Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware update for Dane Elec So Speaky HDMI

Options
  • 14-07-2011 3:45pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone successfully updated the firmware on this? I've been trying to play some .avi files taken on a digital camera. Obviously the clips can be shown through the camera's lead, but I've copied the video files onto the drive to have them there, however they won't play. I think they're .avi jpeg/motion or something it can't manage.

I rang Dane Elec in the UK, but once I mentioned firmware the guy said they couldn't give tech support over the phone and gave me an email address which I've tried, no response yet.

According to the drive's menu, it's currently on DASOSPK1.ROM, so I'd like to update this, if possible. Going from this previous thread there's some sort of update, though whether it's the correct one...I'm not sure. Anyway, I've grabbed it and have copied the MP35.ROM file onto the drive and have gone into the system info page in the menu. I've told it to search for the upgrade, but it stays on 'searching' for some time. I tried this unsuccessfully a few weeks ago, also. I'm a little confused by their website as some of it's French and I'm not sure of the instructions/layout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Hi,
    You say in your post you have a so speaky HDMI but the firmware you downloaded is for a so speaky HDMI+ . The firmware for the standard HDMI is here http://www.danedigital.com/mp-HDD/sospeakyhdmi_eng.html

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Are you sure? That's the one (your link) I wanted to try with the MP35.ROM.

This is the response Dane Elec came back with.
    Dear cutomer,

This avi file can’t be played by this product because internal codec is not managed by our product.
    if avi file have full HD codec SO SPEAKY HDMI can’t play it.

Best regards

Advertisement