Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi, The Circle Tour 2010

Options
  • 23-02-2010 9:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know why bon jovi arent holding a concert in ireland like they have in previous years, all the dates seem to be posted already and we're not on the list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

slade_x wrote: »
    Does anyone know why bon jovi arent holding a concert in ireland like they have in previous years, all the dates seem to be posted already and we're not on the list?

Hi, they have nowhere near announced all of the dates yet.......this is a massive World Tour - so I'm expecting them to be here next year rather than this year.........don't think there are many Euro dates outside the O2 London gigs....there's over 135 dates in total....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

the circle tour will be coming to ireland summer 2011 most likely the aviva stadium or croke park and tickets should go on sale later in the year id say

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

There is currently rumours for a concert in June 2010, fingers crossed its true!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Is this where the Bon Jovi for Slane rumours will start :p

RayCon wrote: »
    Is this where the Bon Jovi for Slane rumours will start :p

Had heard rumours of Slane but kind of hoping that was isn't true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

It was confirmed on bonjovi.com that they will be over here in 2011.
    Hopefully to Lansdowne Road.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Irishshin wrote: »
    It was confirmed on bonjovi.com that they will be over here in 2011.
    Hopefully to Lansdowne Road.

Yea i def prefer stadium shows then just and open field like Punchestown. Better atmosphere so would hope they play the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭musicmania

Yea i def prefer stadium shows then just and open field like Punchestown. Better atmosphere so would hope they play the Aviva

ANYWHERE rather than Punchestown!!!! That is the worst venue in the world!!!! Well worst outdoor venue in Ireland anyway. We were quite close to the front when BJ played there the last time and we could barely see anything due to a massive hollow that seemed to stretch across the whole venue! Didn't stop me enjoying seeing them for a 4th time though!
    I was really annoyed when I saw the dates for their tour for this year but I have faith we will see them next year :)

musicmania wrote: »
    ANYWHERE rather than Punchestown!!!! That is the worst venue in the world!!!! Well worst outdoor venue in Ireland anyway. We were quite close to the front when BJ played there the last time and we could barely see anything due to a massive hollow that seemed to stretch across the whole venue! Didn't stop me enjoying seeing them for a 4th time though!
    I was really annoyed when I saw the dates for their tour for this year but I have faith we will see them next year :)

Yea they will def be playing next year possibly Slane either

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

i think the general tour plan kicking off was a couple of shows in london and one in paris this year and return with a major european leg next year - but the demand is obviously there for them to keep adding dates in london - so there may be scope for irish dates yet - i had a sneaking suspicion when Lord Henry spoke about secret negotiations for Slane that it might be them but they really need to get their skates on as while Bon Jovi shows have big crowds they are a slow seller, would prob need a co-headliner at this stage - remember them having to switch from Semple Stadium to RDS back in the 90's to get the crowd in

i have my tickets for Bercy anyways:) have been to all their irish gigs so far, and one in vegas:D be interesting to see what the french show is like

i actually enjoyed the Punchestown show more than Croker??!!

• Advertisement

Hated Punchestown as well as a venue. Show was fantastic but venue sucked.
    I went and bought tickets for the O2 17th June.
    None of those O2 shows have sold out and I cannot see any of them selling out...unless they drastically reduce ticket prices closer to the shows....which is what I am hoping they will do so I can go on the 19th too :D

Am hoping they don't play Slane. They normally have August off anyways, think that is when Slane is?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

musicmania wrote: »

Who else laughed?:o
    evillive wrote: »
    i think the general tour plan kicking off was a couple of shows in london and one in paris this year and return with a major european leg next year - but the demand is obviously there for them to keep adding dates in london - so there may be scope for irish dates yet - i had a sneaking suspicion when Lord Henry spoke about secret negotiations for Slane that it might be them but they really need to get their skates on as while Bon Jovi shows have big crowds they are a slow seller, would prob need a co-headliner at this stage - remember them having to switch from Semple Stadium to RDS back in the 90's to get the crowd in

i have my tickets for Bercy anyways:) have been to all their irish gigs so far, and one in vegas:D be interesting to see what the french show is like

i actually enjoyed the Punchestown show more than Croker??!!

Bercy is a cool venue. Hope your not near the top or too far down one end(towards stage, if seating), as can be difficult to see.

I enjoyed the show at punchestown was right up the front but taking nearly 2 hours to get out of the carpark was a joke, could have nearly walked home in that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

just back from the Paris show, great gig, French crowd very loud (not so noisy after the Mexico match on Thursday!!:D) , Bercy a great venue, band played for 2hrs 20 - 24 songs setlist below - hopefully the Irish leg of the tour will be indoors - sound was decent, stage show pretty good, not too much banter between songs, so the band fairly rattled through them, Richie was in good shape and seems to be back on track, Jon played more guitar too than i've seen before - David and Richie got vocals on one track each, cant say i've ever heard them play Let it Rock, great live song, definitely consider paying a few quid extra for Circle tickets, really looked like the place to be to get close to the stage

1. Blood on Blood
    2. We Weren't Born To Follow
    3. You give Love a Bad Name
    4. Raise Your Hands
    5. Born To Be My Baby
    6. Lost Highway
    7. When We Were Beautiful
    8. Captain Crash
    9. We Got It Goin' On
    10. Bad Medicine w/ Pretty Woman
    11. Lay Your Hands on Me
    12. Bed of Roses
    13. I'll Be There For You
    14. Something For the Pain
    15. Some day I'll be Saturday Night
    16. Sleep when i'm dead
    17. It's My Life
    18. Working Man
    19. Who Says you cant go home
    20. Keep the Faith
    1 encore
    21. Let It Rock
    22. In These Arms
    23. Wanted Dead Or Alive
    24. Livin on A Prayer

evillive wrote: »
    just back from the Paris show, great gig, French crowd very loud (not so noisy after the Mexico match on Thursday!!:D) , Bercy a great venue, band played for 2hrs 20 - 24 songs setlist below - hopefully the Irish leg of the tour will be indoors - sound was decent, stage show pretty good, not too much banter between songs, so the band fairly rattled through them, Richie was in good shape and seems to be back on track, Jon played more guitar too than i've seen before - David and Richie got vocals on one track each, cant say i've ever heard them play Let it Rock, great live song, definitely consider paying a few quid extra for Circle tickets, really looked like the place to be to get close to the stage

1. Blood on Blood
    2. We Weren't Born To Follow
    3. You give Love a Bad Name
    4. Raise Your Hands
    5. Born To Be My Baby
    6. Lost Highway
    7. When We Were Beautiful
    8. Captain Crash
    9. We Got It Goin' On
    10. Bad Medicine w/ Pretty Woman
    11. Lay Your Hands on Me
    12. Bed of Roses
    13. I'll Be There For You
    14. Something For the Pain
    15. Some day I'll be Saturday Night
    16. Sleep when i'm dead
    17. It's My Life
    18. Working Man
    19. Who Says you cant go home
    20. Keep the Faith
    1 encore
    21. Let It Rock
    22. In These Arms
    23. Wanted Dead Or Alive
    24. Livin on A Prayer

Thanks for sharing this! Great setlist!!!! I hope they play indoors here for a few gigs too. If they do I plan on going to as many shows as my finances will allow and preferably to different sections each night leaving the circle til the final night!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Excellent setlist. All the songs included that I wanna hear! I hope they come to Ireland! :)

I went them to see them in the O2 last week, Thursday & Saturday night. Saturday was the best show I have been to, seen them 10 times so far.

Thursday night Richie sang Homebound Train, absolutly made my night, he was fantastic. Also played Miss Fourth Of July, Love For Sale, Blood Money

We got Wild Is The Wind & Something To Beleive In on the Sat night, heard them sound checking them before we went in so were hoping so much for them :D Richie sang Lay Your Hands On Me, Also had Love For Sale again! Wild In The Streets.
    Something To Beleive In was just epic. It was amazing.

They sounded great, Jon's voice is improving so much.

They were so good I bought tickets for the 26th so am off over to London again on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Toweroverme_x

OMG :eek: ... they ARE coming back to Ireland??? seriously? that just made my day!! i was so upset when i saw they weren't doing EU dates. i saw them the last 2 times they played here, epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 eoin27

I agree with Punchestown being a bad venue.

They seriously improved their setlist and Jon is holding back no punches with the singing. Aviva would be a great venue but I'd pay anything to see them in the O2 in Dublin

eoin27 wrote: »
    I agree with Punchestown being a bad venue.

They seriously improved their setlist and Jon is holding back no punches with the singing. Aviva would be a great venue but I'd pay anything to see them in the O2 in Dublin

Yea id say Aviva is where they will play although would love to see them indoors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I seen these guys in Kildare. Was offered a free ticket and went for Kid Rock. Wanted to leave straight after but was told there were no buses going back until 90 minutes into Jovi's set...so I stayed and ended up being there until the end, great set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I seen these guys in Kildare. Was offered a free ticket and went for Kid Rock.

i went to see kid rock in the olympia, he can put on some show, brilliant live.

Yea Kid Rock was great pity that Razorlight were on after him

Yea Kid Rock was great pity that Razorlight were on after him

I went there expecting Kid Rock to suck and Razorlight to be fantastic.
    Was the total opposite. Razorlight just sucked. Bad. Crap opening act.
    Kid Rock was great though.

He opened for Jovi last 4 nights at the London O2, saw him the last night and he was really great this time round too.

I went there expecting Kid Rock to suck and Razorlight to be fantastic.
    Was the total opposite. Razorlight just sucked. Bad. Crap opening act.
    Kid Rock was great though.

He opened for Jovi last 4 nights at the London O2, saw him the last night and he was really great this time round too.

I was the opposite tbh. I had seen Razorlight twice before and the 2nd Oxegen 07 turned me off them. Couldnt wait to see Kid Rock was hoping we would get Daughtry on the tour . I felt not many people knew Kid Rock's stuff where i was so me and my friend felt like the only people singing to his stuff

Kid Rock was great supporting the boys and then in the Olympia too, hope he comes back next year and in the Aviva too would be great. Was in the aviva today for the rugby and can't wait to get back in there for a concert, it would look great at night with all the concert lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 KickingKen

great set lists from what i read....lots of Slippery, and New Jersey......there best 2 albums IMO....liked Keep The Faith also but havent been into their music since that album....(must be my age...38).....but reading those set lists would love to see them again for the nostalgia.....Aviva would be perfect

They are supposed to be bringing out a Greatest Hits before Christmas, so next year should be fantastic! :)

They are supposed to be bringing out a Greatest Hits before Christmas, so next year should be fantastic! :)

Yes they are. Next year is already promising to be one great year for gigs. I've already booked tickets for one and from what I hear alot of my favourites are coming. I just need to pray none of them clash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

just read the mirror during lunch there folks,

according to them, its a done deal, and there'll be at least two gigs next summer (probably June/July time).

tickets will be on sale before christmas.

it says that there'll be 40,000 capacity for seats and then what ever the pitch holds, so id say at least 60,00 a night!!

happy days!! glad to be the bearer of good news!:)

Advertisement