So work continues.
I drew out the sides of the cab in cad (in metric) based on the jackobud plans.rumor has it his plans are too wide so will wait til I have the bezel and marquee before I even consider buying wood.
Anyway decided to laser cut out the sides (from cardboard)to make a stencil and get an idea of the size and........
I have half a carboard DK cab!
With side art
Its quite tidy actually.
On to the monitor.I was looking for something in the garage and found some transistors/diodes.I had ordered them ages ago and they were for a polo.
So in a moment of madness I pulled out that polo chassis I had.The one that was blowing fuses like a mad yoke.
4 new diodes in the rectifier and changed out the HOT transistor and another transistor (no idea what it does) and It sprung into life!
Well just about
There was blue fire coming from the Lopt.
with the screen flashing white the odd time so a new lopt is needed.
I bit the bullet and ordered one.40e via PM
Better be 100% perfect after that.
checked the monitor for fitment in the cab,looks good.should have plenty of space.Not sure of the correct angle yet.
(note my bitching cow skin rug
more to come!
(and yes,I am considering a full size carboard mock up