Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Early glimspe of summer from Thursday

• 04-04-2011 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Continental high pressure pushing north over the UK/Ireland looks like bringing a very happy mix of blue skies and temps in the high teens. Could 20 get nudged in the flats lands of Laois/Offaly? Bring it on :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I'd say it will get quite close to 20 in parts even before Thursday.

The weekend and early next week could be even better... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I think it will get to to 20C here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭GSF

so no snow then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

We've been spoiled already over the past month with the weather, warm, at least a few hours of sunshine most days and very little rain. Hopefully a sign of things to come for the summer months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

Itll be dry and warm up to midmonth but cooler and unsettled then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭200motels

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

great the lawn mower will be out:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

200motels wrote: »

Just fcuk off! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

GSF wrote: »
    so no snow then? :D

LOL.. Even as a true snow lover.. i say bring on the blue skies and the sun!!
    :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

slight slight slight slight chance of snow midmonth on mountain tops

keep an eye on the forecasts but high could win out and this would be nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

pauldry wrote: »

That's a given considering the Easter holidays don't start till the 15th. My long range weather forecast for the Summer is as follows.

Starting the 15th April, I forecast 2+ weeks of not just cooler and unsettled weather but downright cold with morning to evening rain... it'll warm up every night and the rain will stop but will start again at 8am. There will be some breaks in the weather where the rain will stop and blue skies will appear...probably for about two hours at a time. Just enough time for optimists to pack up the kids and head to the nearest beach only to find it shrouded in fog and persistent rain coming in from the hidden sea. When they return home it will be raining but they will be told by the neighbours that they missed several hours of blazing sunshine.

However, we can look forward to a sudden return of the Summer weather on Tuesday, 3rd May, waking up to bright blue, cloudless skies with a gold sun heating us up to a good 18-22 degrees. It will take a downturn again from the evening of the 7th May but be sure that it brighten up again on 9th May. This pattern of 5 days of dry and sunny weather alternating with 2 days of sometimes artic cold and heavy rain will continue until the end of June when we will have 8 weeks of unrelenting drizzle and grey skies with the odd unremarkable storm.

The first week in September will be an excellent time to holiday in Ireland as sunshine is guaranteed.

That's the way it usually goes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Any of this based on fact or is it just you opinion?
    (not being a smartass, getting married on the 30th of April :eek:)

I'm pretty sure its just tongue in cheek based on school holidays :D It always used to feel that way at school, I remember back doing my leaving cert and there was blazing sunshine for 2 weeks

Nobody can do any more than take a reasonable guess for the end of the month at this stage but for the next two weeks at least its looking warm and calm from Thursday onwards, no real breakdown on the gfs right up to the 20th

Summer term exams nearly always were warm and sunny I remember, and September is always the most settled month in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Harps wrote: »
    We've been spoiled already over the past month with the weather, warm, at least a few hours of sunshine most days and very little rain. Hopefully a sign of things to come for the summer months

some rain on 57 out of 95 days this year (is that spoilt ?)

can you tell i got a weather station for xmas

Well, January and March were both far drier than usual, February was the complete opposite but especially throughout March it was warm and settled for the most part. Thats about as good as we can hope for usually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭snowstreams

pauldry wrote: »

When you say mid month, do you include the 16th of April?
    Im getting married that day. It would be sickening to see the weather break just in time for my wedding! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

16th looks like a good day for a white wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    16th looks like a good day for a white wedding :)

I wouldnt mind a white wedding myself, but I dont think she would like it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

my car said 20 degrees today at palmerstown on the n4, very muggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

That's a given considering the Easter holidays don't start till the 15th. My long range weather forecast for the Summer is as follows.

Starting the 15th April, I forecast 2+ weeks of not just cooler and unsettled weather but downright cold with morning to evening rain... it'll warm up every night and the rain will stop but will start again at 8am. There will be some breaks in the weather where the rain will stop and blue skies will appear...probably for about two hours at a time. Just enough time for optimists to pack up the kids and head to the nearest beach only to find it shrouded in fog and persistent rain coming in from the hidden sea. When they return home it will be raining but they will be told by the neighbours that they missed several hours of blazing sunshine.

However, we can look forward to a sudden return of the Summer weather on Tuesday, 3rd May, waking up to bright blue, cloudless skies with a gold sun heating us up to a good 18-22 degrees. It will take a downturn again from the evening of the 7th May but be sure that it brighten up again on 9th May. This pattern of 5 days of dry and sunny weather alternating with 2 days of sometimes artic cold and heavy rain will continue until the end of June when we will have 8 weeks of unrelenting drizzle and grey skies with the odd unremarkable storm.

The first week in September will be an excellent time to holiday in Ireland as sunshine is guaranteed.

That's the way it usually goes. :(
    TimMac wrote: »
    Any of this based on fact or is it just you opinion?
    (not being a smartass, getting married on the 30th of April :eek:)

Joking, but many a true word spoken in jest. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Thermo reading 20 here in Athlone. Very close here.

Anyone got sun?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yep, hazy sunshine here, the odd break in the haze. Very nice to be out in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone got sun?
    yeah mike sun came out early afternoon,lovley out there,warm with slight breeze :)

Finally out here, but its blowing a gale with it, so not warm at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Lovely day here, really nice in the afternoon with warm sunshine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Max today 18.6C at Shannon, 17.9C at Dublin

fceking low cloud :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Drizzle in Dublin this morning - who was the tit who started this tread? :)

Advertisement