Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Date tomorrow and I have the mother of all colds.

..Kleenex is sexy, right?! :o

Well I often associate Kleenex with sex

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

GrumPy wrote: »
    Just back from my date! She was awesome and super hot. :D Went really well, we got food and she asked if I wanted to head to the pub (for a coke of course, I was driving).
    Aaaannnyywaaayy, was gonna take my own advice and get some gob lobbin' going at the end of the night, :pac: but her lift was already waiting outside (Dad) :o and I didn't feel comfortable even hugging her for particularly long as a result! :( So a quick squeeze and a toothy smile good night.
    She text me 20 minutes afterwards thanking me so much for the lovely date and the sweets (found out her fav sweets subtly when we first started talking: so first date, arrived with said confectionery, bitch loved that confectionery)
    Gonna reply to text now and see if she's up for date 2, I'm quietly confident she'll say yes?! Eeppp!!

Wouldn't refer to her as a bitch if you see it going any further.

(sorry its really not necessary!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

So if someone is all talk then they back off when you agree to meet them? what should I make of this? I think if someone likes you then they would continue to keep talking to you, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Larianne wrote: »
    Wouldn't refer to her as a bitch if you see it going any further.

(sorry its really not necessary!)

Apologies, an internet reference purely at an attempt at comic relief. Not always appreciated, I understand! I'm in no way actually disrespectful to woman. :eek: No offense meant ladies. :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eva_C

Hey, as more of a reader of this forum than a poster - just wanted to say thanks for all the entertaining posts! I've taken a break from the online dating world for a bit. POF ac deleted as just wasn't enjoying it lately. Maybe I'll check it out again in a couple of months. To all of the success stories here - fair play & to all of those still 'searching' for want of a better word, wishing you all the best of luck. Truly hope you all find what you're looking for..

awec wrote: »
    Depends what you mean by back off.

If they are messaging less or taking longer to reply maybe they are just busy?
    Considering the person doesnt work, I doubt it. Or study.

Doesn't mean they literally sit on the laptop all day?
    They are bound to be online at least sometimes to answer me or to make an effort. I mean I have the time, they must have the time. And I am usually busylike. How come all the other people who are working full time have the time to answer me. Come on like be honest here, it is not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

eternal wrote: »
    They are bound to be online at least sometimes to answer me or to make an effort. I mean I have the time, they must have the time. And I am usually busylike. How come all the other people who are working full time have the time to answer me. Come on like be honest here, it is not good enough.

Have you no concept of real life and people?

EVERYONE IS NOT LIKE YOU, Everyone is different and lead different lives. Just because you "squeeze" online dating time in to your day does not mean every one can, regardless of employment status.

Just incase you didn't know that.

Just because someone is unemployed and not in college DOES NOT mean they cannot be busy... they could be helping family/friends out/volunteering... numerous things! Jeez, cut them some slack!!

Some of your posts astound me... if you convey this attitude in your online profile/messages I am not surprised that they are delaying in replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Misticles wrote: »
    Have you no concept of real life?

EVERYONE IS NOT LIKE YOU!

Just because someone is unemployed and not in college DOES NOT mean they cannot be busy... they could be helping family/friends out/volunteering... numerous things! Jeez, cut them some slack!!

Exactly theres some massive generalisations being made here about people whos circumstances others have no idea about

Have you no concept of real life and people?

EVERYONE IS NOT LIKE YOU, Everyone is different and lead different lives. Just because you "squeeze" online dating time in to your day does not mean every one can, regardless of employment status.

Some of your posts astound me... if you convey this attitude in your online profile/messages I am not surprised that they are delaying in replying!

Oh no I have no concept of anything. I have only worked all my life in one of the most difficult jobs you can do and this is my second time in college.
    I am obviously stupid, a complete retard.
    All I was saying is that it would not kill someone to answer their messgaes, someone who I know is not volunteering, working or doing much else. Which I actually know for a fact.
    Do not know what the attitude is about. I have the right to an opinion too.

Oh no I have no concept of anything. I have only worked all my life in one of the most difficult jobs you can so and this is my seond time in college.
    I am obviously stupid, a complete retard.
    All I was saying is that it would not kill someone to answer their messgaes, someone who I know is not volunteering, working or doing much else. Which I actually know for a fact.
    Do not know what the attitude is about. I have the right to an opinion too.

Ya know.. maybe they don't want to. This happens a lot on online dating. They may not tell you directly which can be annoying.
    Onwards and upwards. Chat to some more people insteading of focusing on this person perhaps.

Guys, chill. :) No need for the attitudes.

We're all friends here. :D

It's all gravy!

Eternal is making huge generalisations about people she hardly knows just because they are not conforming to her expectations.

This is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

It's all gravy!

Eternal is making huge generalisations about people she hardly knows just because they are not conforming to her expectations.

This is all.

That may be true but she is right when she says she has a right to her own opinion. Disagreeing with her is fine- launching a personal attack, not so much IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Gentle reminder people,if you think a post is a problem,use the report icon.

Thankee.

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    That may be true but she is right when she says she has a right to her own opinion. Disagreeing with her is fine- launching a personal attack, not so much IMO.

She has a right to her opinion.

I was being blunt with her, it may have been harsh but the way I saw it was as this... it may save her unnecessary time wasting on her part in the future, with regards to wondering why people aren't replying to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DwightShrute

Why is she bothering with them so much if they're a layabout?

• Advertisement

Hehe good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hehe good one.
    It is a good question, what's your answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lilyjclare

Morning All,

In general Im a lurker not a poster but I would like your advise.
    Just as I as about to give up on POF I started chatting to a fantastic guy with about a week now. Everyday I would get 5/6 messages and I thought we were getting on well.
    On tuesday evening I sent him a message and didnt hear back until 24 hours later, I didnt mind this at all as I was very busy and thought he was the same. Then when I read his message he say " i have not being ignoring you, I just have a date this weekend:)"
    Can someone please enlighten me, why is he telling me this as Im not looking for a pen pal and also does this mean he is not interested in me. How am I supposed to respond to this?

People multi date. You obviously caught his eye but had plans with the other girl first. Don't take offence. Has he asked you on a date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lilyjclare

No thats the problem he has sad nothing to me about going out on date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Met another 'curvy' lady masquerading as a slim girl :mad:

When will this end??

lilyjclare wrote: »
    No thats the problem he has sad nothing to me about going out on date.

I would ask straight out if he is interested in a date, you defo don't want penpals!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Morning my online friends :D

2nd date last night - really good night, lovely restaurant etc and chatted all night BUT I still dont fancy him! :( Even after a couple of beers and had my beer goggles on I still thought nahhhh! HELP!!

Yes I know I have to say something etc etc but Im no good at taking my own advice!

Does anyone ever receive mails from people who are intending to travel but haven't left yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Does anyone ever receive mails from people who are intending to travel but haven't left yet?

I used to (All those weeks ago when I was a single man :P) I would generally ignore them, they all seemed a bit scammy to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement