Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

• 26-11-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Please use this thread for the bulk of conversation about the snow and short term forecasts, radar watching, satellite watching etc....

While using this one for more detailed Synoptic Forecast Discussion.

Thanks, here's to white few days :D:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Personally I would have gone with the title "Snow to make life hell!" with a icon4.gif for a new thread but meh...:)

I passed 6,000 posts! :D

Please use this thread for the bulk of conversation about the snow and short term forecasts, radar watching, satellite watching etc....

While using this one for more detailed Synoptic Forecast Discussion.

Thanks, here's to white few days :D:D

lamp post watching ???? :p:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Great success heavy snow in claregalway just stopped now, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Snowing & snow lying immediately. Is well cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

:)snowing here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Finally started to settle in Galway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing here for two hours now, no showers due any time soon looking at raintoday either. The temperature's risen and the snow from earlier is melting.

Think we've had our (brief) fun here already for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

sillybird wrote: »
    Finally started to settle in Galway :D

Nice! Enjoy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Oranmore a while ago

DSC_3959%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Great pics and reports so far tonight lads. :D Well done, and dont forget to get outside and enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

met.ie radar shows very heavy showers coming to galway region soon, this is ace

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

Great pics and reports so far tonight lads. :D Well done, and dont forget to get outside and enjoy it!

If only I had someone to play with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Heavy snow, huge flakes , sticking and at this rate will have a good few inches by morning (yes, none of this metric nonsense:D) have supplies for a week or so, so here we go again!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

nooooooooooooooo i want snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Nothing to report from Offaly Westmeath border. Distinct lack of midlands people on here tonight, but it's a clear cold night here and i do not expect anything sadly.Hopefully I am wrong, we might get a stray shower from somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

snowing in longford...:)(well very lightly but early days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

need some in Celbridge im sending over a SAE . please post back:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Had a very wet sleety shower a while ago, but mostly rain. Stopped now, but looking at radar, looks like Dingle peninsula especially Brandon Mt are getting plastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Nothing to report from Offaly Westmeath border. Distinct lack of midlands people on here tonight, but it's a clear cold night here and i do not expect anything sadly.Hopefully I am wrong, we might get a stray shower from somewhere....

Im on the Kildare-Offaly border and its bitter out but no snow either:(. I don't think we'll be getting any tonight, maybe tomorrow though hopefully if were lucky enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looks like there will be plenty of snow about , are the shower that are currently over Glasgow supposed to hit us , because that is the track they are currently taking .:D

136606.jpg

DE , i think your in Tuam , there looks to be plenty more on the way for that neck of the woods !

136609.jpg

RED= SNOW
    WHITE = SLEET

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Snowing lightly in Athlone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

fire on,

rugby on tv

and snow in galway YESSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭dacogawa

That M2 buoy past howth has dropped to 0.1c, thats good snow news for Dublin, right ?

http://met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

dacogawa wrote: »
    That M2 buoy past howth has dropped to 0.1c, thats good snow news for Dublin, right ?

http://met.ie/latest/buoy.asp
    Very , I think DM2 said one it got under the degree would could be in business as its a lot colder in land at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Carlow Town, it's freezing out. Frost on the car already. Not a dickybird of a bit of snow. Clear sky so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

why did the car with the snow on it not say "boards" on it???

Its -.5c here at the moment, cars froze over about 2 hours but the skys are clear., its bloody freezing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

PISTOLPETES 11 can you give me the link to that chart you posted when i go into will it rain today i only get the orangy one cant find where the red etc is

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Bitter here in the fada..... a touch of sneachta cant be too far off.

Temp 1.2, dp-.9 , windchill -2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Was on the motorway between Galway and Athenry just there. Very heavy snow. Hard to see, flakes were huge.

Traffic at a crawl at 30 mph. Right hand lane completely white and still lunatics bombing past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Delighted :rolleyes: to report the massive snow shield over Waterford is working a treat........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement