Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsdirect 20% off code Irish Site - (ie.sportsdirect.com)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Well I placed an order with them on the 22nd at 10am and apart from the automatic acknowledgement of the order have not heard anything since. I do realise its the holiday season but placed an order with Wiggle yesterday and items dispatched today. Also money taken within a day of my order with SportsDirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Einstein? wrote: »
    I had a look on their facebook page as well. I've stacked up about 100 EUR worth of clothing, but the reviews are ALL negative. Poor people genuinely unhappy with their service, replying with how bad it is to every post made by SportsDirect on their FB page.

Perhaps the Irish service is better than in the UK? Or is it all under the same branch?

You're hardly gonna post to their facebook if everythings ok. Its only the disgruntled people that will be on there commenting.

Used them 5 or 6 times in the last few years, no problems. Last order was 2-3wks ago, arrived in like 4 days. Comfy boots too, well chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

...slight aside....

SportsWorld in Heatons seem to be the Irish version of a b&m SportsDirect...

I was in the Ballincollig store today. They have Umbro football/rugby boots @ half price 'til Jan 4th

Their site is down...

http://www.sportsworld.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

Used several times and never had a problem great prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

when should you get a confirmation email from SD, straight away after ordering along with the paypal one or after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Einstein? wrote: »
    Prices look amazing. However, never used this online store before.

Reviews don't look appetizing!
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.sportsdirect.com
    Anyone here with personal experience?

Check the product description before you buy. Even the brand names can be a polyester mix,dunno if they're made especially or are rebranded but would expect some of the products to be 100% cotton at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Code worked, cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Just placed my first order there, well over €400! Nice find OP, thanks! :D

I also got charged €7 for delivery, despite the website saying orders over €100 would only be charged €1.

Anyone have any success in getting the excess delivery fees refunded?

Btw, can anyone confirm that the goods are definitely coming from the UK? I won't have to pay any customs will I?

Thanks all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Still no despatch email,, been 2 days since o ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Never had a problem with them bar sometimes slow dispatch. A pair of boots cane with studs missing and they were very quick to send them on separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Moyglish wrote: »
    Just placed my first order there, well over €400! Nice find OP, thanks! :D

I also got charged €7 for delivery, despite the website saying orders over €100 would only be charged €1.

Anyone have any success in getting the excess delivery fees refunded?

Btw, can anyone confirm that the goods are definitely coming from the UK? I won't have to pay any customs will I?

Thanks all! :)

All come from the UK,usually arrive within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

dahat wrote: »

No despatch email received either but out of the blue my package arrived today.
    My order was placed on the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

pissed wrote: »
    No despatch email received either but out of the blue my package arrived today.
    My order was placed on the 22nd.

All good yeah?

I placed my order yesterday and no dispatch details sent, just auto confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭glaswegian

just bought a pair of boots.i went too far in the checkout looking for the place to enter the code and ended up buying without the discount.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

glaswegian wrote: »
    just bought a pair of boots.i went too far in the checkout looking for the place to enter the code and ended up buying without the discount.

Cancel straight away and reorder

how do i cancel?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

how do i cancel?

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/CustomerServices/ExistingOrders/CancellingYourOrder

They should get back to you fairly soon after

tried this,filled out the form entered my name,entered my e mail address,computer says no,doesn't recognise e mails from hotmail any morei have to open some other kinda e mail account,but i havent the know how or the patience,so i'll take take the hit and pay the full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

tried this,filled out the form entered my name,entered my e mail address,computer says no,doesn't recognise e mails from hotmail any morei have to open some other kinda e mail account,but i havent the know how or the patience,so i'll take take the hit and pay the full whack.

Hotmail is Outlook now I think.
    Get emails from them on an Outlook account.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dahat wrote: »

My last two orders, both within last three weeks, I got no dispatched email, and on both occasions when I logged on to the SD website to check status of order after 4days, both times it said, awaiting pickup by courier, despite both orders been delivered to me later the same days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

batistuta9 wrote: »
    when should you get a confirmation email from SD, straight away after ordering along with the paypal one or after?

anyone? or how long does it usually take for them to take the money from paypal?

not sure if the order when through right as the stuff still shows in my bag but i got the order receipt from paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I've been getting things for over two years and never had an issue.

RE: Sizes.. If you have a SportsWorld near you check out sizes there it is the same company.

If i'd have known then as My brother got me a pair of these shoes in Heatons in NI but were a tight fit :( but heading back after New Year.

But i see a hell of a lot cheaper than in store as were £60 1/2 price down to £30 compared to £23.00/€27.60 even before the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I have emailed them re the overcharge on the delivery (ie being charged E7 instead of E1) - they came back and said they were not going to refund me but have responded with a link to the delivery charge information on the website and a screenshot of same.

Update
    - they have agreed to refund the difference:
    Please be advised on this occasion I have refunded the extra charged for the delivery, however this has since changed and should now show correct. We do not have any offers on at this point of delivery.
    However it is still showing as 1e for over 100 here so beware:
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/etailfaqs/worldwidedeliverycosts

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Still working. I just put in an order a few mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Kopy

Just placed an order and Code works fine.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My last two orders, both within last three weeks, I got no dispatched email, and on both occasions when I logged on to the SD website to check status of order after 4days, both times it said, awaiting pickup by courier, despite both orders been delivered to me later the same days.

Same as that, current order is in that state, but if you click track your order it brings you to the Dhl site and that has latest status on delivery

glineli wrote: »
    Same as that, current order is in that state, but if you click track your order it brings you to the Dhl site and that has latest status on delivery

My current order is still saying that and it has been delivered this morning😄

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

I clicked on track my order, DHL pops up and it says

Shipment information received, 31st Dec

Order placed on 28th Dec.

Do they deliver on Weekends does anybody know? Also do they call the phone number provided? I've placed my work address for delivery and not sure if there's gonna be porters available to collect.

Well they use DHL and I know down here in Waterford DHL don't tend to deliver at weekends, also, regarding calling beforehand, that depends on the driver, I sometimes get a call, but sometimes I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,425 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just posted on the website 20% off deal ends at midnight tomorrow 1st of Janaury.

Advertisement