Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-06-2010, 12:57   #1
Abelloid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,459
Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Spotted these on another forum about a month ago and bought one, great quality recording to an SD card
(not included but 2gig cards can be found in some Tesco for a fiver).




Parameters:
Pixel :2000000 color CMOS
High resolution image with 2000k pixels
Min. illumination:1 Lux (min)
Support USB1.1 and USB2.0
Support AVI video format
Video decode use motion JPEG, recording for AVI format VGA (720 x 480 @ 30fps)
Recording can be sound or manually activated
Working time: 2 hours
Standby time: 250 hours
Store consumption:1GB per 40 min
Support 30 fps for 720x480
With LED indicator
Support Micro SD (TF) card: 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB(max.)
Support Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista/WIN 7

How to charge:
Please charge the mini DV before using for the first time.
1. Can be charged by connecting to PC USB port;
2. Can be charged by connecting to adapter with USB cable.

Package contents:


1 X Mini DV
1 X USB cable
1 X User manual

New link, price is now £8.89.


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250631012815





Stuck it on to the side of my car a took it for a spin -



Yes, I know this is 2010...




Some more examples (not mine) -




Last edited by Abelloid; 10-06-2010 at 13:11. Reason: link
Abelloid is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2010, 13:01   #2
Oracle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,594
Hey they're very good quality pictures for a micro cam. Out of interest, what did you use to stick it to the car?
Oracle is offline  
Thanks from:
10-06-2010, 13:03   #3
chillywilly
Registered User
 
chillywilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,650
cool
chillywilly is offline  
10-06-2010, 13:04   #4
Abelloid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Hey they're very good quality pictures for a micro cam. Out of interest, what did you use to stick it to the car?
Phone mount and insulating tape.

Abelloid is offline  
(4) thanks from:
10-06-2010, 13:05   #5
amacachi
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 23,237
Getting listing ended.
amacachi is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2010, 13:10   #6
Abelloid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post
Getting listing ended.
Apologies, link updated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250631012815

Price is now upped to £8.89 too...
Abelloid is offline  
10-06-2010, 13:13   #7
Amalgam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post
Getting listing ended.
Quote:
This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or another one like this.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250631012815
Amalgam is offline  
10-06-2010, 13:13   #8
Fresh Pots
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacachi View Post
Getting listing ended.
This should work so.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...item53e1c47f1e


Very tempted to go buy one of these, I'm a sucker for any of these pointless gadgets!
Fresh Pots is offline  
10-06-2010, 13:26   #9
Tabnabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by squared View Post
This should work so.
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...item53e1c47f1e


Very tempted to go buy one of these, I'm a sucker for any of these pointless gadgets!
£7.98 from the first seller. That's father's day sorted!
Tabnabs is offline  
Advertisement
10-06-2010, 13:32   #10
Kashkai
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,408
I bought one for 1p on ebay last week...............

(postage was £6.50 though )

I plan to tape it to my rc glider which can fly up to 2,500ft high so should give me some good aerial shots of the surrounding countryside.

One word of caution though..........

My mate also bought one of these cameras and when he connected it to his pc, his internet security found a trojan horse in the camera's root directory. So be careful when you connect up these mini cams to your pc, might be a good idea to run a scan on it first.
Kashkai is offline  
Thanks from:
10-06-2010, 13:38   #11
Gone Drinking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosperous Dave View Post
his internet security found a trojan horse in the camera's root directory.
Really doubt it was any sort of virus, sometimes anti virus scanners mistake memory key software for a virus and flag them as containing trojans.
Gone Drinking is offline  
10-06-2010, 13:43   #12
Abelloid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosperous Dave View Post
I bought one for 1p on ebay last week...............

(postage was £6.50 though )

I plan to tape it to my rc glider which can fly up to 2,500ft high so should give me some good aerial shots of the surrounding countryside.

One word of caution though..........

My mate also bought one of these cameras and when he connected it to his pc, his internet security found a trojan horse in the camera's root directory. So be careful when you connect up these mini cams to your pc, might be a good idea to run a scan on it first.
The camera doesn't have any storage, it needs an SD card.
Abelloid is offline  
10-06-2010, 14:07   #13
Kashkai
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,408
I was there when he plugged it into the usb port on his laptop and Norton internet flashed up that it had found a trojan horse on the "mass media storage device", i.e. usb camera. His keychain camera came with a 2GB SD card.

My camera appears to be ok. Brilliant little gadget btw. I left it running on my desk in work when I went to lunch and it picked up on the "ladies" in my office picking their noses when they thought they were alone and unobserved .
Kashkai is offline  
10-06-2010, 14:10   #14
Abelloid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosperous Dave View Post
I was there when he plugged it into the usb port on his laptop and Norton internet flashed up that it had found a trojan horse on the "mass media storage device", i.e. usb camera. His keychain camera came with a 2GB SD card.

My camera appears to be ok. Brilliant little gadget btw. I left it running on my desk in work when I went to lunch and it picked up on the "ladies" in my office picking their noses when they thought they were alone and unobserved .
Youtube.


More info on the camera(s) here -

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/
Abelloid is offline  
(2) thanks from:
10-06-2010, 14:13   #15
Fresh Pots
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,112
Can you be charging it while its recording?
Fresh Pots is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet