Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2012, 12:09   #1
ftakeith

Sky Go Monthly ticket

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sky-go/get-it-now/

for €18 you get the sky entertainment package

for €50 you get the sky entertainment package and the sky sports channels

no dish is required

I think this price might come down if netflix gets more subscribers
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2012, 15:23   #2
zerks

Wouldn't like to try and watch it using a dongle for my broadband.

It'd be a great help to anyone living in an apartment complex with decent broadband,makes the 'no dish' rule of some places redundant.
07-02-2012, 15:37   #3
Minstrel27
Closed Account

The channel selection is nothing like what is offered via a dish
07-02-2012, 20:15   #4
NewHillel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrel27 View Post
The channel selection is nothing like what is offered via a dish
You're right. Apart from the movie and sports channels, only Sky News and Sky Atlantic. The quality is amazing, though.
07-02-2012, 22:02   #5
Minstrel27
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHillel View Post
You're right. Apart from the movie and sports channels, only Sky News and Sky Atlantic. The quality is amazing, though.
You do get a few more when accessing via a PC. This what's available at the moment

Sky 1
Sky Living
Sky Atlantic
GOLD
Sky Livingit
MTV
Sky Arts 1
Sky Movie Channels
Sky Sports Channels
Sky Sports Xtra (usually red button stuff)
ESPN
ESPN Classic
Sky News
National Geographic
Nat Geo Wild
History
Eden
Crime
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Nickelodeon
Disney XD
Disney Channel
Nick Junior

I don't know of anyone who has subscribed to this alone. Anyone I know that uses it does so in conjunction with a television subscription.
Advertisement
11-02-2012, 21:47   #6
ftakeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrel27 View Post
You do get a few more when accessing via a PC. This what's available at the moment

Sky 1
Sky Living
Sky Atlantic
GOLD
Sky Livingit
MTV
Sky Arts 1
Sky Movie Channels
Sky Sports Channels
Sky Sports Xtra (usually red button stuff)
ESPN
ESPN Classic
Sky News
National Geographic
Nat Geo Wild
History
Eden
Crime
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Nickelodeon
Disney XD
Disney Channel
Nick Junior

I don't know of anyone who has subscribed to this alone. Anyone I know that uses it does so in conjunction with a television subscription.
How do I get a Sky Go Monthly Ticket?
Customers can sign up for a Sky Go Monthly Ticket online here. You'll need to create a Sky iD and have a credit or debit card to hand to set up your account. You can sign up for as little as one month or simply auto renew your ticket each month.

Can I change my Sky Go Monthly Ticket after I've brought it?
With a Sky Go Monthly Ticket you pay up front for one month's access. If you upgrade your ticket during this time it will take effect straight away. If you downgrade to a lower value pack then your ticket won't change until your current one runs out.

How do I cancel my Sky Go Monthly Ticket?
With a Sky Go Monthly Ticket you pay up front for one month's access. To cancel all you need to do is stop your auto renewal. You'll still be able to use your current ticket until it runs out. After this you'll need to buy another ticket to start watching again. To cancel your auto-renew go to skygo.com, log in and click on settings and my Sky Go.

What happens if I already subscribe to Sky Player online?
Customers who subscribe to Sky Player online have been contacted to inform them of the changes to their subscription. All customers will be moved to one of the new Sky Go Monthly Tickets in early August. Your e-mail included information on your new subscription, the new price and when the changes will happen.

The Entertainment Pack for €18 from the Sky Go monthly ticket includes:
Sky1
Sky Atlantic
Sky Living
GOLD
MTV
Sky Arts 1
Sky News
National Geographic Channel
History
Nat Geo Wild
Eden
Crime & Investigation Network
Nickelodeon
Disney Channel
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Disney XD
Nick Jr
British Eurosport
Eurosport 2
ESPN Classic
All available online on your Xbox 360, laptop, PC or Mac

The Sports and Entertainment Pack for €50 includes all of the channels from the Entertainment Pack plus:
Sky Sports 1
Sky Sports 2
Sky Sports 3
Sky Sports 4
Sky Sports News
All five Sky Sports channels are available online and on your iPhone or iPad with the Sky Go app.

if people are smart they would cancel their sky subscription, keep the dish for freesat, get a outdoor tv aerial for saorview

options
get a combo receiver for freesat/saorview
get a humax freesat+ to record freesat
usb device to record saorview
11-02-2012, 22:08   #7
zerks

Only one small problem with your suggestion FTAKeith:

Much of Ireland hasn't the broadband service to match their needs regarding SkyGo.Hard to stream live tv with unreliable broadband or prohibitive download caps.

Pity as it would be a decent service.
12-02-2012, 11:32   #8
ftakeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerks View Post
Only one small problem with your suggestion FTAKeith:

Much of Ireland hasn't the broadband service to match their needs regarding SkyGo.Hard to stream live tv with unreliable broadband or prohibitive download caps.

Pity as it would be a decent service.

I say most of sky's satellite customers here are in areas that do have decent broadband
12-02-2012, 13:53   #9
Minstrel27
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftakeith View Post
I say most of sky's satellite customers here are in areas that do have decent broadband
I would say otherwise. Sky's main catchment area is areas without cable. Broadband in some parts of the country is still non existant
Advertisement
12-02-2012, 15:29   #10
Dman001

Sky announced a new online Movie streaming service to compete with Netflix last month, although I'm not sure how it will differ from Sky Go Monthly Ticket. It will have to alter the price anyway, as it's over €50 currently to subscribe to Movies on Sky Go! If done right, Sky could have a winner on their hands as they have a better range on movies and have the added benefit to be able to download films for offline viewing!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399632,00.asp
25-02-2012, 21:34   #11
ftakeith

sky go monthly ticket subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman001 View Post
Sky announced a new online Movie streaming service to compete with Netflix last month, although I'm not sure how it will differ from Sky Go Monthly Ticket. It will have to alter the price anyway, as it's over €50 currently to subscribe to Movies on Sky Go! If done right, Sky could have a winner on their hands as they have a better range on movies and have the added benefit to be able to download films for offline viewing!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399632,00.asp
I became an above subscriber today, €18 per month for the entertainment package for live tv and on demand tv, not a 12 months contract, I will end it at the end of june 2012
25-02-2012, 22:24   #12
Kristopherus

IMO this is another rip-off by $ky. Hopefully there will be a low take-up so they can bugger off and revise their prices downward by a considerable percentage. Anyone who wants to watch footy without Sky know where to go to get it on the net.As for the movies,etc in their packages, there is a very good choice in the FTA domain. Its impossible to watch everything and to pay $ky's exhorbitant charges is foolhardy, especially when you look at the other choices available.
25-02-2012, 23:40   #13
ftakeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopherus View Post
IMO this is another rip-off by $ky. Hopefully there will be a low take-up so they can bugger off and revise their prices downward by a considerable percentage. Anyone who wants to watch footy without Sky know where to go to get it on the net.As for the movies,etc in their packages, there is a very good choice in the FTA domain. Its impossible to watch everything and to pay $ky's exhorbitant charges is foolhardy, especially when you look at the other choices available.
sky go's €18 will come down to €10 when netflix and other providers take up subscribers, then sky go will be value for money
26-02-2012, 13:44   #14
Minstrel27
Closed Account

Quote:
sky go's €18 will come down to €10 when netflix and other providers take up subscribers, then sky go will be value for money
You'll be waiting a while i'd say
26-02-2012, 13:55   #15
byte

Quote:
LOL, yeah right!

Did you get fed up with just FTA television, Keith?
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion