Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Irish Whip wrestling any good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

What is going on with IwW these days? It seemed to be the golden child of Irish wrestling not so long ago. Granted, it's been awhile since I've been at a show.

EDIT: I was just told by someone to have a look at the roster on their website. Jesus. Apart from a few guys who stand out, most of them seem to be cut from the same cloth. Let me guess, they're all 5'8/9, and weigh about 8 stone? And who thinks of these names? "The Kid" Keith Connolly, "Farmer" Wayne Daly, "Angry" Aaron Barton...? Give me a break. As my brother put it, "I could kick that guys ass". That's the last thing a "wrestler" wants to hear from a 17 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    And who thinks of these names?

Simon seems to like alliteration, quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

Recalling some current and past names...

Bingo Ballance
    Ballymun Bruiser
    Harry Hardshaw
    Mad Man Manson
    Mickie Magpie
    Super Speedo
    Vic Viper

...you just might be onto something. Clever Clive over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

HAHAHAHAH aboy jeff. Why did you add a "sligo mucker" on bebo? Just wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Gerard.C wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAH aboy jeff. Why did you add a "sligo mucker" on bebo? Just wondering...

Cause i used to have him an most of the IWW roster on my bebo and myspace but ive gotten sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

jeffk wrote: »
    Cause i used to have him an most of the IWW roster on my bebo and myspace but ive gotten sense

Within the last few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Hamndegger wrote: »
    An alleged 4 shows out of well over 100+ shows by IWW and some hear say, whispers and rumours from a bitter whinge bag who loves to hate IWW; that's great "information" for you:rolleyes::D

Are you officially with IwW or do you just REALLY like them or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 simon ritchie

dudes its only wrestling...and its only wrestling in IRELAND.............
    if someone has been put off by any fed thats their own deal. for someone starting from fresh with a kid who wants to see some wrestling, there are plenty of places to see it. everyone runs basically the same show (leaving the awr lads out of it). So whether its iww cpw nwa or whoever its basically the same show with the same standard and some great wrestlers.

p.s: there are assholes in each fed. and to a first timer, or someone who doesnt really dig the stuff on the internet, the stupid little things wont matter...i dont care who is in charge of where or who's name rhymes or alliterates........and years ago when rings never showed up noone said peep but when its the fed people hate it is jumped all over. and no shows/double bookings happen all the time all over the world.

i'm tired from all this typing...

highspots and nip-ups rule!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

showry wrote: »
    Hi all,
    my little fella's gone mad into WWE in the last 6 months or so. I'm loving it myself - hadn't really watched it since the glory days of Ric Flair winning the Royal Rumble.
    Anyways, he saw a poster in the chipper the other night for Irish Whip wrestling coming to town at the end of the month and wants to go so I was wondering if it's any good.

Cheers,
    Showry

Where is this show on ?

Advertisement