Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best wireless broadband in Dungarvan?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mr l

I think caseys do have great bb and normally when you ring them with a problem they would be out same day. But as of late when bb is down they block there phones which i find totally rude. When a person is paying for a service they surely deserve the right to speak to a rep or if the whole service is down sure i can understand they would be hampered with calls, but surely a simple voice message like, the service is currently unavailbe etc.... wouldnt be too much to ask for. At least you would know the problem is across the board rather than a individual glitch. Other than this, great service provider imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

anyone else's Internet playing up tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

No problems for me last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

Imagine vans around for the last few days, they say the wimax service is going live in the coming weeks, bring on the battle! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I had a wimax rep, IN MY HOUSE, after he tried to call me a liar when i told him the speeds i was recieving from Caseys.

Once i brought down the laptop and done a speed test, he soon apologised!

• Advertisement

PWR wrote: »
    Imagine vans around for the last few days, they say the wimax service is going live in the coming weeks, bring on the battle! :D

I honestly cannot see them providing to me what Casey does. What speeds do they offer and is there a cap?
    eeloe wrote: »
    I had a wimax rep, IN MY HOUSE, after he tried to call me a liar when i told him the speeds i was recieving from Caseys.

Any rep that called me a liar wouldn't be long ****ing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

Wimax now saying their service goes live around 23rd September, we'll see how good it is soon :D

PWR wrote: »
    Wimax now saying their service goes live around 23rd September, we'll see how good it is soon :D

What speeds do they offer and is there a cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

Caseys is good and all but in the past few weeks my internet speed is going down the drain and its getting slower the whole time. Also the new modem is a bit dodgy. Ive had to reboot the modem about four times since I got it in june. The old modem I had was almost bullet proof for seven years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Airmed

• Advertisement

I am always getting the full speed. It was the same in three different locations. I really don't understand how it can be so slow.

960557964.png

and that's connecting over wireless....which i find pretty stonkin!

I called them last week and i'm getting the 120meg line...

We'll see what kinda speeds my main PC(ethernet) is gonna get then!

Dungarvan, Ireland's answer to Tokyo.

:)

Dont expect anything good from that 120MB connection. I have the same router he will give you and its not a good router at all. I am supposed to get 60MB/s connection and heres what I am actually getting

965985969.png

They change my router and all was good, now i have blocked ports and cant play WOW since saturday...

Did you go into the routers OS and try to change the settings?

I gave Casey's my routers mac address and my internet speed has improved a lot. It seems like my router might have had a remote update this morning because I had to reboot the modem and when I did my wireless speed increased a whole lot.

My wireless speed increased by 30MB/s today. Still day time internet speed is a bit slow. The Modem seems to think that my brand new Intel 1156 Core i5 motherboard (which is the latest tech) is an old connection (showing orange instead of green). The connection on m y computers motherboard is 10/100/1000 connection.

Does Caseys intentionally buy cheap inferior hardware and charge us a premium for it? I am sure they could have gotten better modem / routers than what they are currently supplying.

I have no problems with the modem that they supplied to me. I never have.

The old modem I had for about seven years was flawless , but the new one they supplied to me is dodgy. Half of the time I am getting slow internet access and I have to keep resetting it every once in a while. Maybe the modem I have could be a bad one from the factory.

I just done a magnet speedtest and my internet is a bit fudged tonight with it @ 11MB/s I was sure I was paying for almost six times that speed. Heres my test from speedtest.net for the server thats always the fastest for me

1003101845.png

• Advertisement

I cant edit my last post so I will reply instead.

The 60MB/s internet and 120mb/s isnt worth the money unless you own a business. I dont see any difference in most websites with my 60mb/s connection so I am changing back to the 30mb/s internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 seannie69

can sum1 help me plz,how can i turn off the wireless connection on my modem its a scientific atlanta epc2434 model??????????,and 1 more question stupid 1 but yano urself how do i access the settings on my modem,thankin you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

seannie69 wrote: »
    can sum1 help me plz,how can i turn off the wireless connection on my modem its a scientific atlanta epc2434 model??????????,and 1 more question stupid 1 but yano urself how do i access the settings on my modem,thankin you in advance

Well i am going to assume that you are wanting to turn off the wireless modem on your computer and just use the ethernet cable connected between the router and pc? before i answer that question could you enlighten me as to why you would want to do that? there may be alternative solutions to your pc problems:D

Well i am going to assume that you are wanting to turn off the wireless modem on your computer and just use the ethernet cable connected between the router and pc? before i answer that question could you enlighten me as to why you would want to do that? there may be alternative solutions to your pc problems:D
    ive no problems wit my comp i want 2 stop sum1 from using my internet he has the code 2 my modem and if i can turn off the wireless connection he wont b able 2 use it,does this help you!!!!!and thanks for replying

before i answer that question could you enlighten me as to why you would want to do that?

Ethernet > Wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

Not sure what you mean by that minstrel? anyway seanie what router do you have and who is your internet with,i may have a solution for you?;)

Not sure what you mean by that minstrel? anyway seanie what router do you have and who is your internet with,i may have a solution for you?;)
    its a scientific atlanta epc2434 model and with casey's cablevision

Ive moved back to 30mb?s internet and most webpsges fail to load fully now.

Which modem are you using?

• Advertisement

Steve30x wrote: »
    Ive moved back to 30mb?s internet and most webpsges fail to load fully now.

Sounds to me like you computer is full of spyware man!

Advertisement