Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early glimspe of summer from Thursday

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah, light rain and drizzle here. 11.4c atm. Definitely an early glimpse of an Irish summer! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Is this summer version of a darkman winter thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well it took its flipping time but at about 3 pm it cleared and it felt like summer for a couple of hours. The BBC forecast looked like same again tomorrow for the south while RTE didn't suggest any such thing, either way it won't last Saturday front will kill the temps. Boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Next week is looking a lot worse now as well, wind and rain from Monday onwards

Today was lovely here, unbroken sunshine all day but quite cool with a strong breeze so it definitely didnt feel like a proper summers day

• Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I must admit I really enjoyed the warm sunshine today. it's a pity to hear the fine weather is going to break down so soon, but hopefully it will be only temporary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I must admit I really enjoyed the warm sunshine today. it's a pity to hear the fine weather is going to break down so soon, but hopefully it will be only temporary
    :eek::eek: ok who hacked nacho's profile,doesnt sound like him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Atlantic coasts Ireland's 'hotspots' once again. Valentia 21c and Belmullet 20c (reason:warm offshore breezes). IWN reporting many +20c in the Kildare area too (SEasterly breeze warming up as it blows over the Wicklow mountains). Here in Dalkey my best guesstimate would be about 12/13/14c hazy sunshine and damn breeze blowing off the cold Irish sea cooling things down. Still feels pleasant in the sun though!

Enjoy the sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Lovely here, tis a summers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

A lad could get used to this weather, still nippy out at night though. Pity it's nearly at an end. Would i be right in saying the haze today was the sand from the sahara? There looked to be a haze tonight around the moon tonight from it

Ive seen and heard a few people mention this 'sand from Sahara', is this what caused the sandstorm in Germany yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Jake1 wrote: »
    Ive seen and heard a few people mention this 'sand from Sahara', is this what caused the sandstorm in Germany yesterday?

No, the sand was blown from surrounding fields (they were very dry and some had just been ploughed). Germany (as well as the most of Europe) has seen a very dry spring so far so soil is very dry and can be lifted into the air easily.

Cheers for that. I did subsequently read that . According to AOLtravel,its on its way to Britain.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/04/09/sand-storm-heading-to-the-uk/?icid=main|uk|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A very brief glimpse. I'll enjoy what's left of it today.

Truly summery day today, previously the sun has been accompanied by wind. Now its all over, foggy outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

That's a given considering the Easter holidays don't start till the 15th. My long range weather forecast for the Summer is as follows.

Starting the 15th April, I forecast 2+ weeks of not just cooler and unsettled weather but downright cold with morning to evening rain... it'll warm up every night and the rain will stop but will start again at 8am. There will be some breaks in the weather where the rain will stop and blue skies will appear...probably for about two hours at a time. Just enough time for optimists to pack up the kids and head to the nearest beach only to find it shrouded in fog and persistent rain coming in from the hidden sea. When they return home it will be raining but they will be told by the neighbours that they missed several hours of blazing sunshine.

However, we can look forward to a sudden return of the Summer weather on Tuesday, 3rd May, waking up to bright blue, cloudless skies with a gold sun heating us up to a good 18-22 degrees. It will take a downturn again from the evening of the 7th May but be sure that it brighten up again on 9th May. This pattern of 5 days of dry and sunny weather alternating with 2 days of sometimes artic cold and heavy rain will continue until the end of June when we will have 8 weeks of unrelenting drizzle and grey skies with the odd unremarkable storm.

The first week in September will be an excellent time to holiday in Ireland as sunshine is guaranteed.

That's the way it usually goes. :(
    i dont care ill be in my appartment in malaga spain sitting out on the balcony with my laptop and bottle of jd telling everyone on bords it's 38degres while it's probabley pissing rain in Ireland:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

it allways amazes me the way people go on about the weather here and what really amazes me is when we do get a good summer everyone mones that it's tooo hot or ya might even hear as i did yesterday from an ol wan well id say it might rain tommorrow ahhhhh let me away from negative people:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭GSF

it allways amazes me the way people go on about the weather here and what really amazes me is when we do get a good summer everyone mones that it's tooo hot or ya might even hear as i did yesterday from an ol wan well id say it might rain tommorrow ahhhhh let me away from negative people:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    "moaning and cribbing is a lost opportunity" as the great philospoher St Bartholomew once said.......;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just had a very quick shower of hail in dublin 2. Irish summer is here again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Rain is not a negative unless one thinks all rain is a negative, we are lucky to have a good climate with not many extremes and the rain to keep the grass green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Looks like this weekend will be good for my wedding after all.
    A nice anticyclone seems to be setting itself up, might end up quite summery again.
    Thats a nice change from the way it looked 3 days ago (stormy and wintry), Thank God the models arent very accurate at long range! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

i dont care ill be in my appartment in malaga spain sitting out on the balcony with my laptop and bottle of jd telling everyone on bords it's 38degres while it's probabley pissing rain in Ireland:D:D:D

Nice of you to pinpoint where I should stand with my crossbow and sharpened stakes. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

It will be turning much warmer and sunnier throughout the coming week. T-shirt weather and a few thundery showers can't be ruled out either. Enjoy the summer folks;)

It does not get any better then this at this time of year.

Rtavn1321.png

Could last for some time too. No signs of it breaking down on the models. A small risk of a bit more cloud in western areas at times but mostly glorious sunshine and warmth.

Temperatures in the low 20's later on in the week. Bit cooler on windward coasts (sea breezes between East and South coasts)

darkman2 wrote: »
    It will be turning much warmer and sunnier throughout the coming week. T-shirt weather and a few thundery showers can't be ruled out either. Enjoy the summer folks;)

It does not get any better then this at this time of year.

Rtavn1321.png

Could last for some time too. No signs of it breaking down on the models. A small risk of a bit more cloud in western areas at times but mostly glorious sunshine and warmth.

Temperatures in the low 20's later on in the week. Bit cooler on windward coasts (sea breezes between East and South coasts)

what have you done with the real Darkman??? LOL

Its great weather, and more to come? Brilliant. Bring it on.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It looks far from brilliant to me
    Quite cool I would think in a brisk Southeasterly.
    ECM aint looking hot either in fact v poor!

It looks far from brilliant to me
    Quite cool I would think in a brisk Southeasterly.
    ECM aint looking hot either in fact v poor!

Any bit of sun is great for me :)

Well it was lovely and warm in the sun today even if there would have been a nippy breeze on the coast.

I'm going to miss this when it ends (we probably could do with some decent rain!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

This mornings forecast on radio 1 was bit of an anti climax :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

This mornings forecast on radio 1 was bit of an anti climax :mad:

I'm surprised by the lack of comment on here.
    The charts have now changed totally for Easter and it's now looking cool and cloudy. Indeed Bank holiday Monday is now showing 9C :eek:

Looks like the culprit is this low tomorrow which is stronger than first thought which shifts everything East

Advertisement