Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day Of Champions 6! (January 28th)

Options
  • 20-12-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

DoC; no longer with Internets! I will be putting up the seeding list here for people in all three seeded games (in BB and UMvC this will be top 8/9, and a much larger bracket for MK9, due to it's musical chairs nature of top 8 (besides Kuro, I mean)), and we'll be using Tournament Maker 2.1 for creating the brackets. We're changing over from Challonge due to some issues with loser's bracket not working properly (people from the same winner's bracket being placed in the same loser's bracket instead of being spread out).
    The venue will be open from 12pm till 20pm, with tournaments starting as close to 12.30 as we can manage, in the Exchange. Entry price will be as follows; 5 euro to go towards the exchange, with one entry to a single tournament costing 7 quid, entry to all tournaments costing 10.
    Prizes will be paid out with ratio to the total number of entrants based off the total prize pot. Thus, the bigger the tournament, the bigger the money. Tournament running order will be;
    KoF to begin at 12.30 (or close enough). Once KoF is nearing its end stages, signups will close for UMvC3, and it will begin on limited setups. Once UMvC 3 is nearing its completion, BBCS2 and MK9 will both start, with BBCS2 being exclusively on Xbox, and MK9 being PS3 exclusive. This running order is provisional, and subject to change.
    I also want to address the fact that, yes, some members of the community have got BBCSX (we need to agree on a decent acronym for that) and would prefer to have that as the game run. If enough people push for it, we can reorganise the running order to facilitate it, but having 2 PS3 limited games might cause some time issues, especially considering how long BB matches are normally.
    We'll be running these brackets military; we'll be placing our main desk front and center for people to request their brackets, as well as having them put up behind the main desk. This also means, that, if you are called for a match, and fail to turn up in 1 to 2 minutes, you WILL be disqualified. We're being strict as all hell about this. If you are leaving the venue, inform a tournament admin or myself about it, so we can play other matches ahead of yours, before yours becomes a problem. If you are absent for longer than 5 minutes, you will be disqualified regardless.
    If you have been PM'd about bringing kit in on the day, PLEASE ensure you turn up at 12, if not a little before. Anyone else who wants to turn up early is very welcome to, but keep in mind, you will be made help move heavy things around.

Tournament Rules and Format.

Format is as follows; All tournaments are double elimination. Each match will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds, except for UMvC3, which will be best of 3 games. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.
    Players who placed in top 8 in the prior 3 DoCs (where applicable) will be seeded accordingly. All others will be randomly seeded.

1. All characters are useable, but if you require DLC characters, please make that known prior to your match.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set. In UMvC3, orders of characters may be changed, but assist

types may not.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed. (Though it will be pretty damn hype.)

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No white track suits please. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

People divided on the same lines by commas are seeded in identical spots. Seeds are divided going vertically, with top seed at the head of the list and last seed at the bottom.

BBCS2 Seeds
    Voa,Chuey
    Xinkai
    PowerOf
    Keith
    Fergus
    Nutrient
    Linoud, Onion

UMvC3
    DarkTalant
    Lythero
    Cocopops
    Nutrient.ATB
    Paul
    Dreddy
    Doom
    Bourke

MK9
    Kuro
    Ark
    1man3letters
    Micheal
    Jun, Praraix
    Sorchio, Hound
    Alan, Squeak, Azza, Razer
    DeathRider, Naphiel, Emmet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Just stating that I'd be in favour of BBCS:EX instead of BBCS2 and would be able to provide a copy.

Just think of the Tager buffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Naphiel wrote: »
    Just stating that I'd be in favour of BBCS:EX instead of BBCS2 and would be able to provide a copy.

Just think of the Tager buffs.

i would like that.

But no because of the people that don't have the game. would be at a huge disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Voa wrote: »
    The venue will be open from 12pm till 20pm

Do you mean 8pm (20:00hrs) or was that a typo of 10pm?
    Just stating that I'd be in favour of BBCS:EX instead of BBCS2

Why not just call it "BB:X" to shorten the ironically long acronym? (not that I mind which is used, I barely play BB so it ain't my place to suggest)

Looking forward to January the 28th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I've seen it referred to as "BBEX" (example: this video). I'd go with that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I think the most popular name for it is "Poo"

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

DR and myself are puzzled by this seeding/seeds thing.

Anyone care to explain?

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

IIn case it's needed, you could use the results of TYH to help seed KoF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Might head up to this for BB and KoF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

DR and myself are puzzled by this seeding/seeds thing.

Anyone care to explain?

All the best,
    Razer

The seed list is the top players from the last few tournaments - they're placed as far away in the bracket as possible from each other initially so they don't knock each other out early on in the tournament, and have a better chance of meeting each other later on in the tournament instead.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The seed list is the top players from the last few tournaments - they're placed as far away in the bracket as possible from each other initially so they don't knock each other out early on in the tournament, and have a better chance of meeting each other later on in the tournament instead.

Ah I see. That nice should make for some great matches :)

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Ah I see. That nice should make for some great matches :)

All the best,
    Razer

yea hopeully i wont have to play u twice like at TYH,that much kabal ndc's aint good for the heart :p

heres hoping i dodge vulcans for yet another tourny,god dang reptile :pac:

Someone has my spare pad from the Test Your Hype. I got given the wrong one back. Characters don't jump forward properly with it for some reason. So if anyone realizes they got a better pad back instead of their own Id appreciate mine back as it was bought specifically the Day of DoC 5 so DR and others could use it during their games.

Cheers.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Someone has my spare pad from the Test Your Hype. I got given the wrong one back. Characters don't jump forward properly with it for some reason. So if anyone realizes they got a better pad back instead of their own Id appreciate mine back as it was bought specifically the Day of DoC 5 so DR and others could use it during their games.

Cheers.

All the best,
    Razer

If there's any problems, bro, I'll score you a new one. Least I can do after you helping me out at the last DoC.

deathrider wrote: »
    If there's any problems, bro, I'll score you a new one. Least I can do after you helping me out at the last DoC.

I couldn't let you do that man, don't worry urself.
    Its up to the person who got a better pad back to own up.
    Iv been bringing my gear down last couple Tourneys so it wud be appreciated if I got my **** back. You can have ur own pad back for it.

Thanx.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

In future, you should mark your pads to prevent this kind of confusion. I personally put some duct tape on the back. Anything works, just a mark that you yourself use and nobody else does.

In future, you should mark your pads to prevent this kind of confusion. I personally put some duct tape on the back. Anything works, just a mark that you yourself use and nobody else does.

A picture of Razer's face should work fine lol ;)

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Naph and Chuey already said it, but if possible I'd like to have BBCS:EX played instead of CS2. I get what Chuey is saying where the people that don't have it would be at a disadvantage, but I think it's best if we keep with whatever the current version of the game is. I realize this may not be possible since as far as I know only two people own the game (me and naphiel), but if at all possible I would prefer EX. If not then no big deal, I can stick with using broken Noel...Haida loop all the characters! :D

^ this is very sound advice ^

luckily all my pads/game boxes has there own marks from use that this hasnt happen to me and my stick has a baraka on it so no confusion to who owns that :p

anyway razer im sure it was just a innocent mistake,i havnt met a malice person in this community yet who do that kinda thing on purpose.were good guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Someone has my spare pad from the Test Your Hype. I got given the wrong one back. Characters don't jump forward properly with it for some reason.

Echoing what everyone else said: Mark your stuff. I'm pretty sure I saw your PS3 was marked, so no harm doing the rest of your gear. Things get passed around a lot at tournaments. My own TE has teleported around the room, apparently under it's own power at countless events. I can always find it in the end though because of a few silly free stickers on there.

For your specific problem though:

(1) Are you sure it's not your controller?

You might be having a bad spell, they might have patched the game in some way, or your own controller might be wearing down and breaking. It could have even been broken at DOC 5.

(2) If it definitely isn't your original controller, what kind of controller is it, what colour is it, etc etc?

There's a lot of hardware floating around, so your chances of getting it back are a lot better with more specifics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

yea hopeully i wont have to play u twice like at TYH,that much kabal ndc's aint good for the heart :p

heres hoping i dodge vulcans for yet another tourny,god dang reptile :pac:

Is ATB gonna stick together!?:cool:

Nutrient wrote: »
    Is ATB gonna stick together!?:cool:

yea man of course,the sponsors wouldnt be happy otherwise.
    did hear them say them werent to happy you using noob though :p

...but i fear the loss of kuro to kof and the lurking ttt2... :(
    least raka might take a tourny then :pac::pac::pac:....unless usedforglue comes and bodies us all haha...but seriously my broken tarkatan friend got this!

yea man of course,the sponsors wouldnt be happy otherwise.
    did hear them say them werent to happy you using noob though :p

...but i fear the loss of kuro to kof and the lurking ttt2... :(
    least raka might take a tourny then :pac::pac::pac:....unless usedforglue comes and bodies us all haha...but seriously my broken tarkatan friend got this!

oh no, where ever will we find somebody who can herpaderp! with Liu Kang?:P

Man....Barakas got this:cool:

yea with up4 and tech using a 26 frame sweep

...how he ever got those buffs at all ive never know

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Nutrient wrote: »
    oh no, where ever will we find somebody who can herpaderp! with Liu Kang?:P

You won't. It's so obvious and derpy that no-one else would even think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Kuro Tao wrote: »

I think I can herpaderp quite well in any fighting game I play.. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kuro Tao wrote: »

Derpy play a specialty, just point me in the right direction. Lightning legs hard punch boom!

Derpy play a specialty, just point me in the right direction. Lightning legs hard punch boom!

You can't doom, we've reserved you has Jax..

Jax_briggs.png

yea jax and guile and brothers from another mother, sure hes even got a purple sonic boom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm gonna have to say we keep BBCS2 on the show here. You're talking about current version. There's people there who won't have the game until it's released here in FEBRUARY. It would be very very unfair on those guys who don't want to import if we're playing a game that they don't even have.

Advertisement