Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientologists in Ireland cut "an 85% drop in drug-related crime"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

Who knew the soliciting of footpath personality tests could be so powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

That guy looks like a Ken doll...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

What a bunch of cults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Nutty as squirrel ****, the whole lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Sign me up Scotty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well, of course we'll accept that. I mean, it's not like Scientology goes around just making stuff up now, is it?

They also showed a video of an interview with Scientology at Ocean FM at one of their major Scientology conferences.

The whole thing was fake. Scientology claimed it was "re-enactment", even though no such interview ever took place.

http://www.oceanfm.ie/sp/article_manager/detail/ocean_fm_amazed_at_inclusion_in_scientology_video

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think they're a bunch of trolls to be honest. They love the media being interested in them. They make such ridiculous claims and get noticed. They're kind of dull though in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Great, fair play to them........if true of course.
    Now if they stopped bullying, brainwashing and financially scamming people it would be a great organisation altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Nanananananana Leader, nananananana Leader. Leader, Leader.... BATMAN!!! I mean Leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

He doesn't look anything like the beans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

but guys !! you can pay large sums of cash for super powers :eek: thats how they fight crime on the down low.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Who keeps back the electric car?
    Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
    We do, we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

In Scientology's case it literally is the big man in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Considering they believe that an alien lord brought billions of 'his' people to earth in spaceships that look like DC-8 aircraft and dropped them into volcanoes and killed them with hydrogen bombs... I'm going to go out on the limb and say that the article is bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Could he look anymore like an evil villain?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So those weird looking guys outside shops in Dublin over Christmas looking for money to fight the war on drugs weren't junkies after all they were Scientologists. Xenu be praised all heil Xenu.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Do they still do personality tests in dublin? Wouldn't mind doing one for the laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

How come David Miscavige has not been questioned about kidnapping, fraud, disappearances etc? Is it because he has friends in high places?
    Do they still qualify as a tax free religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

They took 85% of junkies money from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Speaking during a New Year's message to Scientologists, leader David Miscavige said the "Irish mission" is successful, while also calling Ireland a "land of both enduring beauty and beautiful sadness".

Dave McSavage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

All this rubbish was on Joey D earlier. Half of them should be in a mental hospital. Bunch of morons.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I did a college project on them... they do actually spend huge money on support projects in the cities they are based, mad as a bag of spiders, the lot of them, but they do some good with their charity work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I did a college project on them... they do actually spend huge money on support projects in the cities they are based, mad as a bag of spiders, the lot of them, but they do some good with their charity work

Money fleeced from their drones and their drones families.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Who keeps back the electric car?
    Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
    We do, we do.

Thats the Freemasons, you disinformation agent you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hold up a second, I thought there were no more Scientologists In Ireland, according to the last census. Were they all out of the country that week or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Americans again haw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Thats the Freemasons, you disinformation agent you!

Stonecutters you fool. .attach the rock of shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The guy pictured in the article has his Joseph Goebbels like pose down to a T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Do they still qualify as a tax free religion?
    Hold up a second, I thought there were no more Scientologists In Ireland, according to the last census. Were they all out of the country that week or something?

Their status varies from country to country.

From Wikipedia
    In Ireland, the Church of Scientology has not been successful in its attempts to obtain tax-free, charitable status.[34] Scientology maintains a mission in Dublin.

The above suggests that it's not a recognized religion, hence why there may be no census information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_status_by_country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Cienciano wrote: »
    Do they still do personality tests in dublin? Wouldn't mind doing one for the laugh
    They do, afaik.

If you do one, don't give them any real personal information. They'll hound you.

I thought the Ocean FM thing was hilarious. Clearly, they were just hoping no-one would notice.

Advertisement