Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Thundersnow & Chat - 26/11/2010 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

lightning in dublin to the east. Looks like the moon is about to be engulfed by clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

irishbird wrote: »
    sitting in finglas waiting for the snow, the google weather symbol is telling me it is snowing already :eek:

not a cloud in the sky :(

cars complete frozen over

Im doing th exact same.... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy snow in Castlebar,place is well covered in snow now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Just when I wanted to keep a close eye on where that band is going, the met eireann radar has gone into reverse :eek::mad::mad::confused:

Edit : It would seem the ME radar doesn't get on well with McAfee automatic updates !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

sitting in finglas waiting for the snow, the google weather symbol is telling me it is snowing already :eek:

not a cloud in the sky :(

cars complete frozen over
    same here except cars not frozen over &does feel a slight bit milder,think here may be one of the doomed areas that will get rain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

blinds open here looking out at clear skies and there was lightening again, think ill keep the dog in tonight just incase. This snow watch is very long, wish someone had an exact time it was going to snow then i could go to bed and get up when it started.
    looking at raintoday radar and I wonder why god makes it snow at see, to me its prety pointless unless the sea is frozen, I cant see fishermen on trawlers are going to enjoy the snow as much as we will so why waste it on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

snow for my bedroom window

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Light covering here since about 8.00. Hasn't snowed since but freezing over it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i really need to stop getting up and down, sticking my head out the window looking for clouds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Whatever about snow, a couple of big flashes of lightning here in the past hour or so from the direction of the Irish Sea. Thundersnow for anyone? :)

Just swore I heard some thunder about 5 minutes ago. There's a possibility it was a plane but it's more likely thunder. I do see some cloud to my east. I didn't stay out long enough to eyeball for lightening. Too damn cold. Temp has hit 0 here now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

The met.ie radar has a red (red, not pink!) area of precip with the size of Maynooth heading straight for Wicklow Town. It could be epic there in the next 30-60 mins.

ohhhhhhhh, a big flash of lightening i think or something flashed on the toy show

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Freezing hard here in Carlow, but no snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

That band is just gone south of us :mad:

More frequent flashes now & thunder there now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Anyone thinking there seeing lightning off the east coast, you are. A lot of activity out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Right on the south-east coast in Dublin, the moon is being covered over by some lovely cloud (never thought i'd say that) and its getting colder again, i think its on its way :):) & some lightning too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShiresV2

ohhhhhhhh, a big flash of lightening i think or something flashed on the toy show

It's lighting alright. I can't see it, but I can hear it over here on the northside of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

lightning here just now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Winger_PL wrote: »
    The met.ie radar has a red (red, not pink!) area of precip with the size of Maynooth heading straight for Wicklow Town. It could be epic there in the next 30-60 mins.

Or it could be raining there in the next 30 - 60 mins . . .:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Loud thunder there at Greystones co Wicklow
    Please snow !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Or it could be raining there in the next 30 - 60 mins . . .:rolleyes:

That would still be epic!

dacogawa wrote: »
    Right on the south-east coast in Dublin, the moon is being covered over by some lovely cloud (never thought i'd say that) and its getting colder again, i think its on its way :):) & some lightning too

Got back up and checked yet again, still have a clear moon and loads of stars:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Winger_PL wrote: »
    That would still be epic!

I dont think an epic rainshower is what they're looking for there now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

Top left of this page, click user CP, edit signature, type in your location.

It makes posts much more informative for everyone else.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Would love to see and hear some thundersnow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Dammit, I'd trade this evenings snow in Monaghan for some lightning now!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

Loud thunder there at Greystones co Wicklow
    Please snow !!!!

Shook the whole house up here in Delgany. Spectacular lightning over Bray Head direction....

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evil.monkey84

I want some snow :( nothing here in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Got back up and checked yet again, still have a clear moon and loads of stars:)

Look to the east, moon is gone here now & the cars have iced up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

lightning here in Navan .... but no clouds in the sky. Freaky:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement