Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    just because something is lawful does not mean it is right.... ?
    Wait .. you think it is lawful now!

That's fantastic progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

didnt ze blueshirts have this tax on the table before they got elected? wasnt that before they started saying the IMF made me do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

dvpower wrote: »
    Wait .. you think it is lawful now!

That's fantastic progress.
    sorry to disappoint....I said "just because SOMETHING is lawful doesn't mean that it is right"....I never said the hhc was lawful and personally I do not care whether it is or not..... the 'lawful' aspect is way down on my list of reasons for not paying the hhc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

bgrizzley wrote: »
    didnt ze blueshirts have this tax on the table before they got elected? wasnt that before they started saying the IMF made me do it?
    The bailout predates the election. FG didn't negotiate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

So......

Here you have it.

Impending property tax to be 'on average' €1000 per house. :eek:

Middle class earners to be hit the hardest (as per usual)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/daniel-mcconnell-next-big-hot-potato-is-property-tax-of-up-to-1000-3175429.html

The fun is about to start folks.

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    So......

Here you have it.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/daniel-mcconnell-next-big-hot-potato-is-property-tax-of-up-to-1000-3175429.html

bring it on !

So......

Here you have it.

its probably a kite from hogan" ah yeah shure dangle E1000 in front of them while im on holiday, they'll be feckin thankful after when we dip them for E500"

its probably a kite from hogan" ah yeah shure dangle E1000 in front of them while im on holiday, they'll be feckin thankful after when we dip them for E500"
    They're making this up as they go, they seriously have not got a clue what to do!...relax everyone, just sit back and enjoy watching them balls this one up !

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    They're making this up as they go, they seriously have not got a clue what to do!...relax everyone, just sit back and enjoy watching them balls this one up !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Not far wrong I`d say. It would not surprise me if they still keep it relatively low next year, to reign in a few more that were expecting it to be 6 or 700.

If they got a high percentage registered, they are then there for the taking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Surprised Alastair is not on saying that it's too cheap at 1,000e and trying to get a rise out of us.

Surprised Alastair is not on saying that it's too cheap at 1,000e and trying to get a rise out of us.

im sure he is here with us in spirit......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79858640&postcount=5762

He's not been banned as far as I know but he got warned told in no uncertain terms not to post in this thread again. Him and Kr7.

Labour is the common denominator in all this too. They should be extinct in a few years time like the PD's and the Greens. The sooner the better. They have sold their souls for power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

So......

Here you have it.

There will be blood....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I would be fairly sceptical about the property tax being €1,000 next year for the majority of people as this would not lead to high collection rates. Plus the story is from the Independent. Best thing is to wait and see until it is announced there is no real way of knowing what I or anyone else will be paying next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

About half 3 I had a knock on the door from a council official, he would of being his fifties had a clipboard with him-when I answered the door he said may I ask the names of those living here, how many living in the house, it for the voting register he said-I told him Im not answering any of your questions-please leave my property-he left and went next door-I had the window open and overheard him asking the same questions-I strongly suspect the whole voting register thing is just an excuse to asked questions- this is being done as an Intel gathering exercise by the council gathering further info for next years property tax.

donalg1 wrote: »
    I would be fairly sceptical about the property tax being €1,000 next year for the majority of people as this would not lead to high collection rates. Plus the story is from the Independent. Best thing is to wait and see until it is announced there is no real way of knowing what I or anyone else will be paying next year.

Dunno Donal.

Not many shills have attempted to deny it as of yet.

Am Chile wrote: »
    About half 3 I had a knock on the door from a council official, he would of being his fifties had a clipboard with him-when I answered the door he said may I ask the names of those living here, how many living in the house, it for the voting register he said-I told him Im not answering any of your questions-please leave my property-he left and went next door-I had the window open and overheard him asking the same questions-I strongly suspect the whole voting register thing is just an excuse to asked questions- this is being done as an Intel gathering exercise by the council gathering further info for next years property tax.

wow. strange that you mention that. last week i had a neighbour, who walks by ever day, stop and talk. in the course of conversation he said he was over the register of electors in the locality and asked me did i want to go on it. i declined.
    coincidence maybe

• Advertisement

Am Chile wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vm51sR4tRY

Would the Councils be so underhand as to send out people to get information on house owners for them? I have a habit of sending out my daughter to the door to say there is nobody in and to not answer any questions from any caller.

700k people laughing at him, phil is under pressure, he could be putting the squeeze on the councils ( over the phone from Portugal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Dunno Donal.

Not many shills have attempted to deny it as of yet.

So what percentage do you think it will be?

So what percentage do you think it will be?

What percentage of shills?

98%

DV and Ali seem to have given up.

What percentage of shills?

98%

DV and Ali seem to have given up.

What percentage do you think will have to pay €1,000?

What percentage do you think will have to pay €1,000?

How can I possibly answer that?

All we have been told is what to expect as an average price, no percentages were mentioned.

If a group of people ate in a restaurant, and on average they spent 13€ each, what percentage paid the €13?

Without the rest of the statistics, its pretty hard (impossible) to give a percentage.

How can I possibly answer that?

All we have been told is what to expect as an average price, no percentages were mentioned.

If a group of people ate in a restaurant, and on average they spent 13€ each, what percentage paid the €13?

Without the rest of the statistics, its pretty hard (impossible) to give a percentage.

I thought you'd be able to use your expertise in the area and give a prediction, obviously not though.

I thought you'd be able to use your expertise in the area and give a prediction, obviously not though.

LOL.....

My expertise?

You were the guy disputed what the term 'average' meant.

Would you like me to embarass you further with your 'definition of average'?

Not tonight either Chucky. ;)

• Advertisement

LOL.....

My expertise?

You were the guy disputed what the term 'average' meant.

Would you like me to embarass you further with your 'definition of average'?

Not tonight either Chucky. ;)

I did dispute it, it is misleading. So misleading even you have no clue what most people will actually be playing. At least it's good to see you admit defeat. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement