Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 42" SMART LED TV Built-in WiFi - 499€

Options
  • 25-12-2013 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

On sale from thursday @ harvey norman.
    TfJWy4f.jpg

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-42-smart-led-tv-42ln575v.html

LG 42" Full HD LED TV | 42LN575V

The LG 42" LED TV 42LN575V is a gorgeous Full HD 1080p panel that is stuffed with the latest features.

Built with Smart TV and WiFi, access to a whole range of web apps is just a click away. Browse the web, Tweet and share on Facebook while watching Netflix are just some of the possibilities when using Smart TV.

Product Features:

42" LED TV
    Full HD 1080p Resolution
    Smart TV
    Built-in WiFi
    Motion Clarity Index: 100Hz
    Voice Control via Magic Remote (Not included)
    Saorview Approved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Currys have the 42LN578V for €489 -- this iirc is effectively the same TV only with the magic remote included.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/LG-42LN578V-Smart-42-LED-TV/318143/6.9.3

So a tenner cheaper and with magic remote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Is it a good tv to get can you access rte player etc on it

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

zing wrote: »
    Currys have the 42LN578V for €489 -- this iirc is effectively the same TV only with the magic remote included.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/LG-42LN578V-Smart-42-LED-TV/318143/6.9.3

So a tenner cheaper and with magic remote
    thats even better.
    bri007 wrote: »
    Is it a good tv to get can you access rte player etc on it
    yea you should be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭tech

have a LN620 and you cant get the RTE player,

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tech wrote: »
    have a LN620 and you cant get the RTE player,
    Just wondering; what Android version is on it, and are you able to upgrade it? It mentions the app store, but not the version of Android, which I find odd...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It not android just a couple of there own apps and games. Only thing of use is Netflix really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I have the 55" version payed €900 via Amazon great tv picture one of the best I've ever seen but the sound is not that great you can have it up at 100% and can still not be shouting over it.there is an app free on iOS forget that magic remote, this is the best way to go its a dream to use that's the only down side is the sound 3 hdmi and 3 USB 4 would of been nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

fox007 wrote: »
    I have the 55" version payed €900 via Amazon great tv picture one of the best I've ever seen but the sound is not that great you can have it up at 100% and can still not be shouting over it.there is an app free on iOS forget that magic remote, this is the best way to go its a dream to use that's the only down side is the sound 3 hdmi and 3 USB 4 would of been nicer.

What's the name of the app, typing with remote is as world of pain

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

have a higher end 3d model but essentially the same TV with the same software installed I believe. It is a dream TV. Picture is great and there are expert settings to fine tune it (you can get good settings online but you may have to tweak them a bit to suit your room / panel)

As mentioned the sound is not great. An unfortunate downside of the low key bezel.But then again if you were that bothered about sound you probably have a sound system or at least a sound bar. Saying that the sound is not bad either it is just not that great. Will do fine as long as people aren't shouting over the tv.

The IOS / Android remote is very handy aswell. You can control all functions of the TV from it including launching apps directly instead of having to go into the interactive menu.

My model also has wifi / ethernet and you can stream to it. I personally have a plex server and it works a charm. Go in, pick the movie and viola it works. HD with DTS etc streams just fine without lag or deterioration of sound or video.

My model has plenty of I/O aswell. Lots of hdmi and anything else you need really.

If you need to know anymore let me know as my TV would be very similar with just a few more features. 3d being the biggest one.

lau1247 wrote: »
    What's the name of the app, typing with remote is as world of pain

android

ios

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Just a heads up but Argos have it for €469.99 but also have the 42LN613V for €20 more, seems like a better deal imo.....

Any have the 42LN613V model, how does it fair out?

LG 42LN575V €469.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9157899/c_1/1|category_root|Home%2Bentertainment%2Band%2Bsat%2Bnav|14419512/c_2/3|cat_19780832|Televisions|14419667.htm

LG 42LN613V €489.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1168381.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

NoelDoran wrote: »
    Just a heads up but Argos have it for €469.99 but also have the 42LN613V for €20 more, seems like a better deal imo.....

Any have the 42LN613V model, how does it fair out?

LG 42LN575V €469.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9157899/c_1/1|category_root|Home%2Bentertainment%2Band%2Bsat%2Bnav|14419512/c_2/3|cat_19780832|Televisions|14419667.htm

LG 42LN613V €489.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1168381.htm
    Good find. Not clear whether remote is included or not?
    Stand is not shown in pic dont know if it is included

Excluded from their 30 day money back guarantee!
    there must be a reason it is reduced everywhere!

Reckon I'd still take the 578V from currys over the 575V just for the bundled magic remote - unless that cna be had for a bargain somewhere.

The 613V would be very tempting though...

And there was me thinking I'd done well to get the 575V with magic remote for ~520 a couple of weeks ago. Oh well....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I have the 42LN578V, amazing picture but sound a little bit crap.

these are also fantastic TVs because the also have a satellite as well as a digital aerial tuner, Only issue I have is you cant merge the lineups from the aerial and sat feeds.

The magic remote is amazing, well worth a few extra quid.

Is the sound that bad that it would be worth buying a sound bar.the picture quality good on it and once can get the I player rte on it I am going to buy it

RTE player isint on the LG TV's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I picked up the LG 42LN5758 from Amazon.de during the Black Friday sales. Looks identical to the one in the opening post. Paid €407 including delivery. The SmartApp Store is pretty limited, no sign of RTE player. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Thanks ok might have to reconsider that now as I wanted the I player rte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

bri007 wrote: »
    Thanks ok might have to reconsider that now as I wanted the I player rte

Not sure if you can use the Browser and go to the RTE website and watch it that way, I never bothered trying.

Yeah I was thinking would that work,I do like the tv do,for the price and magic remote it's good deal

• Advertisement

it only half works in the browser, I think Samsung only have the RTE player app

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Can anyone who has the LG 42LN613V confirm if the tv can swivel on the stand? Due to the position of our tv it is a necessary requirement.

Plascebo wrote: »
    Can anyone who has the LG 42LN613V confirm if the tv can swivel on the stand? Due to the position of our tv it is a necessary requirement.

Appears to be the same stand as on the 42LN575V to yes it has a certain amount of swivel. Didn't really check how much as I didn't need to and got a tilt/swivel wall mount for it from Amazon and stuck it on the wall yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Electro city Kilkenny and Carlow(Euronics group) have the LG 42" smart led tv on Friday for €399. Says 5 per store, advertised in the Kilkenny people. Does not say model but on their website, they only sell the http://www.electrocity.ie/product/lg-42-42ln570v-smart-wi-fi-ready-led-tv/

Says it can be purchased online too. Starts 9am.

Could be a bargain for someone living near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Hey lads, could someone please tell me if this tv has that motion control option on it?

My dads tv has it and it is horrible, it makes everything look waxy, plus if you turn it off the picture judders every few minutes.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Hey lads, could someone please tell me if this tv has that motion control option on it?

My dads tv has it and it is horrible, it makes everything look waxy, plus if you turn it off the picture judders every few minutes.

It has it but mine does not judder if you turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm shopping for a TV myself and have been advised to avoid anything with a refresh rate of only 100Mhz. Makes no sense to me since the human eye only works at 40Hz, but there's plenty of deals to be found on TVs with 200Mhz or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Is it possible to stream the rte player from your laptop to the TV somehow?
    Newbie to Smart TV's and this could be the one to start with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

SQ2 wrote: »
    Is it possible to stream the rte player from your laptop to the TV somehow?
    Newbie to Smart TV's and this could be the one to start with :)

Just stream it on your laptop as normal & use a hdmi cable to connect to the t.v.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

I know you can do the cable connection, but thought it might be something you could do over the wifi from the comfort of your couch with a smart tv perhaps

Advertisement