DoC; no longer with Internets! I will be putting up the seeding list here for people in all three seeded games (in BB and UMvC this will be top 8/9, and a much larger bracket for MK9, due to it's musical chairs nature of top 8 (besides Kuro, I mean)), and we'll be using Tournament Maker 2.1 for creating the brackets. We're changing over from Challonge due to some issues with loser's bracket not working properly (people from the same winner's bracket being placed in the same loser's bracket instead of being spread out).
The venue will be open from 12pm till 20pm, with tournaments starting as close to 12.30 as we can manage, in the Exchange. Entry price will be as follows; 5 euro to go towards the exchange, with one entry to a single tournament costing 7 quid, entry to all tournaments costing 10.
Prizes will be paid out with ratio to the total number of entrants based off the total prize pot. Thus, the bigger the tournament, the bigger the money. Tournament running order will be;
KoF to begin at 12.30 (or close enough). Once KoF is nearing its end stages, signups will close for UMvC3, and it will begin on limited setups. Once UMvC 3 is nearing its completion, BBCS2 and MK9 will both start, with BBCS2 being exclusively on Xbox, and MK9 being PS3 exclusive. This running order is provisional, and subject to change.
I also want to address the fact that, yes, some members of the community have got BBCSX (we need to agree on a decent acronym for that) and would prefer to have that as the game run. If enough people push for it, we can reorganise the running order to facilitate it, but having 2 PS3 limited games might cause some time issues, especially considering how long BB matches are normally.
We'll be running these brackets military; we'll be placing our main desk front and center for people to request their brackets, as well as having them put up behind the main desk. This also means, that, if you are called for a match, and fail to turn up in 1 to 2 minutes, you WILL be disqualified. We're being strict as all hell about this. If you are leaving the venue, inform a tournament admin or myself about it, so we can play other matches ahead of yours, before yours becomes a problem. If you are absent for longer than 5 minutes, you will be disqualified regardless.
If you have been PM'd about bringing kit in on the day, PLEASE ensure you turn up at 12, if not a little before. Anyone else who wants to turn up early is very welcome to, but keep in mind, you will be made help move heavy things around.
Tournament Rules and Format.
Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.
Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.
1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.
2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.
3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.
4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist
types may not.
5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.
6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.
7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.
8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)
9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.
10. No white track suits please.