivery charges will be calculated for you on the checkout pages prior to acceptance of your order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

bailey99 wrote: »
    So if the code applies and you go to the credit card charge they cannot legally charge you more so argue your case and they have to deal with you and charge you the quoted price.

Otherwise, it's like going to a shop and paying €100 by credit card and then you get your statement and the shop changed the amount to €125. Would you do something about this happening??? Of course you would.

At final checkout, you are agreeing to pay a certain price. End of.

No contract is formed till the goods are dispatched, just FYI.

However Long Distance Selling regulations means that they shouldn't have a leg to stand on regarding giving you your money back provided the goods are unused etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The code still works or at least did around 7pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 trilobite80

Still working on Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

I would like to say a BIG thanks to Sports Direct for sending me a pair of trainers with 2 odd trainers in the box....fecking idiots that work for them, thats the second time the fcuked up in a month with my order....:mad:

All items (10) arrived today. Very happy with the quality, and all for a bargain price of EUR 80. Considering I placed my order on the 28th, and it arriving today - I'm not too shabby. DHL did make a mistake though and so technically the order should have arrived earlier.

I'm a general L size, and all clothes fitted nicely. Thanks OP and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Code is still working, used it just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

The awkward moment when you've ordered earlier during the week thinking the code had expired and see everyone posting to say they have used the code.

Advertisement