Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 10 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 11/02/12

Options
  • 06-01-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Tempest is back for 2012!

In an effort to avoid clashing with DoC, Tempest is being a little delayed for its first event of the year and will now be the second weekend in February - Saturday the 11th.
    All you fighters heading to Cannes will want to come on down for some practice before you fly off :D

As the standard there'll be a main Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012 tournament plus a side event. There's a poll up there for you to choose the side event. Please only vote if you're actually considering coming to the tournament.

Poll will close February 1st.

SSFIV details:

Entry is €15 to the Street Fighter 4 tournament. If you've never been to a tournament before you get €5 off your entry.
    If you've already been to one you can bring a new player with you and get €5 off both your entries!
    Casuals and registration start from 12.00. The tournament itself will start at 13.00.

Side Event Details:

The side tournament will cost €5 to enter and prizes will be given to the top two placers.
    Registration will be taken towards the end of the SSFIV tournament - somewhere around 15.30 - 16.00.

Both tournaments will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s.

There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.

Anyone who can bring equipment (Games, consoles, monitors, etc) please do so!

If anyone needs to contact me and wants my mobile number, PM me.

To usher in the start of a new fighting season this tournament will be completely unseeded. Lets hope for some good ol' group of deaths!

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.
    SFCorkMap.png

Which game do you want the side event to be? 7 votes

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    0% 0 votes
    King of Fighters XIII
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

Side Event:

Prize pot will be split 70/30 among the top 2 finishers.

The tournament format is double elimination. (No groups)

Specific rules will be set when a game is chosen.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll be there. I may even be able to bring an xbox :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Thanks for heads up! I'll see if I can get the day off for this. Can also supply an Xbox / game copies if needed.

Good stuff lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

thanks for the heads up Sai.

also got a copy of umvsc so this gives me extra time to learn how to play the game.

revenge for Fred kicking my ass :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

You know the drill by now, I'll be there, Xbox in tow, all that good stuff.

AE2012 should make things interesting, though.
    mackg wrote: »
    I'll be there. I may even be able to bring an xbox :eek:

Wow, seems like the world really is going to end this year! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be there, I chose KOF as the side game as I was considering getting a copy.

raah! wrote: »
    I'll be there, I chose KOF as the side game as I was considering getting a copy.

Me too, playing it at Freds was good craic.

I suppose the only bad thing about that is that some people came last time just for umvc, so maybe it's better to have that.

Shokashi wrote: »
    also got a copy of umvsc
    Oh sure, I try to get you to play for a year and you're all 'Marvel sucks'. You play Fred for one night and suddenly buy a copy.
    God bless those charming Americans.
    raah! wrote: »
    I suppose the only bad thing about that is that some people came last time just for umvc, so maybe it's better to have that.
    KoF seems to be taking off for the moment, so a vote seems fine enough for me. There'll still be plenty of MvC3 casuals floating if it's not taken as the side event to tide people over until KoF is inevitably forgotten about in a few weeks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

I'll be there I'd almost definitely say, and I can bring an xbox if needed. Will be looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

I'd vote for KOF13 if my pre-order copy hadn't got lost in the post. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Ill be there , voted for KOF since its the new game haven't played it yet but sure ill give it a bash :) And with Soul Calibur 5 coming out next month and Sf X Tekken the month after theres no end to new games for side tournaments !

Chris IWS wrote: »
    I'd vote for KOF13 if my pre-order copy hadn't got lost in the post. :(

Who'd you order it with? Should probably be able to get it replaced for free if it never arrived.

Also, there may be a mini documentary from a St. Johns student being filmed on the day.

Sairus wrote: »
    Who'd you order it with? Should probably be able to get it replaced for free if it never arrived.

Also, there may be a mini documentary from a St. Johns student being filmed on the day.

Elaborate?

mackg wrote: »
    Elaborate?
    A St. Johns student (who also plays SF4) is making a five minute film for his course. He wants to do it on the SF community so I said to come on down to Tempest.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Gamestation, but they're out of stock, and not too many places seem too interested in getting a 2nd batch in. :(
    Plus I wanted those pre-order soundtrack CDs so bad. KOF had the best soundtracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

A St. Johns student (who also plays SF4) is making a five minute film for his course. He wants to do it on the SF community so I said to come on down to Tempest.

I'm going to need to win a match so ' You've being mistified! ' will end up on video! :D :pac:

I'm willing to do nudity if it's tasteful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm going to need to win a match so ' You've being mistified! ' will end up on video! :D :pac:

I'm sure myself and Sairus aren't offended at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

Hopefully I will be able to make it to this one, it's been a while. I will bring my xbox and a copy of the game as well. May even be able to convince a friend to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

Mahvel Baybee!! Then Marvel and Soul Caliber 5 next month, screw AE. :P

DrDrago wrote: »
    Mahvel Baybee!! Then Marvel and Soul Caliber 5 next month, screw AE. :P

i doubt ( hope ) siarus will get rid of street fighter, as it was the leading game that started tempest in the first place, and shall remain.............. i hope :p

Shokashi wrote: »
    i doubt ( hope ) siarus will get rid of street fighter, as it was the leading game that started tempest in the first place, and shall remain.............. i hope :p

I dunno lad, I've become shockingly embittered towards SF these days. :pac:

I dunno lad, I've become shockingly embittered towards SF these days. :pac:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 e0ghan

Hey guys, that 'st. john's student' is me. Just wanna say I'm looking forward to it. Play a little myself, though I'd be shocked if I even won one round against anyone (only got sf for the first time a few months ago and don't really get to play it as often as i'd like). I'd like to get something (very) brief off of anyone who'll be happy to talk, I'll probably give you pointers if you're not sure. Also, the whole nudity thing...I was kinda banking on that to make it look good:P Anyway, that's all from me for now, you'll hear from me again closer to the 11th.

oh Mackg also dont forget i have your pad and power lead. it is up to you if you want to collect it or play some casuals down my gaff but if you need it just ask mate.

on that note

if anyone up for casual on thursday round mine, come along. only got the one setup but two screens so if you want to bring an extra box please do

any time after 4 on Thursday 19th

Do any cork people want to go up for inferno which is the week before tempest? I think it's the week after next. I'd like to go up and I think silver steez wants to go aswell. It would be good practice for tempest itself, and it's a very nice busride!

Also, I thought tempest was on the 11th of jan for some reason, and had no internet to check, so i woke up early and went into the stupid pub twice, I even tried to force the door to the room open. I got too hype I guess!

I'm hoping to go to DoC (28th Jan) and Inferno (4th Feb), but I may skip out on Inferno as I have an interview that week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Yeah i will most likely be down for going to inferno gotta check the money situation next week tho currently moving house , might be your new neighbor sai on the other side of londis above the red barbers , well its the best place weve seen so far been at viewings all week not definite yet

Advertisement