Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Mobile complaints procedure

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Finally got my phone on the 9th of August (having ordered it on the 4th of July).
    Got credited a whopping €10 for the inconvenience!

Aaaaaaaaaaand now, 3 full business days after receiving the phone, I'm still waiting for my new sim card to work. :rolleyes:
    Have been on to them on Twitter (on Tuesday) and their forum (Wednesday and today).
    On Wednesday I was told everything was fine on their end, despite me not being able to make calls/send texts and that I get "Number not in service" when I try ring my new phone from another mobile.
    Still waiting for a solution.

If I didn't love the phone so much already I'd seriously consider returning it, telling Meteor to go **** themselves and going to Three. I sure as hell won't be using Meteor once my contract is up, that's after nearly 10 years as a customer.

As of today, Meteor have no record of the number they sent me - no wonder it doesn't work! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your in a consumer issues forum, having a truck load of problems before your even on the network. Is there alarm bells not ringing in your head yet.

Naturally.
    I still have my PAYG sim and phone though so I'm not terribly badly off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

I got an email back from Stephen Beynon saying he'd received my letter, and it was the longest letter complaint letter he'd ever received. He apologised that I wasn't getting the service I'm entitled to expect from them and passed on my letter to Tommy Geary who runs the Customer Service organisation.
    Since then, I have been speaking to someone more senior in the Customer Care Dept and I have now had the roaming costs waived and as a goodwill gesture, have been offered free data usage for 3 months.:)
    I have also been told that merely turning my phone off and removing the SIM card for a few minutes might have actually stopped all the texts coming in while I was in UK, urgiung me to accept roaming charges.
    So, I am happy with Meteor once again, but it's worth mentioning I had to go to the very top to resolve my issue. However, once I did, they couldn't have been more helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daviseric

The staff are terrible! I wanted to switch over and take 4 other numbers over from my business, went into there Dundalk store and one of there male staff members was very uninterested in my business or his job. When I asked which plan would be best suited for me and my business all I got from him was "errrrr...I dunno" With the way things are I would think meteor would want all the business they could get !
    Now after reading this thread i'm glad the "sales" person was completely inept in his job!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I've only ever had good experiences with Meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dino0903

I'm a newbie

I just tried to get a mobile for my wife for christmas on the €59 a month unlimited use tariff. POrting from a different network too so you think they would be happy with the business

My application was rejected and they wont tell me why without writing to them - I have phoned but they wont deal with me

I signed up for a new car yesterday and passed credit contol with Ford Ireland for over €25,000 but today E-mobile /meteor have an unspecified problem (I dont know if its credit control or something else)

I have emailed them but no response - does not look like I will get this sorted by Christmas./ Customer service seems very poor and if this thread is anything to go by god help me!

Any advise?

Advertisement