Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Irish Whip wrestling any good?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    my little fella's gone mad into WWE in the last 6 months or so. I'm loving it myself - hadn't really watched it since the glory days of Ric Flair winning the Royal Rumble.
    Anyways, he saw a poster in the chipper the other night for Irish Whip wrestling coming to town at the end of the month and wants to go so I was wondering if it's any good.

Cheers,
    Showry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No harm in taking him along anyway. Its far from the bright lights and showmanship of WWE, but he should enjoy himself all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭jeffk

gimmick wrote: »
    No harm in taking him along anyway. Its far from the bright lights and showmanship of WWE, but he should enjoy himself all the same.

And youll get your self and the nipper in for less than half the price of one wwe ticket.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There tends to be one or two genuinely interesting matches for the adults at IWW shows, and your son will just love it for the chance to see real wrasslers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Showry, your best bet would be to ask a man on this board called Flahavaj. He'll tell you all the craic with IwW

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Showry, your best bet would be to ask a man on this board called Flahavaj. He'll tell you all the craic with IwW

And bring a shovel :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

If your son is a wrestling fan and IwW are coming to your town then you should take him. If it's his first live wrestling event he will love it. IwW's saying is 'A night of fun for the whole family' and it is. I brought my brothers son to an IwW show a few years ago and he loved it. The wrestlers take the time out to take pictures with the fans after the show which is a great thing for the kids. If you do go then I hope ye have a blast and let us know what you thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

showry wrote: »
    Hi all,
    my little fella's gone mad into WWE in the last 6 months or so. I'm loving it myself - hadn't really watched it since the glory days of Ric Flair winning the Royal Rumble.
    Anyways, he saw a poster in the chipper the other night for Irish Whip wrestling coming to town at the end of the month and wants to go so I was wondering if it's any good.

Cheers,
    Showry

If you remember those days of wrestling you should really enjoy it yourself too.
    There is an obvious influence by that time in IwW.

One reason to attend an iww show is to see manson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

One reason to attend an iww show is to see manson :)

Agreed, the guy is crazy but he is also a sound bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »

A boy the bauld Ger.

To the OP. Under no circumstance bring the young lad to watch that shower. Why pollute the poor child's eyes with watching undertrained skinny adolescents and over weight dirtbirds putting on matches that are worse than any you'll see on a backyard DVD. Chances are, even if you do bring him along to the show, you'll only break his litle heart when the company's gormless, incapable owner arrives to the door to confess that yet again they've forgotten to bring the ring with them to a wrestling show. Not to mind the fact that the poster he saw probably advertises guys who won't even be on the show.

Safe your money mate. If he really wnats to see some wrestlers pop along to your local Tesco and you'll see all the workers toiling away there packing bags to pay for Dragon Kid's flight to the so-called Supershow 2 years ago.

Or failing that bring him to NLW or AWR. At least the guys who wrestle on those shows can work a match and look like actual wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

flahavaj wrote: »
    A boy the bauld Ger.

To the OP. Under no circumstance bring the young lad to watch that shower. Why pollute the poor child's eyes with watching undertrained skinny adolescents and over weight dirtbirds putting on matches that are worse than any you'll see on a backyard DVD. Chances are, even if you do bring him along to the show, you'll only break his litle heart when the company's gormless, incapable owner arrives to the door to confess that yet again they've forgotten to bring the ring with them to a wrestling show. Not to mind the fact that the poster he saw probably advertises guys who won't even be on the show.

Safe your money mate. If he really wnats to see some wrestlers pop along to your local Tesco and you'll see all the workers toiling away there packing bags to pay for Dragon Kid's flight to the so-called Supershow 2 years ago.

Or failing that bring him to NLW or AWR. At least the guys who wrestle on those shows can work a match and look like actual wrestlers.

At this stage I should point out that Flahavaj has gone to between one and zero Irish Whip Shows in his life. Make what you will out of that.

• Advertisement

Hamndegger wrote: »
    At this stage I should point out that Flahavaj has gone to between one and zero Irish Whip Shows in his life. Make what you will out of that.

i wanna know how you know that?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Maybe theres a reason for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

to pay for Dragon Kid's flight to the so-called Supershow 2 years ago.

To be fair, Dragonkid was at the Waterford show. He did a very good match with Red Vinny.

i wanna know how you know that?...

His constant posts on here that say that he hasn't ;)

Fair enough. :o

Typical of the innaccuracy-laden, mistruthful rhetoric for which IWW has become renowned in the world of wrestling. Theres about as much truth in Ham n' Eggers posts in this threads as there were in the posters they put up claiming they were going to bring a wrestling ring to cork.

I've been to 4 IWW shows actually, flown-in talent were the draw. Between this and the other footage of matches I've seen, not to mind the numerous information I've been given by former and present employees, I've garnered plenty information uopn which to base my low opinion of both them, their representatives and their shady modus operandi.

But hey, IWW, never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh!?:pac:

While we on the ole IWW buzz whats the crack on the roster?
    I see Jc Williams or whatever that clowns called is gone and then i hard bam katrazz is gone to?

Typical of the innaccuracy-laden, mistruthful rhetoric for which IWW has become renowned in the world of wrestling. Theres about as much truth in Ham n' Eggers posts in this threads as there were in the posters they put up claiming they were going to bring a wrestling ring to cork.

I've been to 4 IWW shows actually, flown-in talent were the draw. Between this and the other footage of matches I've seen, not to mind the numerous information I've been given by former and present employees, I've garnered plenty information uopn which to base my low opinion of both them, their representatives and their shady modus operandi.:

An alleged 4 shows out of well over 100+ shows by IWW and some hear say, whispers and rumours from a bitter whinge bag who loves to hate IWW; that's great "information" for you:rolleyes::D

An alleged 4 shows out of well over 100+ shows by IWW and some hear say, whispers and rumours from a bitter whinge bag who loves to hate IWW; that's great "information" for you

Well i will say this as well as me(im sure most people know how many IWW shows ive been to)
    IWW has dipped badly leading up to and on the night of the national basketball show.

There was a double show in donnycarny and the main champ(vic viper) lost his belt only to win the light zero g belt on the later show.
    This was crazy, as if IWW`s roster isn’t like most other indie one and is full of small people they blurred the lines even more. You had red vinny and bingo balance as two of the best high flyers, but decided that vic after losing the main belt would take the zero g belt.

Then the NBA show, I mean if you had planned to record 3 or 4 tapings surely an afternoon start was needed.
    Sure even do 2 in the afternoon and then 2 in the evening, that way the hardcore stuff could have been done when there where no kids @ the show.

The biggest crime was resting on you laurels, sitting back and riding the wave. What has happened now, the zero g divisions credibility was damaged and from what I can see half the rosters gone. Gym wars was a novel idea but never really took of and the product became stale.

I already raised Vito listing IWW dates and IWW not advertising him up to now. I know what i was told but surely hype what you have with a venue to be confirm or the like beside the date your not sure of!!

Anyways that’s my rant or tupence word and I hope its not just taken as just another IWW basher

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Since i havent been to a IWW since that god awful 4!!! hour show in the Moat in Naas (which turned me off IWW) i dont no what the roster or shows are like , but at the same time its a good start to bring your son if he is dying to see wrestling. Also if you dont want to spend like €60/€70 on a wwe ticket def check out NLW/AWR(best wrestling show since the IWW supershow with daniels/aj/sabin etc)

• Advertisement

Since i havent been to a IWW since that god awful 4!!! hour show in the Moat in Naas (which turned me off IWW) i dont no what the roster or shows are like , but at the same time its a good start to bring your son if he is dying to see wrestling. Also if you dont want to spend like €60/€70 on a wwe ticket def check out NLW/AWR(best wrestling show since the IWW supershow with daniels/aj/sabin etc)

Where and when?
    Ive heard about these an cpw(insert many names here) but rarely do i see many shows advertised.
    I mean IWW used to lash shows out and now there not whos filling the gaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

TBH IWW is never going to get better if the fan numbers don't increase. Maybe if you want the product ( Or more importantly the wrestling ) you have to support the product.

At least in Leinster ye have a promotion unlike the WHESSST :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

jeffk wrote: »
    Where and when?

I just meant keep an eye out for when there running the next tour. Sorry for getting your hopes up:)

I just meant keep an eye out for when there running the next tour. Sorry for getting your hopes up:)

Not my hopes buddy im long gone on the Irish wrestling scene.For the op who might be looking for shows to go to along with IWW.

Not my hopes buddy im long gone on the Irish wrestling scene.For the op who might be looking for shows to go to along with IWW.

You and me both jeff :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I see Jc Williams or whatever that clowns called

Feeling a little bitter there Jeff?

http://file047b.bebo.com/17/original/2009/01/15/15/251410320a9876720764o.jpg

Adiboo wrote: »

Bitter over some sligo mucker that couldnt get over an thinks hes something now
    EH
    Nope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Ah yeah, so the fact that the same day he declines your request, you slag him off on an internet forum has nothing to do with it. Good job buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Adiboo wrote: »

Thats hilarious

• Advertisement

An alleged 4 shows out of well over 100+ shows by IWW and some hear say, whispers and rumours from a bitter whinge bag who loves to hate IWW; that's great "information" for you:rolleyes::D
    What would be a satisfactory number of shows then!? Five? Twenty? Why in God's name would I spend any more money on IWW than that when I know well it'll only line the pockets of a notoriously unscrupupous bunch of operators. I'm more well versed than most on this forum of IWW and their ways lad, as well you know.

Of course childish name calling such as the above only serves to highlight further the abject amateurishness of the entire company and its imcompetent representatives. I'm quite sure you personally Ham 'nd Egger with your behaviour on here have personally ensured any prospective new fans have been turned right off the product in question. Way to add to your recent double figure attendances there, mate.

Advertisement