Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

When did you buy?

Sat 12th, so guess it probably shipped Mon/Tues of last week, thought it was only middle of last week I ordered tbh, but either way, a little over a week for "free shipping" from HK is not bad, I've had orders with paid shipping takes 4/5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm read this whole thread twice but a lot of the links seem to be dead. Can someone post up a link to a working ebay listing ? Also - should I get a 2gb or 4gb card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Tusky wrote: »
    I'm read this whole thread twice but a lot of the links seem to be dead. Can someone post up a link to a working ebay listing ? Also - should I get a 2gb or 4gb card ?

Items listed on ebay expire after so many days. After clicking on the link view or search the sellers shop and you should them again. Id go for 4GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Jeez, there's life in the old thread yet ... who would've thought it... 13 pages, over 15,000 views and still going strong. All for a key fob camera! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Ya. But what a key fob camera!! And all for less than a tenner. Got mine yesterday. Great picture and the audio is good and clear as well. Teamed it up with an 8 gig card and getting about 20 mins per gig. Great bit of kit. thanks op. P.s When I open the video files in windows media, this software opens up, " ffdshow video decoder configuration". Not the most tech minded when it comes to this kind of stuff. Was wondering if some could shed some light on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Sorry, no idea. I always use VLC for media playback.

http://www.videolan.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

JustinOval wrote: »
    Sorry, no idea. I always use VLC for media playback.

http://www.videolan.org/

No problem. Doesn't affect playback, but I thought I might be able to change the settings on the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭TheCaveman

ok, so I got mine, thanks OP

But, I looked at the youtube instructions on how to get it to work.

I charged it for like 6 hours first

I have a 4Gb card in

Ok,
    Camera fasing upwards

I hold the bottom button till light comes on

than, it tells me to hold top button for few sec's till light flash 3 times, my light does not flash? Just stays on

Any ideas?

Oracle wrote: »
    Jeez, there's life in the old thread yet ... who would've thought it... 13 pages, over 15,000 views and still going strong. All for a key fob camera! :eek:
    All because of the suitability of the device to be glued to the toe of a shoe to make an excellent "Up-Kilt Cam".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Anyone still looking for one of these and cant find them on eBay, try ledshoppe.com

Got my 808 key fob this morning and quality of recording is excellent for the price ($14.99)

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/com/CA4061.htm

Site looks dodgy as hell but I have used them before and no issues. Accept PayPal also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ya. But what a key fob camera!! And all for less than a tenner. Got mine yesterday. Great picture and the audio is good and clear as well. Teamed it up with an 8 gig card and getting about 20 mins per gig. Great bit of kit. thanks op. P.s When I open the video files in windows media, this software opens up, " ffdshow video decoder configuration". Not the most tech minded when it comes to this kind of stuff. Was wondering if some could shed some light on it.

FFDShow is simply a codec for watching certain audio/video clips!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

The one I got records in AVI format. Used Quicktime to view one earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Gotta love the 'manual' :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=117855&stc=1&d=1277309974

Note the intro text at the top left and then the 'Serious Statement' down the bottom right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

For anyone looking for a cheap MicroSD, Argos have a 4gb one for under €9

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5466979/Trail/searchtext%3ESANDISK+4GB.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Thats part of the FFDShow codec. Should be an option to save the configuration settings.
    Failing that, I would reinstall FFDShow - I always do this by installing the ultimate codec pack called, CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

donmeister wrote: »
    For anyone looking for a cheap MicroSD, Argos have a 4gb one for under €9

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5466979/Trail/searchtext%3ESANDISK+4GB.htm
    Mine arrived today too. Haven't used it yet though. For some strange reason I thought a normal SD card would work in it.
    Anyway, if you don't want to que up in Argos, you can get an 8gb here from an Irish seller on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/8GB-SANDISK-MICRO-SDHC-TRANSFLASH-MEMORY-CARD-GENUINE-/270575625537?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_MemoryCards&hash=item3eff906541

It says it's genuine, but the last Sandisk card I got from Ebay (it was an Irish seller but don't think it was this one), was fake. It still worked a treat though so I never complained.

EDIT: I threw in the micro SD card out of my phone into it. It works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Got mine today but I can't get it working :(

It powers on fine and if I press the mode button with no card inside it starts flashing. As soon as I put in any mini sd card (I tried 3) it just locks up. It will power on but then the power off button or mode button don't do anything! Have to reset it to power off.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Edit: Did other people get a little box with this as Ive just seen on youtube?
    Mine was just wrapped in some bubble wrap along with a usb cable inside an envelope, no instructions even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Redisle wrote: »
    Got mine today but I can't get it working :(

It powers on fine and if I press the mode button with no card inside it starts flashing. As soon as I put in any mini sd card (I tried 3) it just locks up. It will power on but then the power off button or mode button don't do anything! Have to reset it to power off.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Edit: Did other people get a little box with this as Ive just seen on youtube?
    Mine was just wrapped in some bubble wrap along with a usb cable inside an envelope, no instructions even.
    Mine was wrapped in foam wrap (similar to the underlay you put under floorboards). It had the same instructions as scanned in above by KeRbDoG

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Cannot for the life of me set the date, mine much the same instructions but create 'SetTime' txt file in root of transflas......
    just had 'not inadmissable in a court of law' flash sounding in my head...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

chris1970 wrote: »
    Cannot for the life of me set the date, mine much the same instructions but create 'SetTime' txt file in root of transflas......
    just had 'not inadmissable in a court of law' flash sounding in my head...

Theres an application you can download to automate setting the time, its linked to here
    http://www.chucklohr.com/808/
    http://www.software-schlosser.de/index.php?nav=808setclock_en

• Advertisement

Yeah, crap.

This thing seems to have killed the 4gb card from my phone, phone no longer recognises it. When I put it in the camera the card actually heats up massively, noticed the same thing with 2 cards, looks like the camera has destroyed my nice Sandisk card :(

Im awaiting a new one in the post that I ordered for this but at this rate Id be afraid to try it.

Can anyone else check to see if their memory card gets noticeably hot during use?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Mine arrived in the post today, only I decided to order few extra items from the same eBay seller (eto2buy) and so the postman handed me these...

eto2buy_packets_R.jpg

10 or 12 tiny items, each wrapped in big ball of foam in separate envelopes. He prob now thinks I'm some kind of cheapskate nutter, avoiding customs and parcel-post fees :o

When do we get to see clips from these being used creatively? :D

I went out with the intention of attaching mine to a kite last week, it must have been the calmest Sunday Cork has ever seen... :rolleyes:

Yeah, crap.

This thing seems to have killed the 4gb card from my phone, phone no longer recognises it. When I put it in the camera the card actually heats up massively, noticed the same thing with 2 cards, looks like the camera has destroyed my nice Sandisk card :(

Im awaiting a new one in the post that I ordered for this but at this rate Id be afraid to try it.

Can anyone else check to see if their memory card gets noticeably hot during use?

Try formating the card on windows and see if it works again on your phone. I dont have one of these but it could just be the heat of the device warming up the card rather that the card itself generating heat.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So I tried to attach it to a kite yesterday with not the best of results. Normally the kite gets off the ground very easy with even a small bit of wind, but with the camera attached it couldn't. I'd expect it to do ok in a stronger wind, but i'll have to wait for another day for that. So what I did do was let the kite up about 5 metres and then attach the camera around the string with some tape. Most of the video is very jerky as as the string unwinds the camera bounces all over the place. So i'll say in advance, this video is very boring and uninteresting, but have a look if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ink Arcade

Yeah, crap.

Same happened me when I put my 8GB memory card from my phone into it. The camera wouldnt record either. I think all the phone software on the card clashed with some stuff on the mini-cam and in the end the card would work in either. Ive most of the stuff on it backed-up and I just formatted the card and it was working fine again.

While there was nothing on the card i stuck it back in the camera and it was working grand.

delly wrote: »
    So I tried to attach it to a kite yesterday with not the best of results. Normally the kite gets off the ground very easy with even a small bit of wind, but with the camera attached it couldn't. I'd expect it to do ok in a stronger wind, but i'll have to wait for another day for that. So what I did do was let the kite up about 5 metres and then attach the camera around the string with some tape. Most of the video is very jerky as as the string unwinds the camera bounces all over the place. So i'll say in advance, this video is very boring and uninteresting, but have a look if you want.

:D

I had a length of wire bent to mount it directly to the kite, pointing at the horizon. Might give it another go this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

delly wrote: »

Fupp me that's a hell of a garden you have there!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

milltown wrote: »
    Fupp me that's a hell of a garden you have there!

lol, i wish. I'm standing where numbers 1 and 2 of my road should be but never got built, and thanks to the recession they probably never will be which means some extra green space for the kids. Pizza delivery is a nightmare though, if the driver just counts the houses then they always knock in two doors past where they should.

• Advertisement

Got mine working anyway. Said Id chance the new card and it worked perfectly. Pretty sure my other 4gb card is screwed though, won't even come up with an sd card adaptor. Ah well. Looks like it's a #3 too, which is the best one according to the info site.

Advertisement