Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which insurance to go for? Allianz/petinsure/insure.ie

Options
  • 31-10-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to decide on which pet insurance plan to go for:
    (domestic cat - 3yrs old + boxer 8wks old - both non-smokers!)

These are the quotes I'm getting.
    Which would you go for??

#1 Allianz €350/yr €75 excess
    - covers 4k vet fees / 250k 3rd party liabilities

#2 Petinsure.ie Careplus €281/yr €60 excess
    - covers 3.5k vet fees / 250k 3rd party liabilities

#3 Petinsure.ie Careplan €234/yr €150 excess
    - covers 3.5k vet fees / 250k 3rd party liabilities

#4 123.ie Premium plan €262/yr €69 excess
    - covers 2.5k vet fees / 250k 3rd party liabilities

#5 123.ie accident only (not illness)
    €123/yr €69 excess
    - covers 2k vet fees / 250k 3rd party liabilities
    -seems too little cover for me (need illness cover)

Does the premium go up if you make a claim in the year?

Is there a need for 4k vet coverage versus 2k? wouldn't 2k cover a lot?

Any input on this greatly appreciated.

I hope the figures above are a good help to people to get a feel for prices out there. I don't see any mention of petinsure.ie in past threads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

We have Allianz pet Insurance. They seem to be the only ones that vets deal with directly. Our pup was sick last week and they sent off a claim form and will wait for Allianz to pay them rather than us paying and having to wait for the cheque. A 2 night stay in the vets costs €300+ so i would go with the 4k a year just incase.. our pup had kennel cough and took a reaction to the tablets and ended up in the vets for 3 nights altogether. Very glad we had insurance.
    Also with allianz the excess is per illness not per visit.. not sure about the others

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

All the insurance malarky confuses me, we were is Allianz before so went with them again they seem to be the most popular but it's all Greek to me (sorry not much help).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055704557

hey there - try scanning through this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

I've always used Allianz, just found that they were the easiest to deal with and straightforward when it came to making claims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Howitzer wrote: »
    Does the premium go up if you make a claim in the year?

Ditto this question??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

votejohn wrote: »
    Ditto this question??!

Its been a while since I've had to make a claim but as far as I can remember yes the premium does go up but not significantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kd20

Allianz is good but its dear, I insured my lad 3 yrs ago, it started off at 14 something a month its now 19.47 a month, there was only 1 claim in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

we're with petinsure, the premium has gone up slightly, but not sure if this has got to do with not getting the first year's discount or making a claim. Paying 19 Euros/month for two cats.

Anyhoo - they were great when we had to claim - not much paperwork, and prompt refund, I think within a couple of days of submitting the paperwork.

The headache i am having with allianz with my dog insurence . They are taking the money and seding me letters to fill out another form. 3 forms later they are still reminding me that i have no insurence as i have yet to fill out the form . I called them and they have told me that the forms that i have filled in are blank . Which is stupid by this stage i have filled them out 3 times.

Anyway here goes the fourth attempt .

Advertisement