Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noclight: Master of Nothing

Options
  • 27-09-2009 8:31pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

And in the Noclight this week, it's the MoN of mystery himself ... :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

- Favourite Transformer?
    - Did you do the half in the Phoenix Park yesterday, and if so, what was your finishing time?
    - Favourite bands?
    - What will I have to buy you at the next Nocbeers?
    - Recommend me a veggie recipe to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So, why Starscream?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

What fora are on your subbed list?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Is your nick related to Metallica?

• Moderators Posts: 51,719 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1) Last gig you went to??
    2) Best gig you have been to??
    3) Can you play any musicial instruments??
    4) Any tv shows that you watch regularly??
    5) Favourite country you've travelled to??
    6) What country that you haven't been to, would you like to visit??
    7) Tea or coffee??
    8) Do you have a favourite author??

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

being ginger is just awesome! right! ?

favourite dinner?

what make is your mob phone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

If you had to kiss one of the people who've asked a question here so far ... which one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

- Favourite Transformer?
    - Did you do the half in the Phoenix Park yesterday, and if so, what was your finishing time?
    - Favourite bands?
    - What will I have to buy you at the next Nocbeers?
    - Recommend me a veggie recipe to try.

- Favourite Transformer? Autobots it was always Ratchet, Decepticons would be Starscream:) It goes back to childhood and actually seeing the original series on tv;)
    - Did you do the half in the Phoenix Park yesterday, and if so, what was your finishing time? My entry was too late apparently so i could not run it:( However i am still in training for the Dublin City Marathon and it is going well. And hopefully you ran it good yourself!
    - Favourite bands? Depends on genre, but Muse and Daft Punk are my all time favourites:D
    - What will I have to buy you at the next Nocbeers? That would be a pint of Miller if on the sauce, or a soda water n lime if not.
    - Recommend me a veggie recipe to try. Vegetarian Curry...so simple and it looks like chicken when you add in tofu;)
    Galvasean wrote: »
    So, why Starscream?
    Well the Starscream from the original series appealed to my dark side, but willingness to let people do stupid things before i do lol.

Plus i like his colouring and the fact he is a fighter jet...c'mon who doesn't like fighter jets!!

What fora are on your subbed list?
    After Hours
    Athletics/Running/Triathlon
    Eyeglasses & Contact Lens & Eyecare
    Films
    Fitness
    GAA
    Humour
    *seekrit forum not to be spoken of*
    Personal Issues
    Soccer
    The Gentleman's Club
    The Ladies Lounge (its an interesting place)
    The Nocturnal Forum
    Top Gear
    Vegan and Vegetarian
    :)
    Is your nick related to Metallica?
    I only realised that very thing now, i never thought it could be haha! Although Metallica are awesome!

koth wrote: »
    1) Last gig you went to??
    2) Best gig you have been to??
    3) Can you play any musicial instruments??
    4) Any tv shows that you watch regularly??
    5) Favourite country you've travelled to??
    6) What country that you haven't been to, would you like to visit??
    7) Tea or coffee??
    8) Do you have a favourite author??

1) Last gig you went to?? Metallica in Marlay Park in August
    2) Best gig you have been to?? Muse in Marlay Park last year...it was made of pure epicness and i was in the centre only 4 rows from that legend Matt Bellamy:D
    3) Can you play any musicial instruments?? currently no, but want to learn playing electric guitar early next year.
    4) Any tv shows that you watch regularly?? Smallville, Heroes, Top Gear, The IT Crowd, The Sunday Game and i try to catch episodes of QI online.
    5) Favourite country you've travelled to?? Probably Canada when i was 19.
    6) What country that you haven't been to, would you like to visit?? Japan, Australia or Norway would be the top choices.
    7) Tea or coffee?? Prefer coffee but drink waaaaaay more tea lol
    8) Do you have a favourite author?? Joseph Delaney

• Advertisement

emo!! wrote: »
    being ginger is just awesome! right! ?

favourite dinner?

what make is your mob phone!?

being ginger is just awesome! right! ? It is the best kind of awesome!!:D i consider myself really lucky to be a redhead!

favourite dinner? Probably a veggie curry nyom! nyom!:D

what make is your mob phone!? Nokia 5310 XpressMusic (the original model i bought a week after it came on general sale).
    6th wrote: »
    If you had to kiss one of the people who've asked a question here so far ... which one?
    It would have to be a female, and preferrably single as i stay well away from the attached. And since i dont know the status of the ladies in here, i cannot fully answer;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1) why in the hell are you a veggie?! taste reasons or "zomfg dont hurt the widdle piggy" reasons?

2) best book you have ever read?

3) favourite stand up comedian?

4) beavis or butthead (sorry have to ask everyone)

5) do you ps3 or xbox or wii? if so whats your favourite game?

6) if you could be one person for a day who would it be and why?

7) what time are you aiming to run the marathon in?

8) if you had 1 gun, 1 bullet, and immunity, who would you kill and why?

9) favourite jim carrey movie?

10) if you could only listen to 1 song for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

1) why in the hell are you a veggie?! taste reasons or "zomfg dont hurt the widdle piggy" reasons?

2) best book you have ever read?

3) favourite stand up comedian?

4) beavis or butthead (sorry have to ask everyone)

5) do you ps3 or xbox or wii? if so whats your favourite game?

6) if you could be one person for a day who would it be and why?

7) what time are you aiming to run the marathon in?

8) if you had 1 gun, 1 bullet, and immunity, who would you kill and why?

9) favourite jim carrey movie?

10) if you could only listen to 1 song for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

1) why in the hell are you a veggie?! taste reasons or "zomfg dont hurt the widdle piggy" reasons? I never really had a taste for meat while growing up, the occasional burger or some sausages but thats it...then i learned how sausages are actually made a few years ago and that got the ball rolling. Plus i feel alot healthier from my decision.

2) best book you have ever read? The Bachman Books by Stephen King (well an alias;))

3) favourite stand up comedian? Old skool would be Billy Connolly, new would be i dunno...you or Sean? seriously though Bill Bailey.

4) beavis or butthead (sorry have to ask everyone) Butthead, Beavis was a step too far on the moron scale:pac:

5) do you ps3 or xbox or wii? if so whats your favourite game? Have not owned a console in years, but my fave game was Final Fantasy X on ps2

6) if you could be one person for a day who would it be and why? Mary Harney, so i could get her to quit her job and start exercising!!

7) what time are you aiming to run the marathon in? Under 3h30m would be amazing but 3h45m is a realistic target right now:)

8) if you had 1 gun, 1 bullet, and immunity, who would you kill and why? Michael Bay, for his horrendous movies...did you see what he done to TF2?:(

9) favourite jim carrey movie? Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls:D chhhiiiiiiitttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

10) if you could only listen to 1 song for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? It would be this:

And because it just evokes pure feeling of happiness, i love it so much and it would HAVE to be this version of it, not Nina Simone's one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

what do you think of muse's new album?

What do you think of Mr Bellamy himself?

Name your 3 fave muse songs

and are you going to see then in the 02 later this year

and lastly dont muse just kick ass! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I only realised that very thing now, i never thought it could be haha! Although Metallica are awesome!

I thought of "Master Of Puppets" + "King Nothing" since I first saw your name ^_^
    TY for helping me with my curiousity :)

emo!! wrote: »
    what do you think of muse's new album?

What do you think of Mr Bellamy himself?

Name your 3 fave muse songs

and are you going to see then in the 02 later this year

and lastly dont muse just kick ass! :P

what do you think of muse's new album? Very very good, i've grown to loving I Belong To You and Unnatural Selection as my favourites of the album so far.

What do you think of Mr Bellamy himself? A prodigy, someone with talent like that...i could only dream of it!! And a really funny guy too:)

Name your 3 fave muse songs 1. Feeling Good 2. Plug In Baby 3. Falling Away With You.

and are you going to see then in the 02 later this year? I wish i was, tickets were all sold out by the time i could afford one:(

and lastly dont muse just kick ass! :P They do indeed, amazing band who always manage to impress greatly with each album, even though they changed their style for each one they've released. Legends
    I thought of "Master Of Puppets" + "King Nothing" since I first saw your name ^_^
    TY for helping me with my curiousity :)
    Very good observation there from you, i would never have seen that but now that i have...:D

Smart lady you are;)

1) re: muses new album, do you not think that they are doing a bit too much of a queen impersonation with certain songs....especially united states of eurasia?

2) what did you think of the latest season of top gear?

3) are you looking forward to michael bays tf3?! :p

4) worst movie remake? (tf doesnt count coz thats a reboot not a remake)

5) are you religious at all?

6) were you ever into wrestling?

7) have you been in the o2 new point?

8) favourite batman?

9) who would you like to play the joker in the new batman movie?

10) favourite billy connolly live show?

• Moderators Posts: 51,719 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1) can you drive a car??
    2) what would your dream car be??
    3) do you support a soccer team??

If you can read this, you're too close!

1) re: muses new album, do you not think that they are doing a bit too much of a queen impersonation with certain songs....especially united states of eurasia?

2) what did you think of the latest season of top gear?

3) are you looking forward to michael bays tf3?! :p

4) worst movie remake? (tf doesnt count coz thats a reboot not a remake)

5) are you religious at all?

6) were you ever into wrestling?

7) have you been in the o2 new point?

8) favourite batman?

9) who would you like to play the joker in the new batman movie?

10) favourite billy connolly live show?

1) re: muses new album, do you not think that they are doing a bit too much of a queen impersonation with certain songs....especially united states of eurasia? Well that was the first thing that popped into my head when i first heard the song after it was leaked, very Queen like in its appearance but i could only say fair play to them for using those lads as an inspiration. sure thats the only one that sounds that way anyway:)

2) what did you think of the latest season of top gear? Actually haven't seen alot of it but so far, i would say it is running out of steam after so many seasons, like all lengthy tv series do, even with Captain Slow being extremely witty.

3) are you looking forward to michael bays tf3?! :p you bet i am!!:pac: (only because of the Transformers though;)

4) worst movie remake? (tf doesnt count coz thats a reboot not a remake) There are so many turkeys out there it would be really hard to choose...

5) are you religious at all? In organised religion, not a shred...but if you count Paganism as a religion then maybe a bit as i loooove Halloween so much.

6) were you ever into wrestling? I was a big fan up until i was 17-18, then someone ruined it for me by saying it was all fake!! how dare they!!!:pac:

7) have you been in the o2 new point? Not yet, but i would like to go sometime.

8) favourite batman? Movie - Batman Forever (i dont care about Chris O'Donnell, just Jim Carrey:D) Cartoon - Batman: The Animated Series.

9) who would you like to play the joker in the new batman movie? Seeing as Heath Ledger nailed it to a tee i dunno who could really pull it off...

10) favourite billy connolly live show? One Night Stand Down Under...i cannot count the amount of times i almost wet myself laughing at it:P

koth wrote: »
    1) can you drive a car??
    2) what would your dream car be??
    3) do you support a soccer team??

1) can you drive a car?? I've not really tried, but i'd probably get the hang of it really fast.

2) what would your dream car be?? Nissan Skyline R34 Nismo

3) do you support a soccer team?? I supported Leeds United as a teen, these days i dont bother and just play hurling instead:D

• Advertisement

1) south park vs simpsons vs family guy vs futurama vs american dad? whats your fav?

2) are you looking forward to the cleveland show (family guy spin off)?

3) what has been your favourite question asked thus far by any poster :p

4) who is your favourite boardsie?

5) ever had surgery?

6) if you could marry one woman who would be it be and why? (pictures are accepted as a valid answer :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Favourite dino?

How old are you?

No really, stop lying. You're not that old. (not really a question, but)

GAA football or hurling?

What position do you play?

Do you play the field? (Do you see what I did there?)

Most looking forward to: a) football world cop b) rugby world cup c) olympics ?

1) can you drive a car?? I've not really tried, but i'd probably get the hang of it really fast.

Humble much? :D

Do you really remember everything?

Describe your last dream to me?

Where is your favorite place in Dublin? And out of Dublin?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

What did you do with your locks when you were deliaed?

Were you a bold child?

Top ten list of things to do before you hit 30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

-What annoys you about society?
    -The world is facing extinction, pick your team of five to save it!
    -Five people you wouldn't wanna see at the end of your bed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Do you like to boogie?

What's your favourite tipple?

Favourite hurler of all time?

1) south park vs simpsons vs family guy vs futurama vs american dad? whats your fav?

2) are you looking forward to the cleveland show (family guy spin off)?

3) what has been your favourite question asked thus far by any poster :p

4) who is your favourite boardsie?

5) ever had surgery?

6) if you could marry one woman who would be it be and why? (pictures are accepted as a valid answer :pac:)

1) South Park wins hands down, always original and always funny:D

2) Had not heard of it until you asked...must look that up thanks!

3) "Best gig you have been to??" by koth...i have very very fond memories of that day and will never forget them, nobody ever forgets the first Muse concert you go to;)

4) I have to say, and not just because i'm in the Noclight, but every Boardsie i've met in my eight and a half years here has been so nice and have not met any bad people tbh:) So i actually do not have a favourite! i can say you here tho to get off the hook!

5) Two operations on my nasal cavity as a child because i developed breathing difficulties, thats it for surgery...injuries are a different story:P

6) Shock horror...she's not a redhead!!:eek::eek:

deschanel-zooey_584.jpg

Galvasean wrote: »
    Favourite dino?

How old are you?

No really, stop lying. You're not that old. (not really a question, but)

GAA football or hurling?

What position do you play?

Do you play the field? (Do you see what I did there?)

Most looking forward to: a) football world cop b) rugby world cup c) olympics ?

1) This bad boy (Stegosaurus):

stegosaurus_550px.jpg

2) I am 28 yrs old

3) Yes i really am, almost everyone says 21 when they first have a guess:pac:

4) Definately Hurling, have had a love for it since i was a child but never played...and half my family are from Tipperary so that probably rubbed off in some way (don't hate me emo!!):P

5) Left corner forward (Number 15 on the field)

6) Not as much as i should, and yes i did;)

7) Olympic Games, always watch this when it comes around!!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Humble much? :D

Do you really remember everything?

Describe your last dream to me?

Where is your favorite place in Dublin? And out of Dublin?

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

What did you do with your locks when you were deliaed?

Were you a bold child?

Top ten list of things to do before you hit 30?

1) I don't really remember EVERYTHING, although i do tend to do very well in written tests, but i have a tendency to remember the most useless and innocuous things that others will not, like the colour of someone's shoes or what a sign/slogan on a wall said lol.

2) The last one i can remember...hmmm...it involved me hiding out in a building with a sniper rifle picking people off a la Counter Strike and i was on the terrorist team...red team ha! (google some vids if you've not a clue what i am talking about) but they didnt die, just respawn lol!! Oh i had some ice-cream and a pancake on my shooting break:P

3) In Dublin, probably Phoenix Park and outside would be Galway...such a great place.

4) 2 pairs of going out shoes, 3 pairs of trainers, 2 pairs of slip on pumps and 2 pairs of skate shoes.

5) My local barber, and the people in there didnt believe all that hair came from my head...he just swept it up and i think he donated it somewhere (it was ALOT of hair)

6) Yes, i was a very bold child:pac:

7)
    Run a marathon - doing that in three weeks time
    Do a bungee jump
    Do a parachute jump
    Visit another foreign country
    Own some DC's and Onitsuka Tigers
    See Muse again:D
    Try some really old whiskey straight
    Get myself a job as a sports therapist, reflexologist or masseur
    Get so wasted i cannot remember the night before - not done that yet:P
    Continue to get i.d checks everytime i go to a nightclub;)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    -What annoys you about society?
    -The world is facing extinction, pick your team of five to save it!
    -Five people you wouldn't wanna see at the end of your bed? :pac:

1) Intolerance...there are so many ways to solve problems in this world yet the idiot governments will never listen to the citizens because they have an inferiority complex and believe letting us mere peons sort out their mess will lessen them in some way:mad:

2) Team America World Police...they can solve any problem!!

3)
    Bono - I just get the creeps anytime is see him, has an evil aura about him
    Death...unless he's the cool Death from Family Guy:pac:
    Some weird guy i know from my area...no reason needed tbh
    The Chuckle Brothers - they really really really annoy me for some odd reason and to get rid of them would count as one victory:P
    Louis Walsh - would probably try to convert me into a reality tv watcher, one of my worst nightmares!!
    trowelled wrote: »
    Do you like to boogie?

What's your favourite tipple?

Favourite hurler of all time?

1) Oh yes i certainly do!! if i am on a night out i'm usually either on the dancefloor or at the bar;)

2)If pints: Miller and if shots: Jaeger or Sambuca

3) Nicky English, pure legend of a hurler and he was a Tipp player...just class:)

• Advertisement

1)
    Get so wasted i cannot remember the night before - not done that yet:P

Are you willing to let me help by chosing the drinks? (Warning....I haz plan! :D)

What foods are you phobic about?

I want a bold ginger child story!

Ever had a embarrassing massage moment?

What are you scared of?

You know that in real life you are morally required to marry another ginger right?

A few favorite films?

What is the last thing that made you laugh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement