Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doc 4 - Games, timing and setups.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Voa wrote: »
    Chopper might have a PS3 -> vga yoke, but it's untested. If you have the scart-yoke (the yellow/white/red head cables) and a HDMI cable, you should be alright.

Really, at this point, we're groping for monitors.

Just FYI, that's composite, not Scart.

I never knew they'd work on the inferno monitors, but awesome if they do! We just hook up the Ps3's as SD instead of HD, bangs your uncle.

Your teleporting ninja uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Community monitors are VGA only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Just FYI, that's composite, not Scart.

I never knew they'd work on the inferno monitors, but awesome if they do! We just hook up the Ps3's as SD instead of HD, bangs your uncle.

Your teleporting ninja uncle

I don't think they do...if there's an older model that takes composite or scart (since the composite cables all shipped with a scart adapter) though, they could be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Concerning the need for PS3s for MK, does that mean we'll be running MK exclusively on PS3? Because i've got a 360 with all the dlc for MK and AE, and it would have been convenient for me to just bring that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Concerning the need for PS3s for MK, does that mean we'll be running MK exclusively on PS3? Because i've got a 360 with all the dlc for MK and AE, and it would have been convenient for me to just bring that.

360 MK currently needs an active internet connection for DLC to work no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

360 MK currently needs an active internet connection for DLC to work no?

Nope, not at all. DLC runs offline perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Nope, not at all. DLC runs offline perfectly.

Including the balance patches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

maybe a wayto test would be, turn off all internet wired or wireless.
    pick 1 v 1, chose baraka, push to corner and see how many back3 1s you can loop,you should be only be able to do 4 reps for 31% if patch in affect
    also see if you can link forward4 into any special if u can patch aint working

oh baraka 89% corner combo oh how i miss you..sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

maybe a wayto test would be, turn off all internet wired or wireless.
    pick 1 v 1, chose baraka, push to corner and see how many back3 1s you can loop,you should be only be able to do 4 reps for 31% if patch in affect
    also see if you can link forward4 into any special if u can patch aint working

oh baraka 89% corner combo oh how i miss you..sniff

I was hoping to play around with testing this. Is there any... uh... easier way?

Like a version number in a menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

I was hoping to play around with testing this. Is there any... uh... easier way?

Like a version number in a menu?

no nothing really like that,
    maybe there is easier way but just thought what do i know 100% you used to be able to do and that 100% cant do it now and them 2 thngs above i sure of as im a baraka player

• Advertisement

The MK balance patches do not work offline. There's no need to test as it's guaranteed from the way the devs have reported it and it was confirmed at the EVO qualifiers with the PS and Xbox running MK matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Orim wrote: »
    The MK balance patches do not work offline. There's no need to test as it's guaranteed from the way the devs have reported it and it was confirmed at the EVO qualifiers with the PS and Xbox running MK matches.

Eh no, they dont work on the xbox since it streams the patch. But on PS3 it downloads it and installs (hence them all being 80 - 100 mb in size before the compatilbilty things) and at our evo thing we had it on xbox and ps3 and xbox was unpatched and ps3 was patched which caused some problems for certain combos and damage.

But yeah on topic I can bring a HDTV a fully patched MK on ps3 and an xbox with AE, MvC3 and CS all fully patched. I'll still PM ya now.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll bring my monitor and xbox, I'll look at what patches and dlc I'll have by the. mvc and 3s oe most likely.

My monitor is not widescreen though so some don't like that.

Eh no, they dont work on the xbox since it streams the patch. But on PS3 it downloads it and installs (hence them all being 80 - 100 mb in size before the compatilbilty things) and at our evo thing we had it on xbox and ps3 and xbox was unpatched and ps3 was patched which caused some problems for certain combos and damage.

But yeah on topic I can bring a HDTV a fully patched MK on ps3 and an xbox with AE, MvC3 and CS all fully patched. I'll still PM ya now.

You say no but you agreed with me? I am confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Orim wrote: »
    You say no but you agreed with me? I am confused.

Thanks, I need to stop posting drunk/sleep deprived. I thought you meant it was not working on ps3 too.

Ah yeah, I can see where the confusion was. I was just talking about the Xbox version.

Advertisement